Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Stat Time 

• Since beating Leicester in their first Premier League meeting in October 2014, the Swans have lost each of their last four, scoring once and conceding 11.
  • However, the Foxes’ 3-0 victory at Liberty Stadium last season ended a run of three consecutive league defeats there, two of which were in the Championship.
  • None of the last 12 meetings in all competitions between these sides has ended as a draw, with Leicester winning nine and Swansea three.
  • Riyad Mahrez scored a hat-trick in this exact fixture last season, the first scored by a Leicester player in an away Premier League game.
  • Leicester are the only Premier League side yet to score a goal in 2017 and have gone five games without one. The last top-flight side to fail to score in their opening six games of a calendar year were Stoke City in 1985.
  • Swansea have already conceded 54 Premier League goals this season – the joint-most they have ever done in a Premier League season (also 54 in 2013-14).
  • The Foxes remain without an away win in the Premier League since a 2-0 victory at Sunderland last April – they are on a run of 14 games without a win (D5 L9). Only once before in the Premier League have they had a longer winless away run, going 16 games without a win between December 2001 and October 2003.
  • Last season, Jamie Vardy (10) and Riyad Mahrez (12) scored a combined 22 goals away from home in the Premier League – this season they have scored three (Vardy on one, Mahrez with two).
  • Seven of Gylfi Sigurdsson’s last 11 home Premier League goals for Swansea City have been scored from set pieces (four from free-kicks, three penalties).
  • Sigurdsson has scored in his last three Premier League games – the only player to score in four consecutive PL matches for Swansea is Danny Graham in October 2011.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Kaputska looked tidy,  but I agree with Babylon...he resembles Kramaric, in terms of being too physically lightweight. Yet some on here last night, said Kaputska was 'awesome'. He wasn't. He really wasn't.

No doubt for me, the stand out performers last night were Gray and King. King ran the show in the second half, scored one, could have scored more. In fact, he and Gray looked like the only players capable of scoring. Musa looks overpriced at 16/17 mill and Slim looks a waste of money. I cannot believe that people were saying they'd turn down 40 mill from China if the bid came.

Ndidi came in and looked class. But that's no surprise. He is.

Agree with a lot of this post.

On kapustka, just because a player is weaker than others doesn't make them a bad player though, it's that kind of dated backwards thinking that means England produce plenty of fast runners and strong players but most of them are shit scared of taking the ball in tight spots and doing something positive with it

On Slimani, I refuse to judge any foreign player too harshly in their first 12 months as some settle in fine, some don't. Unless they're blatently not very good at football it's naive and premature to write anyone off within a few months. That being said, if we could flip a player for a £15 million profit then I agree that wouldn't bother me too much.

Ndidi has taken to the league with ease and already looks like another midfielder we'll lose quickly to a top European team. Oozes confidence and class and is built like a tank.

I also liked the look of Benalouane but he is also left sided like Huth so I'd take one of the two. We also have to remember that Swansea isn't going to be the same as Derby reserves! Amarty got plaudits at centre half at ACON which is again poor and nothing like the pace skill or power of the Premiership. I'm not suggesting that we don't make changes, just not too many at once. Simpson for me has to play RB as whilst Amarty did well, I don't see him as mobile enough in that position. 

I do though favour a 3 in a stronger midfield to protect the backline either Amarty Mendy Ndidi or Drinkwater for Mendy or Amarty.

8 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

We have Sevilla on the 22nd. Next Wednesday is the 15th. He should have both eyes firmly on Swansea.

He should have anyway, it's a very very sad state of affairs but either our best players are gonna have to commit to playing two games a week and maintaining the level of their "performances" (lol) or we are going to have prioritize the PL until we are significantly clearer of trouble than we are now. Shame as we will probably never play CL football in my life time again and we've got a golden chance of a FA cup quarter final but remaining in this league has to be top of the priority list.

I'd play Benny on Sunday, see if he looks as good as he did last night. Which one of the two totally at sea CB's you pair him up with I am not bothered (could possibly even play Amartey there) but he looked much more assured then either of those two have for weeks. 

