Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

On 11/09/2017 at 18:47, Samilktray said:

37162956_350_350.jpg

Been playing this album a lot recently 

Enjoyed this a lot. Similar sound to the Courteeners I thought at first.

Really enjoyed Last Night and Motions.

Gary Numan is currently sitting at no.2 in the midweek official album chart with Savage. If you haven't heard it yet, you really should, it's fantastic.

Just a little explanation so the lyrics and sound make sense if any of you do listen. The album is set in a world devastated by global warming, it's savage and hostile and so are the survivors living in it, religions have disappeared, cultures have merged, then one day, a section of the bible is discovered and it goes even further downhill from there.

On 05/07/2017 at 22:25, winchesterton said:

if you can get pass the clunky opening lines about yoga and an inevitable lennon reference, this is a surprisingly quality song. Quite profound in some respects and better than anything noel has done - imho.

Not even close to most of Noel's stuff, can't believe you think Liam's better

Well, Numan did get the No.1 Dance/Electronic album and hang on to the No.2 slot in the official charts.

Meanwhile in America, Numan outsold Calvin Harris to take the No.1 Dance/Electronic album which they promptly robbed him of by saying it doesn't fit their description of Dance/Electronic.

Gary Numan? Doesn't fit in the genre for electronic music?

Whether they think it fits their description of Electronic or not, it's still an album, it still outsold Calvin Harris and will still be ahead of him in the Top 100 right?

Nope, they've robbed him of that as well.

Absolutely disgraceful!

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/bmg-left-bemused-billboards-ludicrous-gary-numan-chart-blackball/

13 hours ago, Leicester_Numan said:

Well, Numan did get the No.1 Dance/Electronic album and hang on to the No.2 slot in the official charts.

Meanwhile in America, Numan outsold Calvin Harris to take the No.1 Dance/Electronic album which they promptly robbed him of by saying it doesn't fit their description of Dance/Electronic.

Gary Numan? Doesn't fit in the genre for electronic music?

Whether they think it fits their description of Electronic or not, it's still an album, it still outsold Calvin Harris and will still be ahead of him in the Top 100 right?

Nope, they've robbed him of that as well.

Absolutely disgraceful!

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/bmg-left-bemused-billboards-ludicrous-gary-numan-chart-blackball/

Numan are you aware of this? https://electronicsound.co.uk/product/issue-33-vinyl-bundle/

On 28/09/2017 at 12:49, Rocket-Ron said:

Yes I was, I follow them on Twitter, I heard the mix on someone's blog and didn't like it so I didn't buy it for that. There's always one of the fans that will post photos of magazine articles that aren't available to read online so I don't need to buy them. Thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

on my turntable this year:

- the Jesus and Mary Chain: damage & joy

- grandaddy: last place

-the shins- heartworms

-françois & the atlas mountains - solide mirage

-beck: colors

- calypso valois: cannibale

- Phoenix - ti amo

- Sufjan Stevens, Bryce Dessner, Nico Muhly & James McAlister - Planetarium

- Alvvays - antisocialites

-The XX - I see you