Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Absolute quality with the ball at his feet and can actually carry the ball fowards. Says a lot that I stopped mid rant towards the end of the game to applaud a moment of dribbling by him to get clear of Pogba I think, then carry the ball towards the box. Missed that so much this year. Would like to see him partnered with Mendy as that could be a solid combo.

1 hour ago, Slim Dog said:

Love how he looks for a pass and then has no options so just does it by himself.

One incident today summed us up. Ndidi gets the ball, looks up, sees nobody in a position to receive a pass (in theory there should be 5 players ready to do so in front of him) so throws his hands up and surges past two of their players before getting hacked down.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

One incident today summed us up. Ndidi gets the ball, looks up, sees nobody in a position to receive a pass (in theory there should be 5 players ready to do so in front of him) so throws his hands up and surges past two of their players before getting hacked down.

Again..spot on. Told it's own story. A kid of 19 literally took charge of a situation and had no one to pass to.

It was disgusting. 

10 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

At least this bloke looks promising. Not sure he's quite the protective shield Kante was but he's aggressive and good on the ball.

Please can the mods put a ban on the word 'Kante'? 

This club can never ever appreciate a midfielder for his talents again if he keeps being compared to the best midfielder in the world. Ndidi is looking really good. Lets support him - not compare him. 

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Please can the mods put a ban on the word 'Kante'? 

This club can never ever appreciate a midfielder for his talents again if he keeps being compared to the best midfielder in the world. Ndidi is looking really good. Lets support him - not compare him. 

Very similar to people comparing seasons to last season. 

You can tell he's growing in confidence.. until today he hasn't been running with the ball but it's like he went up a level today and made some great surging runs can tell he's adapting to this league more and more.Can't wait to watch him develop shame we might get relegated and lose him.

28 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Yeah, saw this happen.  About a minute earlier he was looking to pass forward and again there were no options for him.  Also had a shot on target.  Looks a good player.

I think it's worth trying him Mendy and Gray as the spine of the team on Wednesday. I'd have Gray playing behind Musa up front, with Wilf and Mendy in the middle of the park. Just see if that combination can pose more attacking threat. But as others have said Wilf is a shining light in a dark sky

Just now, Leamington Fox said:

I actually thought Pogba looked impressive today, but that's not the point.  I think Ndidi is a real class act already.  I'll be interested to see how he gets along with Mendy whilst Drinky takes a rest.

The only thing I thought Pogba excelled at was moaning.

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

There was another incident where he received the ball then played it forwards to king so that he could turn around and break only for king to ping it straight back at him whilst he had opposing players surrounding him! Luckily he managed to get it out of his feet and play it outwide but as soon as he did he told king exactly what he thought. 

He was the only player on that pitch today that had fight and any urgency about them! If we had a team full of players like him then we would be fine. 

Archived