Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Play Drinky and Ndidi. They need time to gel.

Derby and Swansea 180 more mins.

It's the defence which needs a make over, (apologies for repeating and stating the obvious), but you can't just swap out all four. Drop Huth and Fuchs (these two are so out of form, and even look unfit!) for Wague and Chillwell.

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It's the defence which needs a make over, (apologies for repeating and stating the obvious), but you can't just swap out all four. Drop Huth and Fuchs (these two are so out of form, and even look unfit!) for Wague and Chillwell.

It is the defence but at the same time we don't even look like scoring, we need to look at both sides of our game and atm Drinky is wasteful and needs to be dropped

1 minute ago, lcfcben76 said:

It is the defence but at the same time we don't even look like scoring, we need to look at both sides of our game and atm Drinky is wasteful and needs to be dropped

He's in that luxury position where he knows we have no-one else capable of doing a job in there . Though he's not looking that capable himself I must admit. Get the lad back from Ipswich !!

1 minute ago, woznotwos said:

He's in that luxury position where he knows we have no-one else capable of doing a job in there . Though he's not looking that capable himself I must admit. Get the lad back from Ipswich !!

I would play Mendy and N'didi personally and if it would be possibly to get Tom Lawrence back I would and play him above behind the striker, as much as I wouldn't want to disrupt him banging in the goals and enjoying his football I think if it's an option we must. He could be the answer in that position that shinji looks unable to fill at the moment. If not I would probably play king behind the striker, yes he passes sideways but he would give extra solidity and can score a goal and imo has a better shot than Okazaki 

Ndidi looks head and shoulders above the other outfield players at this time. He's certainly hit the ground running not just defensively but also in his forward passing and attacking play. If the others can just lift themselves up to his level we'll be fine.

Amazing how different people see things, one guy near me thinks he's amazing, another thinks he's Junior Lewis. 

Personally I'm a bit meh, I haven't seen anything that would make me me pick him over Amartey. 

Just now, MattP said:

Amazing how different people see things, one guy near me thinks he's amazing, another thinks he's Junior Lewis. 

Personally I'm a bit meh, I haven't seen anything that would make me me pick him over Amartey. 

I would, purely on the basis of him actually trying to take things by the scruff of the neck. Dan seems a bit too nice, it's only when he goes on a mad one and really goes for it does he stand out. Skill wise I don't think there is much between them... at the minute i'd have any of them above DD.

Amartey, still out most efficient attacking CM.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 16.08.17.png

N'Didi wanted to make certain passes yesterday but gestured that there were no runners into the spaces, later he gestured at a flat footed Mahrez and then decided to make a run through that space himself and it was a nice little run that carried a threat of us scoring.

Drinkwater looked low on confidence and faded from the game whilst King was just being a steady Eddie when he came on.

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not a chance you would have taken wilshere in the summer. 

I'd have ripped your arm off for Wilshere. He's a superb footballer who has had a poor time with injuries.

Still can't get my head around the fact he went to Bournemouth.

38 minutes ago, MattP said:

What? 

Deary me Matt - if you honestly believe that Amartey is better than Ndidi .....I'm totally flabbergasted anyone would say that.

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I would, purely on the basis of him actually trying to take things by the scruff of the neck. Dan seems a bit too nice, it's only when he goes on a mad one and really goes for it does he stand out. Skill wise I don't think there is much between them... at the minute i'd have any of them above DD.

Those stats make for absolutely abysmal reading.

Drinkwater only managed to make a successful pass once every 2 minutes? Mendy and Ndidi one every 4 minutes?

Can we please have a side that likes to keep the ball? It's painful.

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't think thats a valid comparison really. I thought Drinky was playing pretty well before the injury he got, but since then has looked unconvincing so that would slew the results favourably for him. And Ndidi has only had 4 games.

If you were to look at the previous 10 games would that capture enough minutes for Amartey & Mendy to be more meaningful maybe?

The only starter yesterday who had the guts to do something himself with the ball and not just give it away and hide. Gray was the only other one doing a similar thing.

If we go down I hope we can keep him.

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Opinions. Morgan goes first he's no captain and looks lost. Huth is far from the weak link.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Opinions. Morgan goes first he's no captain and looks lost. Huth is far from the weak link.

Agree re the captaincy.

This could be solved by not playing Morgan against Derby. Give the match captains armband to Schmeichel. Hopefully we'll get a result, and we can keep Schmeichel as captain for the remainder, and justify it without upsetting Morgan too much.

In fact, thinking about it; It may be a burden which Morgan could do without. His performance may go up a notch with the weight off his shoulders. Let him concentrate on defending again.

Archived