Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Logged back in to see everyone still picking Drinkwater, Huth and Simpson.

My team:

Kasper

Amartey

Morgan

Benny

Chilwell

Mahrez

Ndidi

King

Gray

Vardy

Slimani

King is playing on current form the same level as DD with one major difference - he gets into the box! Even Amartey got into the box from RB the other night. I really can't handle seeing Simpson coming forward all flat footed, getting within 50 yards of goal and absolutely sh!tting his pants.

One thing that was really notable for me was the difference of not having Shinji repeatedly losing the ball/falling over in the opposition half. It really relieves pressure if it can stick up there for just a little bit. The guy's ability to slip over when nobody is around him is quite something!

If we play Morgan/Huth partnership i fear for the worst. That central defense partnership is dead in my opinion. They have just lost the ability to simple track and mark these days. Terrible. 

Benny has to come in for one of them. people say bla bla bla it was only derby.. you can only do whats infront of you. 

IF it was Amartey who played against Derby in central defense i would of said the same for him. But he hasnt played there for us has he?

10 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If we play Morgan/Huth partnership i fear for the worst. That central defense partnership is dead in my opinion. They have just lost the ability to simple track and mark these days. Terrible.

id still play them in the CL, I think that will suit their game better as we'll most likely be playing with 11 men behind the ball.

in the pl teams will sit deep, inviting morgan/huth forwards and that is not their game. two of wague/benalouane/amartey should start at CB against Swansea.

People are really calling for Amartey to play RB over Simpson?

Even overlooking the fact he has just played 120 minutes after just returning from a tournament, he wasn't exactly a shining light against Derby mid week. Amartey done a reasonable job and is reasonable cover given our options, or lack there of. But first choice RB in a crucial league game? No chance.

He was mugged on more than just one occasion by Anya who isn't a first team regular for a championship team, he's okay, nothing more there, and he's nothing on Simpson, who may not be the best attacking RB, but positionally significantly better.

9 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

, and he's nothing on Simpson, who may not be the best attacking RB, but positionally significantly better.

Wow just wow. Do you actually mean that? the man literally can not pass the ball to a team mate? Just goes for the diagonal out of play option pretty much every time. 

41 minutes ago, Wilson_6 said:

Wow just wow. Do you actually mean that? the man literally can not pass the ball to a team mate? Just goes for the diagonal out of play option pretty much every time. 

As true as that may be he's still our best defender. Going up against Gylfi we need our best defender, not a make shift CB/CM playing at RB. 

With all due respect to Amartey, he's not a RB.

57 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

People are really calling for Amartey to play RB over Simpson?

Even overlooking the fact he has just played 120 minutes after just returning from a tournament, he wasn't exactly a shining light against Derby mid week. Amartey done a reasonable job and is reasonable cover given our options, or lack there of. But first choice RB in a crucial league game? No chance.

He was mugged on more than just one occasion by Anya who isn't a first team regular for a championship team, he's okay, nothing more there, and he's nothing on Simpson, who may not be the best attacking RB, but positionally significantly better.

Dan = Danny Simpson. lol

Guest CityFan 06

Swansea have certainly picked up since the appointment of Clement, as have Hull with Silva which makes it all the more worrying for us. This is a crucial game.

My team for Sunday, 4-2-3-1. Benalouane, Chilwell, King, Kapustka & Gray all keeping their place. Gray & Kapustka can interchange positions if need be, as both are capable of playing CAM or out wide. Slimani as a lone centre forward which is the position he played for Sporting Lisbon, and I believe the one time we've played him in that position this season, he scored against West Ham (H). Only thing I was unsure about was whether to play Mahrez or Albrighton at RM. I was impressed by Kapustka vs Derby, thought he looked very tidy in possession. I feel Kapustka should be featuring much more. He's got talent, and I think he has the potential to be very good in the CAM role, or alternatively out wide. 

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Benalouane Chilwell

Ndidi King
Mahrez Kapustka Gray
Slimani

22 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Swansea have certainly picked up since the appointment of Clement, as have Hull with Silva which makes it all the more worrying for us. This is a crucial game.

