Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

42 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That's it! He can be such an exciting player to watch. He beats players for fun and then puts in a shocking ball, making him all the more frustrating. Putting things into perspective, we signed Gray for a third of the price that we're looking to offload Schlupp and Gray is a far more accomplished footballer. 

Gray was clearly an absolute bargain though

There must be a sell on clause in the contract where Birmingham get 50% of the next possible fee or something

So if we get £12m for Schlupp that's more than the combined fee  we paid for a potential starting 11 of ours. 

Schmeichel - 1m

Simpson - 2m

Morgan - 500k

Huth - 3m

Chilwell - 0

Albrighton -0

King -0 

Drinky - 1m

Fuchs - 0

Mahrez - 400k

Vardy - 1m

8.9m roughly. The fees for Drinky, kasper and Morgan were a bit sketchy as they were undisclosed fees. But I still have 3.1m left to spend of the Schlupp money anyway haha

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

So if we get £12m for Schlupp that's more than the combined fee  we paid for a potential starting 11 of ours. 

Schmeichel - 1m

Simpson - 2m

Morgan - 500k

Huth - 3m

Chilwell - 0

Albrighton -0

King -0 

Drinky - 1m

Fuchs - 0

Mahrez - 400k

Vardy - 1m

8.9m roughly. The fees for Drinky, kasper and Morgan were a bit sketchy as they were undisclosed fees. But I still have 3.1m left to spend of the Schlupp money anyway haha

Morgan was £1m.

Soz.

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Schmeichel - 1m

Simpson - 2m

Morgan - 500k

Huth - 3m

Chilwell - 0

Albrighton -0

King -0 

Drinky - 1m

Fuchs - 0

Mahrez - 400k

Vardy - 1m

At first sight, it looks like a relative bargain. But that's transfer fees alone and we don't know what perks/add-ons were included in each deal. I'd estimate that in the most conservative calculation, you're highly likely looking at twice that total amount as far as initial "costs" are concerned. Not to speak of potential promotion bonuses, etc.

He's got the potential to be worth twice that in today's market. I genuinely believe that. He's been excellent for us when given regular playing time, and on his day he is unplayable. He can be a complete donkey too but usually when thrown into a game for the first time in yonks. If ibe is worth £15mill then so is our Jeff. 

21 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

He had a release clause I believe

Yeah he did but he only signed a contract with Brum the window before we bought him, a window or two before that Bournemouth had an £8m+ bid turned down

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Schmeichel - 1m

Simpson - 2m

Morgan - 500k

Huth - 3m

Chilwell - 0

Albrighton -0

King -0 

Drinky - 1m

Fuchs - 0

Mahrez - 400k

Vardy - 1m

Chilly wasn't free 

Reading some of the comments on here make me sick. 

Stay or go Jeff deserves more respect. He's been with our club during the best ever period and he's never let us down when it mattered. Without him (or any first team player) we wouldn't have achieved something most of us could have only ever dreamed of. Whether or not it's the right time to sell him doesn't matter, we should be talking about the great moments he's given us whilst he was here not slating the lad. 

People ask for loyalty from players but our own fans can't even support a player who won the league (a mental sentence) after a few bad performances.  Jeff is one of the most likeable lads to ever wear a city shirt and I'm going to miss him when he goes.  

Oh and you better belie he's going to tear us a new one when we see him again. 

Will always be thought of highly be me.  Club legend! 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Stay or go Jeff deserves more respect. He's been with our club during the best ever period and he's never let us down when it mattered. Without him (or any first team player) we wouldn't have achieved something most of us could have only ever dreamed of. Whether or not it's the right time to sell him doesn't matter, we should be talking about the great moments he's given us whilst he was here not slating the lad. 

People ask for loyalty from players but our own fans can't even support a player who won the league (a mental sentence) after a few bad performances.  Jeff is one of the most likeable lads to ever wear a city shirt and I'm going to miss him when he goes.  

Your rod seems pretty firm but could be improved on, need some work on the reel I don't think anyone is actually going to believe we would not have won the league without Jeffrey, club legend is definitely a top bait though. Don't be changing that.

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Tell me you didn't say schlupps a club legend cause the only way he is a club legend is the same way Trevor Benjamin was.

just a yours sincerely mrs schlupp missing off that speel!

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Tell me you didn't say schlupps a club legend cause the only way he is a club legend is the same way Trevor Benjamin was.

Won the league mate, mental sentence, I'm more of a Gokan inler fan myself but both undeniable club legends.

15 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Take schlupp out of the team and we would have been playing championship football instead.  But you're right we would have won the championship which would have been just as good. 

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Jeff is that you? We were wondering in another thread if players frequent these forums :)

Archived