Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

He looked so relieved last night after the third, like "fvcking hell, THIS is what they were talking about last season!" lol 

It's also promising that he wanted to come Leicester even though we were in the shite when he signed, Kante always gave his all but seemed unsure of his decision but until we were cruising to the title! I'm hoping he's dedicated to Leicester for a few seasons if we stay up and push on!

I think that he's an incredible player for 99% of the game. But he does  switch off completely at some points in the game, particularly towards the end of the match.  When he does switch off it almost always seems to result in a goal, possibly because he's so good for the rest of the game and he catches his teammates by surprise. That'll change with experience though. One thing is for certain, once again, we have a truly class player on our hands.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I was a huge fan of Kante (still am) but Ndidi has potentially got more in his locker than Kante. Ndidi can do the dirty work, the tackling, the tracking back, but is actually better in the air than Kante and I think has more footballing prowess. He looks a better overall player (or will be) than Kante, with more skill and more goal threat. 

Its early, he's young and as we all know, sometimes these kids can look brilliant one season, then go right off it the next. But I don't think this will be the case with Ndidi. I think he looks to have everything about him to be a really really good player.

ANOTHER positive post from Col, who apparently,  is forever putting young players down. Whereas, in reality, I'll just post what I see.

You'd hope so with him being about 5 feet taller! haha

My only disappointment with him was a poor pass when he had a chance to put Vardy in. Other than though, it was the performance of a player that is going to go on to have a great career at the very top level.

32 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

That is a huge call, Kanté is one of the best midfielders in the world right now. If you are right, (and I seriously hope you are) then two world class players in two seasons for a combined total of 22 million is  incredible scouting and recruitment. 

I just hope there's no release clause.

Kante had two major weaknesses - aerial prowess and finishing. This lad looks like he can round those out. At five years younger than Kante as well...

Don't you wish we had Ndidi AND Kante? It would be absolutely disgusting to see. Drinkwater and Mahrez would love it!

Yesterday was the first time Drinky and Ndidi clicked in the games I've seen them start together. Third goal was Leicester from last season at their best. One midfield dynamo wins the ball back with a challenge that defies belief, the other starts an attacking raid instantly, our striker chases it down with hunger and launches a cross which our creative midfielder then chases down, despite being a lost cause. He 1-2's with our full-back who has burst his lungs to get up the field who then crosses it back to the striker to nod in. Pure awesomeness.

Can't speak highly enough of the guy. We put a lot of pressure on him to come in and settle right away, and I would argue he has done that. In my opinion our 2nd best player this calendar year after Kasper. 

I expect his release clause is somewhere between £40-50m given today's market. The worry is that just like Kante, teams will realize he's worth it. Honestly I'd rather Ndidi in my team than Pogba. I can predict the "Hide Ndidi" thread being made early next year if we stay up, but because he's so tall it will be much hider to hide him!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't you wish we had Ndidi AND Kante? It would be absolutely disgusting to see. Drinkwater and Mahrez would love it!

Yesterday was the first time Drinky and Ndidi clicked in the games I've seen them start together. Third goal was Leicester from last season at their best. One midfield dynamo wins the ball back with a challenge that defies belief, the other starts an attacking raid instantly, our striker chases it down with hunger and launches a cross which our creative midfielder then chases down, despite being a lost cause. He 1-2's with our full-back who has burst his lungs to get up the field who then crosses it back to the striker to nod in. Pure awesomeness.

Can't speak highly enough of the guy. We put a lot of pressure on him to come in and settle right away, and I would argue he has done that. In my opinion our 2nd best player this calendar year after Kasper. 

I expect his release clause is somewhere between £40-50m given today's market. The worry is that just like Kante, teams will realize he's worth it. Honestly I'd rather Ndidi in my team than Pogba. I can predict the "Hide Ndidi" thread being made early next year if we stay up, but because he's so tall it will be much hider to hide him!

Drinky wouldnt be in the team ha ha ha

Love how Ndidi celebrated when we scored too. Always straight over to the scorer and shows real passion. His reaction after he scored against Derby as well.

He was absolutely incredible last night.

The third goal we scored came from his interception. Then it was Vardy chasing, good control from Mahrez and a Fuchs dragback and cross (with the right foot). Definitely my favourite goal from last night and it started with Ndidi.

48 minutes ago, filbertway said:

My only disappointment with him was a poor pass when he had a chance to put Vardy in. Other than though, it was the performance of a player that is going to go on to have a great career at the very top level.

At least he saw and tried to make the right pass. I'd far rather people did this when something's genuinely on but there's a balance between taking risks and giving the ball away needlessly. So long as the risks are taken from sensible places or situations there's no problem. It's when we get caught misdirecting passes or taking players on in deep and central midfield areas that trouble results.  

Just now, Thracian said:

At least he saw and tried to make the right pass. I'd far rather people did this when something's genuinely on but there's a balance between taking risks and giving the ball away needlessly. So long as the risks are taken from sensible places or situations there's no problem. It's when we get caught misdirecting passes or taking players on in deep and central midfield areas that trouble results.  

Oh absolutely, it just stood out as about the only bad thing I could remember. Pretty sure he was back and winning the ball back within about 15 seconds anyway :D

There was a moment in the first half when he received the ball on the turn and sprayed it out to Mahrez in the wing in one fell swoop that had my jaw on the floor.

Took him a few games for him to start taking games by the scruff of its neck in my opinion but if that's the norm for Wilf the we've got one hell of a player. He's got it all.

9 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Did you not see his goal against Derby, or that he's just won goal of the year in Belgium?

One swallow doesn't make a summer. I've seen it but also saw his misfirings. It still needs polishing.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

He's got that ability to get his head up every time he gets the ball, even under pressure, and calmly look for a proper pass. Far too few footballers do this.

It's easy to spot a good footballer most of the time.

No it isn't. Look at this forum for details. How many people, for instance, claimed that Gabbiadini wasn't what Leicester needed?

:thumbup:

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I absolutely love the fact he was no fear... takes a brave man to give Huth a rollocking and to be demanding an experienced back line to push up / pass the ball etc.

20... wow

When was this? not saying it didnt happen lol just missed it!!!

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No it isn't. Look at this forum for details. How many people, for instance, claimed that Gabbiadini wasn't what Leicester needed?

:thumbup:

He doesn't seem to be what we need no. Doesn't mean he's not a good player, but Gabbiadini would be useless for us playing the way we play best.

Archived