Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Your top 10 sitcoms

9 minutes ago, mick47 said:

Don't worry Webbo, Costock Fox's top ten consisted of one (the peep show)  His mummy says that when he's finished his homework (Janet & John book one) he can watch his real favorite "Spongebob square pants" and then she's going to teach him how to count to ten and that should keep him quiet for weeks. :rolleyes:

Genuinely ****ing love Sponge Bob mate lol 

4 minutes ago, mick47 said:

Yup thought you might. :-)

In all seriousness Peep Show is pure genius so I started to write a top 10 and realised I don't watch enough TV to try and come up with 9 others.

I guarantee Spongebob is less hated by adults than Mrs Browns Boys. I find it offensive it's that bad.

Love the play ground insults though but you won't be coming to my birthday party and most certainly won't get a party bag which includes an object that looks like it might be edible but in fact is a crayon. 

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Father Ted

I'm Alan Partridge

Peep Show

It's always Sunny 

Nighty Night

Black Books

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

Brasseye 

IT Crowd 

The Office (UK)

I was going to put Brasseye or Day Today but not sure it comes under 'sitcom'.

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

In all seriousness Peep Show is pure genius so I started to write a top 10 and realised I don't watch enough TV to try and come up with 9 others.

I guarantee Spongebob is less hated by adults than Mrs Browns Boys. I find it offensive it's that bad.

Love the play ground insults though but you won't be coming to my birthday party and most certainly won't get a party bag which includes an object that looks like it might be edible but in fact is a crayon. 

Ok enough's enough, I've just taken you off my Christmas card list and e mailed my mate Claudio, no more free beer or mince pies for you me laddo. Oh and your clappers being replaced with a dummy.:P

Only Fools and Horses

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Phoenix Nights

The Office

Royal Family

Extras

Porridge

Likely Lads

Goodnight Sweetheart

Game On

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Only Fools and Horses

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Phoenix Nights

The Office

Royal Family

Extras

Porridge

Likely Lads

Goodnight Sweetheart

Game On

Last one's a bit out of left-field. Good shout though. The early Game On with Ben Chaplin was great.

4 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Hi-De-Hi

( I was emphasising your point) Eh,up I think I've a new title for a sitcom.

Loved it ...    Every character was funny but the miserable Punch and Judy man that hated kids was classic !   :)

1. The Mighty Boosh
  2. Peep Show
  3. Silicon Valley
  4. The Thick of It
  5. Seinfeld
  6. BoJack Horseman
  7. The IT Crowd
  8. Southpark
  9. Malcolm in the Middle
  10. Black Books

Fresh Meat and The Wrong Mans would be in there (as #2 and maybe #7-ish), but I don't really consider them true sitcoms like the rest.

59 minutes ago, FireFox said:
  1. The Mighty Boosh
  2. Peep Show
  3. Silicon Valley
  4. The Thick of It
  5. Seinfeld
  6. BoJack Horseman
  7. The IT Crowd
  8. Southpark
  9. Malcolm in the Middle
  10. Black Books

Fresh Meat and The Wrong Mans would be in there (as #2 and maybe #7-ish), but I don't really consider them true sitcoms like the rest.

Is 'The Thick of It' a Sit Com? If so, it's now in my top 1. Never has a TV Programme made me laugh as much. Genius imo 

24 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Is 'The Thick of It' a Sit Com? If so, it's now in my top 1. Never has a TV Programme made me laugh as much. Genius imo 

It's a workplace sitcom imo.

Heavy political satire (but satire doesn't make something not a sticom) and some overarching stories in the later series with a bit of drama (but what shows that go on for a few series don't have that).

It would probably be my number 1 if I watched it while it came out and had been more up to date with British politics/all the references.

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

One vote for the residents of Bikini Bottom from Manwell Pablo

Mrs Browns Boys offends my face. 

10 hours ago, bovril said:

Last one's a bit out of left-field. Good shout though. The early Game On with Ben Chaplin was great.

Thought of it at the end, it was really good from what I remember. 

P.S If The Thick Of It counts that's in my top ten as well.

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

One vote for the residents of Bikini Bottom from Manwell Pablo

Mrs Browns Boys offends my face. 

Add Citizen Khan to Mrs Brown's Boys. Hideous. 

Parks and rec

Nathan barley

Only fools 

Porridge

Friends 

Thick of it 

Partridge 

Cheers 

Father Ted

It crowd 

I'm assuming brass eye and the day today not sitcoms as they would have been in their otherwise 

In no particular order:

scrubs, black books, red dwarf, parks and rec, fawlty towers, allo allo, arrested development, father ted, vicar of dibley, peep show,

wouldn't class thick of it, brass eye or day today as sitcoms. Oh, and spongebob is far better than Mrs browns boys.

Archived