Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

52 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I can remember when we didn't need to add "to a woman" to that statement....maybe you avatar inspired the ozleicester's post lol

Yes, I added it as an afterthought. :)

The avatar is actually the album cover to PInk Floyd's Atom Heart Mother, but seems to somehow summarise my level of football expertise lol

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not sure it would make much difference now to be honest.

If there are rifts there he doesn't have a magic wand to sort that out. The spirit he creates is through careful squad creation, careful handling of contracts and players etc. You can't walk in and suddenly sort that out in a 5 minutes, it took time for him to get rid of the likes of Danns and Beckford. We know he's not great tactically either, so I doubt he'd change things in that sense .

The one shot I think you'd have is that he could walk in with nothing to lose, throw caution to the wind like last time and inspire his old players. But even then, with no Walsh I wouldn't see him as a long term appointment.

Of course Ranieri could throw caution to the wind too. And if there are rifts for which the root cause isn't Ranieri, then the process of finding an eleven which actually wants to, and has the belief to play may as well be his responsibility.

I thought there was a genuine case, if the club was feeling ambitious, to look at what was going on with Ranieri and whether we could do something else. Whether that meant moving him sideways, upstairs, or out I don't know, but I think the board might have been a little more proactive. But they made their decision and I think they have to give it a little longer now.

As for Pearson, I thought his interview comments were very unusual the other day. It's as if he were giving a pep talk as a favour for someone, either staff or player or whoever. He hasn't tended to say very much about us.

If we were to sack Ranieri, and bridges had been rebuilt with Pearson, then I'd have him as the obvious choice, simply because there are some very good players who seem to have lost faith in their manager. This, as well as the supposed rifts between players, is going to be having its effect. It's quite possible that some players - Vardy, for instance - would be more positive in their reaction to Pearson. A couple of months ago, before the arse fell out of our season, Pearson wouldn't have had this advantage, and I wouldn't have had his name at the top of the list.

As for how good a long-term appointment he'd be minus Walsh, I don't know. I don't know how effective Walsh is minus Pearson. At the end of the day, he was Pearson's appointment, and was planted in a system in which Pearson stipulated what he wanted, then identified priority targets and green-lighted them. Pearson will, therefore, also know a fair bit about what does and doesn't work in a scouting network, and even if Walsh weren't to be tempted back, who's to say that he wouldn't make a similarly effective appointment?

On a final note, I'm surprised by how many people come onto a Pearson thread to either complain that people are posting messages about Pearson, or slate the guy who took us up two divisions, kept us up, and left us with a side that would win the league a year later. Just because you were wrong once about Pearson (as I was, by the way) doesn't mean you have to spend years flying in the face of all evidence, insisting that you were right.

22 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Of course Ranieri could throw caution to the wind too. And if there are rifts for which the root cause isn't Ranieri, then the process of finding an eleven which actually wants to, and has the belief to play may as well be his responsibility.

I thought there was a genuine case, if the club was feeling ambitious, to look at what was going on with Ranieri and whether we could do something else. Whether that meant moving him sideways, upstairs, or out I don't know, but I think the board might have been a little more proactive. But they made their decision and I think they have to give it a little longer now.

As for Pearson, I thought his interview comments were very unusual the other day. It's as if he were giving a pep talk as a favour for someone, either staff or player or whoever. He hasn't tended to say very much about us.

If we were to sack Ranieri, and bridges had been rebuilt with Pearson, then I'd have him as the obvious choice, simply because there are some very good players who seem to have lost faith in their manager. This, as well as the supposed rifts between players, is going to be having its effect. It's quite possible that some players - Vardy, for instance - would be more positive in their reaction to Pearson. A couple of months ago, before the arse fell out of our season, Pearson wouldn't have had this advantage, and I wouldn't have had his name at the top of the list.

As for how good a long-term appointment he'd be minus Walsh, I don't know. I don't know how effective Walsh is minus Pearson. At the end of the day, he was Pearson's appointment, and was planted in a system in which Pearson stipulated what he wanted, then identified priority targets and green-lighted them. Pearson will, therefore, also know a fair bit about what does and doesn't work in a scouting network, and even if Walsh weren't to be tempted back, who's to say that he wouldn't make a similarly effective appointment?

On a final note, I'm surprised by how many people come onto a Pearson thread to either complain that people are posting messages about Pearson, or slate the guy who took us up two divisions, kept us up, and left us with a side that would win the league a year later. Just because you were wrong once about Pearson (as I was, by the way) doesn't mean you have to spend years flying in the face of all evidence, insisting that you were right.

Great post overall, but not entirely certain many that were/are complaining about his playing style?