My team for Sunday, 4-2-3-1. Benalouane, Chilwell, King, Kapustka & Gray all keeping their place. Gray & Kapustka can interchange positions if need be, as both are capable of playing CAM or out wide. Slimani as a lone centre forward which is the position he played for Sporting Lisbon, and I believe the one time we've played him in that position this season, he scored against West Ham (H). Only thing I was unsure about was whether to play Mahrez or Albrighton at RM. I was impressed by Kapustka vs Derby, thought he looked very tidy in possession. I feel Kapustka should be featuring much more. He's got talent, and I think he has the potential to be very good in the CAM role, or alternatively out wide. 

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Benalouane Chilwell

Ndidi King
Mahrez Kapustka Gray
Slimani

I like that, although can't believe you're debating with yourself about Albrighton or Mahrez, the latter all day long.  Like Kapustka he showed great composure when in possession of the ball and his awareness and cute passing help turn the game on Wednesday in the final 3rd of the pitch.

I wouldn't be averse to putting Amartey in alongside N'didi and have him as the more defensive of the two.  In the last 2 matches Ndidi has shown a willingness to drive forward with the ball and be involved further up the pitch and that should be encouraged despite CR telling him to stay back.

I'd certainly consider picking Kapustka ahead of Albrighton who is all bluster and often runs into blind alleys with his head down.

A lot of people on here thinking that we're not going to be playing Fuchs, Morgan and Vardy are setting themselves up for disappointment.

They're 3 of our most senior players who were all given the night off on Wednesday. They're 100% certs to play considering their replacements played 90 minutes at least (Wasyl and Chilwell played 120).

The team will be something like this;

Kasper

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Drinkwater Gray/Albrighton

Vardy Slimani

That team is more than good enough to get the 3 points at Swansea. They just need a spark of confidence or that bit of extra effort to do it for the manager.

I personally would play that back 4 with this in front;

Amartey Ndidi

Drinkwater

Mahrez ------------- Gray

Slimani

Let Amartey and Ndidi do the donkey work, to let Drinkwater do as we know Drinkwater can and that is to get on the ball and dictate the speed of the game.

Mahrez nor Gray will need to do any defending because Amartey can cover right back and Ndidi the left. Both ensuring that Gylfi Sigudsson gets as little time on the ball as possible.

Slimani to be a right royal **** to the Swansea defence. Elbows, pushing, shoving.... Nothing over the top but he needs to be up for it. Vardy to come on in the second half with fresh legs when the game inevitably gets stretched.

I'm convinced that we can and will win on Sunday provided that Claudio has the team on his side.

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

A lot of people on here thinking that we're not going to be playing Fuchs, Morgan and Vardy are setting themselves up for disappointment.

They're 3 of our most senior players who were all given the night off on Wednesday. They're 100% certs to play considering their replacements played 90 minutes at least (Wasyl and Chilwell played 120).

Kasper

Vardy Slimani

That team is more than good enough to get the 3 points at Swansea. They just need a spark of confidence or that bit of extra effort to do it for the manager.

Amartey Ndidi

Drinkwater

Slimani

Let Amartey and Ndidi do the donkey work, to let Drinkwater do as we know Drinkwater can and that is to get on the ball and dictate the speed of the game.

Mahrez nor Gray will need to do any defending because Amartey can cover right back and Ndidi the left. Both ensuring that Gylfi Sigudsson gets as little time on the ball as possible.

Slimani to be a right royal **** to the Swansea defence. Elbows, pushing, shoving.... Nothing over the top but he needs to be up for it. Vardy to come on in the second half with fresh legs when the game inevitably gets stretched.

I'm convinced that we can and will win on Sunday provided that Claudio has the team on his side.

I like that but I would sit DD alongside Amartey and have Ndidi further up. He looks so classy given the space against Derby. Hes a young Yaya, so much potential. 

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Benny has to come in for one of them. people say bla bla bla it was only derby.. you can only do whats infront of you. 

