Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Showed real quality again last night, cracking finish with his weaker foot. Interesting that you could see Ranieri tell king to be the deepest midfielder when he bought Ndidi on, obviously keen to see Ndidi take people on and get forward more than we first thought he would. 

1 hour ago, Jimmmmm said:

Yeah you can say Courtois developed fastest at Atletico. And Koulibaly at Napoli also developed fast to world class altough he still has to prove it at a world class team. Carrasco of course grew very fast at Monaco and now atletico.

I guess you can put Ndidi next to Courtois. In Genk we already had the feeling that he doesnt need much to adapt to a higher league. And if you can controll many midfields on your own ... . If I were leicester i would try to buy Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio. Great future ahead and an ideal nr 8.

Milinkovic is probably our most underrated ex-player, at least in Belgium. Teams like Roma and Juve are after his services, but I think with his body and technique he would do marvelous in the prem. Really a player to keep an eye on. A midfield Ndidi-Milinkovic would destroy just about anything, save Barca/Real/Bayern.. perhaps.

When was the last time a central midfielder scored from outside of the box? I remember Drinkwater's against Stoke, but other than that, I can't remember one since one of Kingy's?!

Edit: It was Man City. Knew there was one this year. My point is that it was so refreshing to see him pick the ball up and move forward & have the confidence to have a go!

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

When was the last time a central midfielder scored from outside of the box? I remember Drinkwater's against Stoke, but other than that, I can't remember one since one of Kingy's?!

Edit: It was Man City. Knew there was one this year. My point is that it was so refreshing to see him pick the ball up and move forward & have the confidence to have a go!

Before that it was probably Drinkwater v Chelsea

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Who of the ex Genk players developed the quickest? Courtois?

As you say he will leave eventually, and when we signed him Ranieri hinted that he has a pretty large release clause, but like Kante we expect it to be met one day.

Debruyne developed rapidly also. You could tell he was gonna be a star player from the start.

Ndidi took a little longer.

We bought him initially as central defender and moved him to deffensive middfield.

Picked things up quite easily and it was obvious after 6 months he was gonna be gone soon.

You picked him up at a relatively good price, we were hoping some kind of bidding war would start.

I think he had his mind set on Leicester anyway and knows that this is the best club for him at this point in his career

4 hours ago, Vocey said:

Showed real quality again last night, cracking finish with his weaker foot. Interesting that you could see Ranieri tell king to be the deepest midfielder when he bought Ndidi on, obviously keen to see Ndidi take people on and get forward more than we first thought he would. 

Ndidi said in his post game interview he was actually told to just sit in front of the defense but he saw space so had to use it.

1 hour ago, Wdywd said:

Wonder how long it took him to regret that particular decision.

Pretty much a nailed on starter now so don't think he will regret it unless we go down. I don't see us getting relegated now we have Ndidi, and Mahrez Slim and Amartey back from AFCON. Chilwell coming through and Gray starting to look quality. 

Our squad is better than last year we just need confidence and as Ranieri says to fight!

Drinky Vardy and Mahrez can't keep at the level they have been at they are better than they have been playing we all know that. We just need to get some momentum going and the tide will turn.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

Pretty much a nailed on starter now so don't think he will regret it unless we go down. I don't see us getting relegated now we have Ndidi, and Mahrez Slim and Amartey back from AFCON. Chilwell coming through and Gray starting to look quality. 

Our squad is better than last year we just need confidence and as Ranieri says to fight!

Drinky Vardy and Mahrez can't keep at the level they have been at they are better than they have been playing we all know that. We just need to get some momentum going and the tide will turn.

Amazing what confidence can do for a team and players.

A Demmy Gray with confidence is a player defenders should fear!! The kids always getting better.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Amazing what confidence can do for a team and players.

A Demmy Gray with confidence is a player defenders should fear!! The kids always getting better.

Exactly look at last year. If we conceded you just knew we would score a quick goal. If we were leading in the last 10mins it didn't look like we would concede. And if we were level in last 10 mins then you would expect us to score most of the time.

This season let in a goal then another heads drop and game over.

If Demmy can get his end product sorted he will go to the very top. He reminds me in the way he runs of a young Ronaldo. Just hope that he reaches the level his raw talent gives him the chance to become. If his attitude is right and he works hard he will be some player.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Yeah, I was probably a little unclear, Mendy is fine and steady in what he does but Ndidi looks the better player.

Mendy is good at what he did for his previous club, just acting as the defensive screen and keeping the ball ticking over.  He's never been a tackler or big on assists, he tends to just force players a certain direction away from danger areas because of his presence. I've think he's been decent at what he was presumably signed to do. He'll never be a Kante or an N'didi. I think he'd thrive at the base of a midfield three, but I doubt we'll ever see it.

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Mendy is good at what he did for his previous club, just acting as the defensive screen and keeping the ball ticking over.  He's never been a tackler or big on assists, he tends to just force players a certain direction away from danger areas because of his presence. I've think he's been decent at what he was presumably signed to do. He'll never be a Kante or an N'didi. I think he'd thrive at the base of a midfield three, but I doubt we'll ever see it.

He quietly goes about his business, which is fine when our more creative players are playing well but when we're performing badly and start analysing who is or isn't doing what in the side then (like Amartey) he gets picked on for not offering much attacking wise, which is a little unfair as like you mention he's decent at what he was signed to do.

On 09/02/2017 at 12:12, daddylonglegs said:

Totally agree

Obviously one of the better buys.

Will probably be linked with bigger clubs in the summer.

Reckon without him other midfielders wouldn't cope in managing pressure in middle of the pitch.

Would prefer him and Mendy in middle, but they seem to be very similar however.

Agree about Ndidi but still don't see much in a creative sense about our three main midfielders. And it's still premature to judge either Mendy or Ndidi in Premiership company. Derby were no better than the Championship standard they represented and ended up physically shattered well before theend of both games.

One day someone will explain on here why we've never purchased a genuinely creative midfielder and more especially as King's been reduced to being a supportive no-risk shunter, rather than having licence to get forward to score or help around the attacking penalty area.        

I'll be seriously interested in today's outcome because we looked a far more balanced team against Derby with king's passing than we ever did in recent Premiership matches that featured the midfield "mains" of Drinkwater, Ndidi and Mendy I mentioned.

Interested because I don't think King will start (and may not play at all) so the passing will be down to the other three.  

I hope those three p[rove better than I've seen so far because,  without proper passing, I don't see us scoring more than once (at best) or doing any better than drawing 0-0 or 1-1.

Perhaps Ndidi will show more when given more freedom. He's already shown a willingness to shoot and with some promise so I retain the hope that he can pass constructively as well. Chilwell's a passer too so there is hope, but only if we get others to join in. Cos all the hoof ball to almost inevitably smaller team-mates is thoughtless and self-defeating.        

Archived