Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

Pearson's obviously going to come up. Not only did he manage the greatest relegation escape of all time, but arguably he could better manage our current team dispute. Yet few disputes are resolved successfully by shouting and calling people ostriches. :ranieri: Hankering after Pearson is the new hankering after Kante.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I can't even recollect you've posted your view on Ranieri stay or go? Maybe I've just missed it? I've said go. Black and white. I'll have to live with that if we stay up. 

Nope. If we stay up we will take you out and shoot you. That is the punishment for getting it wrong. Black and white.

29 minutes ago, Renart said:

Nope. If we stay up we will take you out and shoot you. That is the punishment for getting it wrong. Black and white.

Has this always been the punishment? Because if so this guy's claiming your record Col http://www.smh.com.au/world/man-survives-after-being-shot-21-times-in-gunfight-20100809-11ukw.html

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Oi!

Don't be so bloody aggressive!

:o

No mate..!!  I just showing my soft side, by being kind to Long time Strugglers   , I dont like watching anything Suffer.

Now just be quiet...it wont hurt, you big softy..:rolleyes:  ..

23 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No mate..!!  I just showing my soft side, by being kind to Long time Strugglers   , I dont like watching anything Suffer.

Now just be quiet...it wont hurt, you big softy..:rolleyes:  ..

Another one of your bloody posts I don't understand!

lol

On 06/02/2017 at 08:29, Rob1742 said:

Great manager for us. Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom. If you didn't fit into the group, you were out, no matter who you were.

Remember him putting our Captain in the reserves when he tried to destabilise what he was doing. 

Not the greatest tactician, but creating a group that worked for each other from the very top to the very bottom was his strength. Everyone felt part of it, and if you stepped out of line you were gone. 

His group mentality was evident in the last half of our first season back in the Prem. We would never have stayed up if he hadn't created that strong group ethic.

Now that group feeling has been undone in just over half a season. As Kasper puts it, everyone from the top to the bottom needs to pull together, which says they are not at present. The group mentality has been torn apart. 

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

Then there was the way he looked, people couldn't get around his dodgy haircut and wanted a more media savvy, stylish guy.

Well all that group ethic has now gone. It's clear Claudio and his crew were unable to keep the togetherness of the whole club together and we are broken. 

Its at times like this you appreciate what a solid foundation and togetherness means to a club, and what can be achieved by it.

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit. But I ain't buying this statue thing with him being such a god when he is unravelling what Pearson put together. 

One day, maybe Pearson will get the credit for what he actually did. But I am not sure he will. It's all about what you say and how you look that is important to many, and people can't see past that. 

Blah blah blah blah blah...    Is this a history lesson? Move forward and get over it.  

Pearson has gone, never to return. 

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

What pissed me off the most was I'd defended NP so much until the Hull game and he lost me... sods bloody law that's where the fightback started.

Snap lol 

I never once stopped believing in his blueprint but he made too many tactical blunders. Saying that I often thought his teams were never far off, and were regularly let down by the quality of his players.

Those who love Pearson pretty much only see the great things he did.

Those who hate Pearson pretty much only see the bad things he did.

Those of us in the middle - the OP included - appreciate the great stuff but don't miss the bad stuff.

He ain't coming back but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the many positives he brought us.

Do people forget that the reason we had to undertake the great escape was because we were bottom under Pearson? 

By all accounts, he was too stubborn to change certain tactics, which when we did from other pressures, we went on a decent run.

We move forwards, not backwards. 

Pearson will not be hired to manage a Premier League club again (unless he gets promoted).

25 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Those who love Pearson pretty much only see the great things he did.

Those who hate Pearson pretty much only see the bad things he did.

Those of us in the middle - the OP included - appreciate the great stuff but don't miss the bad stuff.

He ain't coming back but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the many positives he brought us.

Agree with this. Some of his strengths are required now. 

Also we need a tactics, which was his major weakness

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Go on..please please, can I pull the trigger...:riyad:

every time i see this emote.. i think....

cow udders

:riyad:

prob says more about me than anything :)

Archived