Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Think he's looked pretty shoddy on the ball compared to how he looked last year. I think we've coached out of him the desire to take the ball from the defence and try and do something.

I remember him telling Wes and Huth to calm down last year and was really impressed that we had a midfielder that wanted the ball. This season he doesn't seem to be doing that. Can only put it down to our brain dead tactics and desire to not play football.

Unfortunately Ndidi is suffering a bit of the same fate as Drinky did in losing Kante.

He is carrying the midfield as he doesn't at the moment have any quality besides him.

King will always be a fill in player....they won't build a CM relationship as he isn't a guaranteed starter.

Ndidi and Whoever (Iborra,Silva or maybe the 3 together) will need time to develop a relationship on the field....who stays/sits back...who goes forward etc.

When our better CM pairing is available it won't happen overnight, and I'm sure it will seem a bit disjointed at first, we will need to be patient.

Ndidi is taking the brunt of it, but he is doing a lot of work on his own and in effect trying too hard.

We seen Drinkys game suffer as he was tracking back, and trying to start attacks etc...it was all too much for 1 player.

Albrighton and Mahrez have been passengers for a few games now and Ndidi has been the only one trying to make a difference.

His mistakes are only highlighted because the rest have been so poor/lacklustre.

Once the whole midfield is settled I feel we will see more of the Ndidi of last season scoring goals and having a more attacking input within our side.

10 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

Unfortunately Ndidi is suffering a bit of the same fate as Drinky did in losing Kante.

He is carrying the midfield as he doesn't at the moment have any quality besides him.

King will always be a fill in player....they won't build a CM relationship as he isn't a guaranteed starter.

Ndidi and Whoever (Iborra,Silva or maybe the 3 together) will need time to develop a relationship on the field....who stays/sits back...who goes forward etc.

When our better CM pairing is available it won't happen overnight, and I'm sure it will seem a bit disjointed at first, we will need to be patient.

Ndidi is taking the brunt of it, but he is doing a lot of work on his own and in effect trying too hard.

We seen Drinkys game suffer as he was tracking back, and trying to start attacks etc...it was all too much for 1 player.

Albrighton and Mahrez have been passengers for a few games now and Ndidi has been the only one trying to make a difference.

His mistakes are only highlighted because the rest have been so poor/lacklustre.

Once the whole midfield is settled I feel we will see more of the Ndidi of last season scoring goals and having a more attacking input within our side.

A fair assessment of what's happening ;)

On 24/09/2017 at 22:53, MarshallForEngland said:

Shows how much some folk on here have it in for Andy King when Ndidi not tracking still turns out to be King's fault. Always amazes me how some players can be viewed so uncharitably by certain people while other players apparently can do no wrong.

Said it myself, imagine the reaction if King had done what Ndidi did there, and Ndidi had done what King did for our penalty. I'm saying this as someone who'd start Ndidi and have King probably on the bench if James is injured. The hate for King is cringeworthy.

• 1 month later...

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_tackle

46 tackles, leading player in the league for them.

I think he took a step back this season, but recently has started to get back to his best. He was very good against Stoke and good against Everton. I think it took a bit of time for him and Iborra to work each other's game out, but now that central pairing looks strong. I really am intrigued for January when Silva comes in because in current form it will be hard to shift either out of the team. Might play all three with a forward three of Gray / Mahrez / Vardy.

Archived