Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Winsum

Derby at Home

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If you want that here you're going to have to displace a hell of a lot of militant sitters. It won't happen.

Fair play the sheep were loud and embarrassed us, but their songbook is dire.

I know it won't happen,but if it did it would certainly improve the atmosphere,

To derby's credit everyone in that stand seemed involved in the atmosphere,our kop is embarrassing 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They used to have away fans in that stand behind the goal, and the home fans were in the corner. The they swapped it around and had 5000 empty seats which they basically sold as standing. That would never happen here as we don't have larger areas of the ground that aren't used. 

Voll's right though, people just don't seem too bothered about standing at home. I always think back to Forest away when we took 8000 and stood up to a man, where do those people go at home games? 

I'm only around 10 rows in front of the standing section at the back of the kop, and I wouldn't be able to stand without being told to sit. I even remember people whinging in the last 10 minutes at home to Southampton last year. The state of some of our fans...

10 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Thing that annoys me is it seems so many people on here want to stand, everyone on here claim to be down for it yet when you get down to the ground we have about 5% of our fans actually standing 

If the person behind you wants to sit down then you've got no choice.

Just now, Papasmurf said:

If the person behind you wants to sit down then you've got no choice.

I know, would be better if we could just get a safe standing section in SK1like Celtic have if the premier league could permit it, would allow people who want to stand the chance to

38 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

I know, would be better if we could just get a safe standing section in SK1like Celtic have if the premier league could permit it, would allow people who want to stand the chance to

Still nothing to do with the premier league, they are all for it, just waiting for them to put enough pressure on parliament to change the law around it. As I understand it the latest we are waiting for is a supporters group to be held with Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, baker11 said:

If those that say they wan't to stand but currently don't, relocate to an area that does.

Yeah this. No use going on about everyone being sat down and the atmosphere being crap while you're sat in C2. Just move to one of the two areas known to stand, job done. 

19 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

Still nothing to do with the premier league, they are all for it, just waiting for them to put enough pressure on parliament to change the law around it. As I understand it the latest we are waiting for is a supporters group to be held with Liverpool.

What law?

57 minutes ago, red5 said:

What law?

46 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well rail seating doesn't count as "seated accommodation" for football. Everyone knows it's not illegal to stand at the football but the clubs are bound by law to provide everyone a seat, we just don't necessarily have to sit in it. 

This - all stadia designated under the Safety of Sports Ground Act 1975 should admit spectators to seated accommodation only. Clubs cannot legally provide non-seated accommodation, which includes safe standing rails.

2 hours ago, baker11 said:

If those that say they wan't to stand but currently don't, relocate to an area that does.

I would, but there's a group of us so it would be tricky. I'd imagine all standing groups are STH anyway, and probably the rows who sit immediately in front.

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not usually one to judge a support by the numbers they can attract but not selling out at home to a local rival when tickets are a tenner is shameful.

I think the general attitude is that we've got way bigger fish to fry at the moment. Sevilla tickets are on sale at obscene prices, plus the general crappyness of LCFC at the moment and to top it off it's on free to air TV. 

Archived