For example, the way he left was caused by his own actions (though I would agree with what his son did in Thailand, the Thai owners thought it was best Pearson left as the Pearson Jr incident caused some distress on the locals there and deemed it necessary on this, perhaps, alone it was right for him to leave, for the sake of protecting the image of the club towards the country) -

it appears, with the McCarthy incident and the ostrich comment in particular earlier that season making it more convincing that he couldn't handle match and media pressure. Ranieri wouldn't say anything controversial towards the media, and it appears his relationship with them is quite strong current despite the team's situation, and that can be key to ensure more questions are raised about the manager in charge.

Which is rather different to anyone complaining about his on-pitch tactics etc in his final season. In my opinion on this particular topic.

40 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Well yes he could, but the question I was posed was whether Pearson could help us in our current situation. So I'm not sure what Ranieri has got to do with the question or the answer.

I'm saying he probably wouldn't be as effective, because that's my opinion. Based on the fact problems were often solved with recruitment rather than tactics and coaching of what we had. With Walsh clearly being the man with the eye for talent. Yes he could get someone else in... but it's some what of a long shot to expect someone anywhere close to what we had with Walsh, he was rightfully lauded as one of the very best around.

Is this meant to be aimed at me? Because I've done none of those things.

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Didn't someone say that Pearson attended the Swansea match as a guest of the owners, or was that a joke?

Think it was a joke or misunderstanding, unfortunately.

Basically he was on BBC 5live before the Swansea game last week talking about the club, the situation, he spoke honestly, respectfully and positively about the clubs, players, management and owners.

Worth a listen tbh, could listen to him all day, he speaks so much truth and sense, unfortunately some people don't like truth and sense.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Didn't someone say that Pearson attended the Swansea match as a guest of the owners, or was that a joke?

Sounds like it was 'a joke', although how on earth anyone can see that as 'funny' God only knows. 

I can only assume some people must lead incredibly boring lives.

I think it was summed up perfectly by someone earlier in the thread saying some only see the good and some only see the bad.

League 1, Championship, Great Escape all fantastic.  The 2 longest winless streaks in the clubs history werent much fun.  Especially the Championship one that dropped us from top to 10th or whatever it was.

Certain players form was always so varied undet Pearson.  Vardy and Drinkwater in particular (not too indifferent from now really).

All in all though I enjoyed both stints of his management.  Both were interesting to say the least.

It's a real shame but if he wants to rebuild his managerial career, I doubt it will be in this country.  How he left us couple with what happened at Derby, i'd be amazed if anyone in the Championship would touch him.

You guys are dreaming if you think he's ever coming back.... whatever his strengths and weaknesses footballwise he didnt see eye to eye with his employer.  I think we need to focus on possible solutions..... and even if our choice is not cr we need to maximise the chances of sucess by supporting the boys on the field... we can bicker later

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Wow, people are still banging on about him....christ

You've opened a thread quite clearly titled 'Pearson'. What did you expect? If you don't like it, whether you have pros or cons on him, don't open it. Simple enough huh?

5 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

You guys are dreaming if you think he's ever coming back.... whatever his strengths and weaknesses footballwise he didnt see eye to eye with his employer.  I think we need to focus on possible solutions..... and even if our choice is not cr we need to maximise the chances of sucess by supporting the boys on the field... we can bicker later

I wonder quite how his views differ from the owner's. In one sense, at least, there appeared to be a strong similarity. The Thais originally had a strategy to make us an established Prem club within 5 years; Pearson had a methodology that centred on building a strong infrastructure and processes geared to progress the club in a gradual but consistent and sustainable way (and he succeeded, leaving it in a state capable of winning the Premiership). That, to my thinking, is a pretty good match.

On 06/02/2017 at 12:59, sylofox said:

I wish Nigel fecking pearson had never been near our club.

There are stupid comments, there are ignorant comments and there are utter füktard comments.

Whoever the frig you are, you outstrip all of those brackets with your complete, bare-faced twattery. Smash your keyboard, pour gin into your hard drive, you do not need a computer any more.

Just contraceptives.

Mankind doesn't need your genes in the pool.

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There are stupid comments, there are ignorant comments and there are utter füktard comments.

Whoever the frig you are, you outstrip all of those brackets with your complete, bare-faced twattery. Smash your keyboard, pour gin into your hard drive, you do not need a computer any more.

Just contraceptives.

Mankind doesn't need your genes in the pool.

Wtf daggers, that was deep!!

Just now, whetstonefox said:

At any other football club a manager returning for a third time after being forced out the first time , sacked the second time would be impossible, improbable, crazy, bonkers.

We're Leicester City so it'll probably happen!

I don't think so, not with the circumstances of how he left.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

You've opened a thread quite clearly titled 'Pearson'. What did you expect? If you don't like it, whether you have pros or cons on him, don't open it. Simple enough huh?

My decision to comment on the absurdity of people bangi g on about Pearson is as relevant as any other in this pointless thread

Archived