Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Skylanders Giants

Completed this with my 4 year old son tonight. Excellent family fun from start to finish. He thoroughly enjoyed every moment even if I had to do most of it for him. 

Thoroughly recommend if you want to introduce your children to gaming or involve them in some way. We played through Giants but apparently all of them are good. 

His co ordination has come on in leaps and bounds as a result. What a dad !

I actually quite enjoy the games. Simple, but fun - reminds me of the older days of gaming. Only problem is though is that it's expensive, and I don't think has great replay value.

Edit: And the biggest problem of all, not being able to skip a lot of speech/cut scenes!

10 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I actually quite enjoy the games. Simple, but fun - reminds me of the older days of gaming. Only problem is though is that it's expensive, and I don't think has great replay value.

Edit: And the biggest problem of all, not being able to skip a lot of speech/cut scenes!

As someone who's never played the game what's the differences between trap team, swap force, imaginators and superchargers. The amount of options out there are not good for my decision making :(

32 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

As someone who's never played the game what's the differences between trap team, swap force, imaginators and superchargers. The amount of options out there are not good for my decision making :(

Only really played Giants and Swapforce. Gameplay seems to be the same, they're just gimicky in slightly different ways (and the newer versions are more expensive). Also while you can play with older models on the newer ones (though not the other way round), they won't have all the newer features, and won't be able to unlock all the parts of the game.

Order of release is (I think)

Swap Force

Trap Team

Super Chargers

Imaginators

I'd say go for Swap Force. Will be the cheapest out of those (as it's the oldest), and all the models for it will work on the later versions. Plus if you don't like it, you won't have spent quite as much.

Good advice although swap force really is quite gimmicky in terms of interchangeable parts. We have a PS3 and PS4 but have stuck to the first two (spyros adventure and giants) for now. 

Problem now is having done so much of it, I want to platinum it but going through it all on nightmare difficulty on my own doesn't appeal !

• 4 months later...

Archived