Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

He looked like Patrick Vieira at times last night, brilliant, I don't think he lost a header.

If he can keep that up we've got a hell of a player.

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes, the other 10 playing certainly helps.. lol

But what we've been missing in the central midfield area is that player who can play alongside Drinkwater and do exactly what you said Ndidi did last night. Tackle, pick a pass and do it in a composed fashion. There was a spell between just after half time to about Sixty mins in when Ndidi looked like he'd been playing in the Prem for years.

This IS what we've been missing, along with many other things and it's exactly why I've been banging on about it so much.

If it's just ndidi we've been missing why did we lose his first five league games without a single goal in that time?

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

If it's just ndidi we've been missing why did we lose his first five league games without a single goal in that time?

How can 'along with many other things' (e.g. Playing a higher, more pressing game) equate to me saying 'just Ndidi'. Even for you that's stretching it! lol

If you can't see that Ndidi is a class above any other CM we've signed under Ranieri then I give up. Although I said before, with what you've been posting over recent weeks, I've given up anyway tbf.

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How can 'along with many other things' (e.g. Playing a higher, more pressing game) equate to me saying 'just Ndidi'. Even for you that's stretching it! lol

If you can't see that Ndidi is a class above any other CM we've signed under Ranieri then I give up. Although I said before, with what you've been posting over recent weeks, I've given up anyway tbf.

Despite that ive been fairly clear that hes a monster? Maybe the reason you disagree with what I say so much is because you're incapable of reading anything that isn't just praising you for always being right.

Also, he's not yet. We signed Kante under Ranieri remember? I think Ndidi can go further than Kante but currently ngolo is still a level above.

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Despite that ive been fairly clear that hes a monster? Maybe the reason you disagree with what I say so much is because you're incapable of reading anything that isn't just praising you for always being right.

Also, he's not yet. We signed Kante under Ranieri remember? I think Ndidi can go further than Kante but currently ngolo is still a level above.

I always get confused with this...wasn't Kante identified BEFORE Ranieri joined us and the deal basically done?

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Yes, the other 10 playing certainly helps.. lol

But what we've been missing in the central midfield area is that player who can play alongside Drinkwater and do exactly what you said Ndidi did last night. Tackle, pick a pass and do it in a composed fashion. There was a spell between just after half time to about Sixty mins in when Ndidi looked like he'd been playing in the Prem for years.

This IS what we've been missing, along with many other things and it's exactly why I've been banging on about it so much.

Yes, I think I can confirm you may have mentioned it  lol

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I always get confused with this...wasn't Kante identified BEFORE Ranieri joined us and the deal basically done?

No. He was identified before Ranieri (the scouting team generally watch for a good few months - don't forget okazaki was originally linked january 2015) but he wasn't coming here until after Claudio was appointed.

Ndidi looks quality, he has had some poor games in my opinion but if the rest of the team play at that tempo/intensity he will stand out and develop into a top quality player.

Some of his passing last night was world class, equally he made a couple of v poor passes and gave the ball away needlessly...he seems better when he is playing on instinct and has less time on the ball, we should build that midfield around him over next couple of seasons, his work rate and tackling are great, wins every header and it is a real bonus that he carries a goal threat!

Got to keep him, and build around him. 

And just think he will only get better for us!. he's still learning and developing but already is looking a class act and at only twenty years old has years ahead of him to develop an understanding with the players around him. a great signing indeedi

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

No. He was identified before Ranieri (the scouting team generally watch for a good few months - don't forget okazaki was originally linked january 2015) but he wasn't coming here until after Claudio was appointed.

Hardly a Ranieri signing then...?

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He has everything in his locker, good in the air, great vision, passing ability, can tackle and not afraid to get forward too. Loses concentration at times and occassional ball watching but that is due to age and experience. Yaya Toure with work rate.

Toures work rate is embarrassing. He's more like Vieria.

What I like about him judging by what he tweets/puts on Instagram is that he's a lot lot keener to play for us than Kante ever was. You can see the passion he possesses and I hope we can hang on to his service come summer. Survival pending of course.

28 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Pretty sure Okazaki signed before Ranieri was here.

16 minutes ago, MaxR said:

What I like about him judging by what he tweets/puts on Instagram is that he's a lot lot keener to play for us than Kante ever was. You can see the passion he possesses and I hope we can hang on to his service come summer. Survival pending of course.

Kantè put 100% ever game he played for us. Just because he's a shy character and dosent post stuff on social media dosent mean he didn't want to be here.

Kid has limitless potential. Wins headers, good vision, nice passing range, good in a tackle and the occasional banger for good measure. Nothing this lad can't do. 

Hope we can keep him happy and see just how far he can progress. 

While some of our signings have indeed been doggo, we've got a few players here that could form the spine of a team for years to come. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

That is a huge call, Kanté is one of the best midfielders in the world right now. If you are right, (and I seriously hope you are) then two world class players in two seasons for a combined total of 22 million is  incredible scouting and recruitment. 

I just hope there's no release clause.

I was a huge fan of Kante (still am) but Ndidi has potentially got more in his locker than Kante. Ndidi can do the dirty work, the tackling, the tracking back, but is actually better in the air than Kante and I think has more footballing prowess. He looks a better overall player (or will be) than Kante, with more skill and more goal threat. 

Its early, he's young and as we all know, sometimes these kids can look brilliant one season, then go right off it the next. But I don't think this will be the case with Ndidi. I think he looks to have everything about him to be a really really good player.

ANOTHER positive post from Col, who apparently,  is forever putting young players down. Whereas, in reality, I'll just post what I see.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Kantè put 100% ever game he played for us. Just because he's a shy character.

Not saying he didn't put 100% into every game, because he did, but you could tell he didn't really want to come to the club originally, and then of course he chose to leave us after a title win and guarantee of CL football. Not dismissing his attitude in game though, he's the best in the world at what he does that's clear to see

Archived