IF it was Amartey who played against Derby in central defense i would of said the same for him. But he hasnt played there for us has he?

Totally agree. If Dobbin and Trigger are paired together for this one, or again this season for that matter, then as they say in my adopted Country - 'it is goodnight Vienna'.  If CR does this, he can forget any statue. This would be the choice of a mad man.  

2 hours ago, Eskay said:

Logged back in to see everyone still picking Drinkwater, Huth and Simpson.

My team:

Kasper

Amartey

Morgan

Benny

Chilwell

Mahrez

Ndidi

King

Gray

Vardy

Slimani

King is playing on current form the same level as DD with one major difference - he gets into the box! Even Amartey got into the box from RB the other night. I really can't handle seeing Simpson coming forward all flat footed, getting within 50 yards of goal and absolutely sh!tting his pants.

One thing that was really notable for me was the difference of not having Shinji repeatedly losing the ball/falling over in the opposition half. It really relieves pressure if it can stick up there for just a little bit. The guy's ability to slip over when nobody is around him is quite something!

I'd go with exactly the same team! 

Although I think Simpson is a good defender going forward he's offering nothing! 

If Amartey can overlap and cause problems then it stops opposing teams doubling up on Mahrez. 

The same reason why we should play Gray and Mahrez in the same team. Having two players capable of producing moments of magic means teams can't always double up on both of them. 

I really hope two or three of the squad players are given a chance in this game.

If the same/near identical 11 starts which failed 3-0 to united, 1-0 to Burnley and 3-0 to Southampton it will be disappointing.

I'd play Chilwell and Benny at the back and have Vardy and Drinkwater both on the bench.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

As true as that may be he's still our best defender. Going up against Gylfi we need our best defender, not a make shift CB/CM playing at RB. 

With all due respect to Amartey, he's not a RB.

Agreed, you can't judge Simpson performances against top Premiership sides against a one off Armarty performance against a Championship B side. I like Armarty a lot but not at RB, Simpson is far superior.  I remember Armarty's debut at RB when he first arrived, he was a liability and hadn't a clue with Wes constantly having to cover for him. Now he's obviously come on a lot for that but is still at best adequate cover. Even at centre half there's a big difference in the Premiership to the Afcon and the poor teams playing in that, he's not strong enough for me though eventually he may prove to be a good one.

Before he left he'd started to put in some decent though nieve at times performances which should be expected as he's just a kid thrown in at a very deep end. Personally I'd play him in a three man midfield with Ndidi and Mendy or Drinkwater and Ndidi.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Vardy Slimani

Amartey Ndidi

Drinkwater

Slimani

Yeah I like this. It would pair what appear to be our toughest (in terms of tackling & disruption) midfielders and to an extent mitigate the defensive weakness of playing both Mahrez & Gray by having Drinky in the midfield area too. At the same time he could be better positioned and get a bit more freedom to be creative when we're actually in possession of the ball.

I'm not sure who i would pick. The main point I took from the Derby game was that, with the player we had on the pitch, their first thought was not to go long! They looked for the simple short pass to get the team composed and in a good position and only if no other option would they hoof it. Thats what I want to see. If we have the ball we can't get hurt and lumping it long normally means it coming straight back at us.

I'd like to see some of the players that played on wednesday night given a start. Carry on and gain some confidence from a good win and a decent performance. I'd play Chilwell and Gray, neither looked to be struggling with fitness in the later stages of extra time. I think Beny could deserve a start too, but it may be a big ask after so little competitive action to start another 90 so soon. I thought Kapustka was neat and tidy on the ball and would like him to get more game time. But what does CR think? I'm fairly sure it'll be the regular back 4, the same group that can't pass a ball, I think Gray might start, but it really doesn't matter who plays in midfield if the defenders only hoof it away, so I imagine the struggle will continue. If i'm more or less correct with this starting 11, and with the knowledge that the owners have backed CR then i think we're doomed. 

Obviously hoping for egg on face :unsure:

Archived