Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Swansea City ( a ) next Sunday

Merson thinks it's done and dusted in his Swansea prediction to beat us 2-1.

"I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again, Leicester are going to get relegated. The biggest story in football history is going to turn into the biggest embarrassment in football history. If they go down, shockwaves will go around the world, it is unbelievable. But this is where they are, this is Leicester."

Let's hope he chokes on his words.

So many formations, so many differing players, the only fairly one common denominator is no place for Vardy. Whilst I agree with this, who'd have ever thought this last year. 

It also shows what a difficult task Ranieri has because he clearly can't pick all of these teams and if he wins  he's done a good job (particularly if it's your team selection ) but if he loses he's crap. What if he picks your team and still loses?

There will of course with some of them that played the whole or most of 120 minutes the issue of whether they are up to another 90 so soon, particularly if you were one of those players like Benny who hasn't played that much football for a long long time or, like Armarty who may have had a busy Afcon. Only those players and Ranieri will know that. Gray also took a knock and we don't always get to know about those considerations either.

For me with the exception of Zeiler, Musa ,  Kaputska, King and Weslowski, if fit and able they're all in with a shout. That doesn't necessarily mean that those I've left out played poorly on Wednesday just that there are better options. I would like the majority bench Vardy.

I just don't envy Ranieri's position in this one, not easy.

10 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

"I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again, Leicester are going to get relegated. The biggest story in football history is going to turn into the biggest embarrassment in football history. If they go down, shockwaves will go around the world, it is unbelievable. But this is where they are, this is Leicester."

He has a pop at Leicester every chance he gets. He was rolling out the negative comments a few games in to this season. Shockwaves will go round the world? Get a grip man. You can't call it a freak season then then be surprised when we go back to the level we usually operate at. He needs to look at his own club. I'd say arsenal are currently much more of an embarrassment than Leicester City.

7 minutes ago, Joefox said:

He has a pop at Leicester every chance he gets. He was rolling out the negative comments a few games in to this season. Shockwaves will go round the world? Get a grip man. You can't call it a freak season then then be surprised when we go back to the level we usually operate at. He needs to look at his own club. I'd say arsenal are currently much more of an embarrassment than Leicester City.

Ah.. They're not! 

Whilst its a game we need to win, we also need to make sure we at least come away with a point. So many variations of a team but I think the actual team will probably be no different. Whilst Benny/Was were ok in midweek I'm not sure they are the answer, just got to hope a game out of the action for Huth and Morgan was good for them.

I'd like to see:

Kasper

Amartey

Huth

Morgan

Chilwell

Ndidi

Mendy

King

Mahrez

Slimani

Gray

But I think he will go:

Kasper

Amartey

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Gray

Slimani

Vardy

10 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Merson's a cvnt

Why do people need to attack pundits just because they predicted us to lose.

He's right anyway. 0 away wins in the league all season, playing very poor but you're telling me we're going to Swansea and winning?

Everybody has an opinion - right or wrong - and yeah Merson is a poor pundit but don't attack him.

27 minutes ago, Joefox said:

They really aren't though are they. We're current champions and are now in a relegation battle. At least Arsenal are consistent and always finish around the top 4.

Think we will all agree Sigurddson is there main threat, will probably start on the left and cut in, so I'd have Amartey at right back with Ndidi covering the space infront of the back 4 to cut off his infield runs. Also means I'd start albrighton as there left back will bomb forward. Mahrez to exploit the space. Oh and Gray to terrorise Naughton all day. Come on city!

I'd say not winning the league for so long with the recourses at their disposal and not being able to mount a serious title challenge against Leicester is pretty embarrassing. You know what position arsenal will finish before the league starts.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They really aren't though are they. We're current champions and are now in a relegation battle. At least Arsenal are consistent and always finish around the top 4.

Spot on as usual mate.

We are the laughing stock possibly of world football just now.

We need to change this, starting on Sunday. No more talk needed. Action needed.

No point my picking who I'd like to see because CR will not change from his favoured players, and he won't be taking notice of any good ideas that are aired on this forum. As things stand there are probably many on here that could do a better job (based on this season only)....please Claudio sort the fcuking back out.

My team for this would be….

Schmeichel

Simpson      Morgan      Benalouane      Chilwell

Ndidi

Drinkwater                Mendy

Mahrez                                                            Gray

Slimani

Yes it was only Derby’s reserves on Wednesday night, but I would argue that Huth and Fuchs have been the worst of the back 4 for a while now and what is the point of giving players a game in the cup if you are not going to reward them if they impress? Benny and Chilwell cannot really do any worse anyway.

Think it is important to play the 3 in midfield as we know Swansea will pass the ball around nicely in there and we can negate their biggest threat in Sigurdsson, stop him playing and we go a long way to stopping them.

Gray has to play as although he can be hit and miss he is probably our only player who is playing with any real confidence at the moment.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Lets just let Ndidi sit tight to Sigurdsson and mark the man out the game, then as long as the 2 CBs sit tight to Lorente, we shouldn't be in too much trouble with their forward threats...

Until Wes Morgan needlessly fouls a Swansea player on the edge of our box and Sigursson scores yet another free kick.

12 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This is the same guy who said before we played United last week 

if we was drawing 1-1 after 70 mins United should put on 3 strikers as it would be better for United to lose 2-1 then it would be to draw 

Archived