Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Listening to Anarchy Arias - old punk songs done by the royal philharmonic orchestra. Can't work out if it's great or just plain wrong...

Sounds bizarre. 

"Anarchy for the orchestra, it's coming some time, maybe during the intermission.

Resist the Ar-i-a! Resist the RPO! I thought it was a minuet or just another sym-phon-ee-ah!"

Did you ever see Ade Edmondson & the Bad Shepherds? They used to do folk versions of old punk and post-punk songs....very good, surprisingl.

On 23/07/2017 at 18:16, The Doctor said:

Listening to Anarchy Arias - old punk songs done by the royal philharmonic orchestra. Can't work out if it's great or just plain wrong...

Without even listening I can tell you it's wrong.

On 23/07/2017 at 20:32, Alf Bentley said:

Sounds bizarre. 

"Anarchy for the orchestra, it's coming some time, maybe during the intermission.

Resist the Ar-i-a! Resist the RPO! I thought it was a minuet or just another sym-phon-ee-ah!"

Did you ever see Ade Edmondson & the Bad Shepherds? They used to do folk versions of old punk and post-punk songs....very good, surprisingl.

The concept is bizarre, punk and opera should be at opposite ends of the social divide, but it sounds pretty good. 

On 28/07/2017 at 14:07, Trav Le Bleu said:

Without even listening I can tell you it's wrong.

Not going to argue it's wrong, but after a few listens its pretty good.

New Alice Cooper is good as well - not listened to him that much before, but it's a solid album. Lot more bluesy than I was expecting.

Another of the tracks from the new album Savage. I love this track and from what I've heard from the album, it's going to be his best. 39 years into a career that includes the classic number ones Replicas, The Pleasure Principle & Telekon plus Splinter, that's some going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First radio play and the first time I've heard the studio version of When The World Comes Apart and it's effing brilliant. Gary mixes industrial and electronic better than Nine Inch Nails have for years. My new favourite Numan track on what is definitely going to be his best album.

43 minutes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0927dn3

Archived