Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2017

Stroll is more at fault if anything really. But taking the steering wheel is apparently a nono. Getting a lift sitting on another car is apparently a nono. I presume that will be swept under the carpet aswell. As soft as it would be to be penalised over that, all these little things are totting up. Interesting that the stewards have said no further action on the Stroll incident, therefore there can't be any special permission for a free gearbox change for Vettel. If they deemed Stroll at fault it might have happened yet I can't think of a race situation where somebody has had their gearbox damaged while not being at fault in a collision and being allowed a free change

16 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Stroll is more at fault if anything really. But taking the steering wheel is apparently a nono. Getting a lift sitting on another car is apparently a nono. I presume that will be swept under the carpet aswell. As soft as it would be to be penalised over that, all these little things are totting up. Interesting that the stewards have said no further action on the Stroll incident, therefore there can't be any special permission for a free gearbox change for Vettel. If they deemed Stroll at fault it might have happened yet I can't think of a race situation where somebody has had their gearbox damaged while not being at fault in a collision and being allowed a free change

Was there really any need for Vettel to overtake at speed on a corner? 

yes taking the steering wheel is generally not acceptable as Marshalls need it to move the car although with it having 3wheels they are unlikely to push it anywhere 

as for the taxi ride unless they have changed the regulations since Webber took his ride on Alonso’s car quite a few seasons ago he will face no repercussions for the ride itself,

what he will probably face is that he entered a race track on foot without a Marshall’s permission, as above unless there have been changes Wehrlein won’t face charges for the actual lift but will face a charge of unnecessary stopping on a racetrack 

31 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Was there really any need for Vettel to overtake at speed on a corner? 

yes taking the steering wheel is generally not acceptable as Marshalls need it to move the car although with it having 3wheels they are unlikely to push it anywhere 

as for the taxi ride unless they have changed the regulations since Webber took his ride on Alonso’s car quite a few seasons ago he will face no repercussions for the ride itself,

what he will probably face is that he entered a race track on foot without a Marshall’s permission, as above unless there have been changes Wehrlein won’t face charges for the actual lift but will face a charge of unnecessary stopping on a racetrack 

They always go back at different speeds, obviously the winner is usually slowest of the lot. Hamilton had caught up about 10 seconds halfway through the lap. I wouldn't say Vettel was going that quick at all, as much as i'd like him to be in the wrong I don't think he is here

Regardless of your thoughts on Hamilton/Vettel, its a shame for the neutrals and the sport as a whole that the title didnt go down to the wire.

At one point this season it was brilliant with the championship lead changing several times and either car being better than the other on differing circuits.

• Like 2