Schmeichel

Amartey  Morgan  Benalouane  Chilwell

Ndidi       Drinkwater

Albrighton           Mahrez              Gray

Slimani

Subs:

Zieler

Fuchs

Mendy

King

Kapustka

Okazaki

Vardy

10 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi       Drinkwater

Slimani

Subs:

Zieler

Fuchs

Mendy

King

Kapustka

Okazaki

Vardy

Exactly this really. Let's hope Drinkwater get's his sh1t together.

In reality it'll be our title winning 10 + plus Ndidi.

24 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi       Drinkwater

Slimani

Subs:

Zieler

Fuchs

Mendy

King

Kapustka

Okazaki

Vardy

I like this, but I would put Mahrez on the wing and Okazaki in the hole. 

Schmeichel

Ndidi       Drinkwater

Mahrez             Okazaki              Gray

Slimani

25 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi       Drinkwater

Slimani

Subs:

Zieler

Fuchs

Mendy

King

Kapustka

Okazaki

Vardy

I can't believe anyone has Morgan in their starting line up. The guy is so out of his depth.

I can't believe anyone has Morgan in their starting line up. The guy is so out of his depth.

at last someone who agrees with me. everyone else just says you cant drop him cuz he was immense last year or you cant drop him cuz hes captain

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What I want to see:

-------------------Kasper--------------------

Amartey----Wes------Benny----Chilwell

Albrighton---Drinkwater--N'didi---Gray

--------------------Mahrez-----------------

-------------------Slimani-------------------

What we WILL see:

------------------Kasper---------------------

Simpson-----Wes------Huth-----Fuchs

Mahrez---Drinkwater--N'didi---Albrighton

---------------Slimani-----Vardy-------------

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

21 minutes ago, char123 said:

at last someone who agrees with me. everyone else just says you cant drop him cuz he was immense last year or you cant drop him cuz hes captain

I would not even have Wes and Vardy on the bench let alone start atm.

Given how poor and short of confidence our defence is i'd probably go for 3 in midfield.

Simpson  Morgan  Benny  Chilwell

Amartey  King  Ndidi

Mahrez          Slimani             Grey

25 minutes ago, char123 said:

As bad as Morgan has been, I think Huth has been equally as bad, and if anything is slower and declining faster. 

Realistically, Claudio isn't going to drop either, but on the slim chance he drops one, I lean towards keeping Wes in there. I just think he is slightly more able to deal with pacey attackers over Huth and more athletic and able to throw himself at shots. Huth also looked absolutely knackered against Utd, and I would put Wes ahead of him in terms of stamina and fitness. 

They are very similar though and have the same strengths and limitations, with their inability to pass it out from the back being the most frustrating one of late. 

Being Captain and his form of last season doesn't come into it for me. It's still pretty much a toss up, but Wes has the edge due to being SLIGHTLY faster and having more agility and stamina. 

Huth especially, really seems to have aged rapidly this season and has the turning circle of a bus

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Although Musa was pretty crap against Derby, at least he was involved which is more than anyone can say about Vardy's last 5-6 matches. I would definately drop Vardy but would go with Slim over Musa.

I thought he worked his socks off. There was one occasion where he lost the ball near their box and then chased it all the way to our final 3rd. He is rapid.

Still not seeing a whole lot of quality from him, but I thought his movement was pretty good, and with players like Vardy and Musa, they have to be given the full width of the pitch to roam, so they can find channels and space to run into and use their pace. That's why neither work partcularly well when played in a fixed position out wide or in a front two. 

I definitely saw more value to him being a striker yesterday and certainly more than that of a winger. If he can start showing some better quality when in possession, then I think we could have a decent player on our hands. Still only 24 and very raw, but not writing him off yet. 

3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

If Gray, Ndidi and Chilwell don't start this game then there's something wrong.

Ndidi is a certainty. Gray is a 75% chance but i'll be surprised if Chilwell starts to be honest.

I doubt we'll win this, but I'd be happy with a draw and/or an improved performance, considering recent form.

I want to see Chilwell and Benny in defence, although they might not be fit enough to start. The regular 4 need breaking up asap.

Ndidi and Gray (again, might not be fit enough to start) have to be in the team. I'd like to see some of the biggest underperformers dropped to the bench. Maybe they'll buck their ideas up if they see that they're not a shoo-in for the first team anymore.

Games are starting to run out now. We've got to get something soon. Just some goals or a clean sheet would be very helpful.

Archived