Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Will America Become More Racist with Trunp as President?

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Trump has the LGBTQAI community and countless snowflakes calling him homophobic when he hasn't said anything about them.

But he did appoint a fundie nut job who believes they should be tortured to make them straight again as his VP. Actions speaking louder and all that.

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

Seriously some people on here are equating Trumps words of  "making America great again" with torturing immigrants?

The word racist and racism has completely lost its meaning with a lot of people, especially the young. As a non white person who grew up on the Braunstone estate in the 70s and 80s, I was subjected to racism pretty much everyday of my life. Now I have a young son who, when he used to see something he didn't  like or agree with, called it racist or racism. A couple of months ago my son told me one of his teachers was a racist. Worried I asked him why he said this. Apparently he was talking and didn't stop when the teacher asked and so was told off. For him that constituted racism, being reprimanded by a white teacher for talking in class. I put him straight but there are a lot of kids for whom that doesn't happen and the words are bandied about to describe all manner of situations. This breeds resentment and fuels hatred. 

Yesterday on Newsnight they said that the standard of living for black families has deteriorated badly under the 8 Obama years. Apparently the average income for a white household now is 143K whereas for a black household it is just 11K, or 7.7% of their white counter parts. This is scandalous and may be one of the reasons race relations are at an all time low under Obama. Now Trump talks of bringing jobs back to America and getting people off welfare. That should be music to most peoples ears especially poor black families whose income has completely crashed. Millions of illegal immigrants may be sent home, opening more, all be it poorly paid jobs, but at least it would be better then welfare and food stamps. Trump is called a racist but it was Hilary who had to apologise for calling young black men "super predators". Unfortunately I think there is an agenda funded by George Soros and his ilk that wants to divide and conquer. If he's successful then all of America will suffer, black, brown and white.

That's an unbelievable statistic. 

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Indeed.

According to the U.S Census Bureau "The per capita income for the overall population in 2008 was $26,964; for non-Hispanic Whites, it was $31,313; for Blacks, it was $18,406; for Asians, it was $30,292; and for Hispanics, it was $15,674."

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

If people were racist before they'll still be racist, if they weren't they still won't be. The growing problem in the Western world is intolerance and over reaction. Let's be honest whoever the republican candidate was the reaction would have been similar, just look what happened after our election/brexit vote. Some people need to learn that in a democracy sometimes you don't get the result you want.

lol sorry what.

11 hours ago, theessexfox said:

11 hours ago, bovril said:

Indeed.

According to the U.S Census Bureau "The per capita income for the overall population in 2008 was $26,964; for non-Hispanic Whites, it was $31,313; for Blacks, it was $18,406; for Asians, it was $30,292; and for Hispanics, it was $15,674."

Black people only earning 7% of what white people earn in the USA is I think one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever seen in my life - it's just, I mean surely you'd check something like that before believing it. Just a quick google, it only takes five seconds. But I guess that's the level of wilful ignorance you get with the good old 'salt of the earth' average trump supporter. 

• 2 months later...

Racism is here to stay, and applies to people of every ethnic background, and not just whites, as some idiots seem to believe. Terrorism is also in the frame as being a party to racism, along with religious and political overtones. As the world population increases so does division, and one day it will spiral out of control and. I'm just glad that I wont be around to see it.

Class distinction certainly does exist, and why not, if it makes some people feel happy. I don't mind accepting that I am on the lower branches of that particular tree, knowing that others are on even lower branches.

On 1/21/2017 at 12:32, sm1 said:

Seriously some people on here are equating Trumps words of  "making America great again" with torturing immigrants?

The word racist and racism has completely lost its meaning with a lot of people, especially the young. As a non white person who grew up on the Braunstone estate in the 70s and 80s, I was subjected to racism pretty much everyday of my life. Now I have a young son who, when he used to see something he didn't  like or agree with, called it racist or racism. A couple of months ago my son told me one of his teachers was a racist. Worried I asked him why he said this. Apparently he was talking and didn't stop when the teacher asked and so was told off. For him that constituted racism, being reprimanded by a white teacher for talking in class. I put him straight but there are a lot of kids for whom that doesn't happen and the words are bandied about to describe all manner of situations. This breeds resentment and fuels hatred. 

Yesterday on Newsnight they said that the standard of living for black families has deteriorated badly under the 8 Obama years. Apparently the average income for a white household now is 143K whereas for a black household it is just 11K, or 7.7% of their white counter parts. This is scandalous and may be one of the reasons race relations are at an all time low under Obama. Now Trump talks of bringing jobs back to America and getting people off welfare. That should be music to most peoples ears especially poor black families whose income has completely crashed. Millions of illegal immigrants may be sent home, opening more, all be it poorly paid jobs, but at least it would be better then welfare and food stamps. Trump is called a racist but it was Hilary who had to apologise for calling young black men "super predators". Unfortunately I think there is an agenda funded by George Soros and his ilk that wants to divide and conquer. If he's successful then all of America will suffer, black, brown and white.

That's not right, that statistic is about wealth, ie assets owned.

Source

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.16.20 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.18.12 AM.jpg

America is already choc full of racist peeps who live alongside those that could care less for what peeps look like, Trump may make them more vocal but I seriously doubt he will suddenly create racist peeps by being in power unless he is cloning them :wes:

On 27/03/2017 at 14:26, Smudge said:

That's not right, that statistic is about wealth, ie assets owned.

Source

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.16.20 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.18.12 AM.jpg

Would that not reflect where people lived as much as anything else. There's a lot of difference between incomes in London compared to Sunderland but a lower income might still buy you more up north. My youngest earns perfectly respectably close to London but he's no chance of buying a house although plenty of black people on lower incomes seem to have one and even rent out to others. That's not negating the US stats just that I always wonder if any statistics tell the full story.  

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

Would that not reflect where people lived as much as anything else. There's a lot of difference between incomes in London compared to Sunderland but a lower income might still buy you more up north. My youngest earns perfectly respectably close to London but he's no chance of buying a house although plenty of black people on lower incomes seem to have one and even rent out to others. That's not negating the US stats just that I always wonder if any statistics tell the full story.  

Blacks have only got onto the property ladder in recent years. That's because they didn't earn enough and unlike whites they have had no generational ability to hand down wealth. Whites have massively benefited from the huge escalation in property prices whereas blacks started when the market was relatively high.

The recent selling of sub prime mortgages at a time when blacks were moving into property ownership hasn't helped.

Archived