Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well yes he could, but the question I was posed was whether Pearson could help us in our current situation. So I'm not sure what Ranieri has got to do with the question or the answer.

I'm saying he probably wouldn't be as effective, because that's my opinion. Based on the fact problems were often solved with recruitment rather than tactics and coaching of what we had. With Walsh clearly being the man with the eye for talent. Yes he could get someone else in... but it's some what of a long shot to expect someone anywhere close to what we had with Walsh, he was rightfully lauded as one of the very best around.

Is this meant to be aimed at me? Because I've done none of those things.

Oh no, I was trying to add to what you said, not take away from it. And I definitely wasn't criticising you for slating Pearson, that would be ridiculous. I think some posters seem to be of the opinion that Pearson was a sort of malevolent force at the club, largely because they didn't like him at the time and don't feel they can do what most of us had to do, and admit they were wrong. I'm actually disappointed that you'd interpret this as me putting you in this category! Totally, totally the opposite.

I was only differing from you in two respects. Firstly, that you felt the main advantage of a prospective Pearson return would be that he might throw caution to the wind. I was saying that anybody could do that (Ranieri included); and that perhaps the biggest advantage of a Pearson return would actually be that some players might respond to him more than to Ranieri.

Secondly, I was suggesting that Pearson's role in the recruiting of players might well be bigger than we'd imagined, and I see little reason to believe that - looking at the long-term - he wouldn't demand the same personal attributes, and identify the same weaknesses in his line-up, as he had before. I think he probably still knows a great deal more about team-building than most managers. And, of course, if we stayed up and Walsh wasn't particularly admired at Everton, we might coax him back. Who knows.

But no, I'm definitely not disagreeing with you. The last time I disagreed with you was back in February or March 2015 when I finally said, "Okay, maybe Pearson does need to go" and you, quite correctly as it turns out, pointed out that he shouldn't. I don't want to sound too respectful, because you may well be a terrible human being, but I think you deserve a lot of credibility for your stance on Pearson.

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

My decision to comment on the absurdity of people bangi g on about Pearson is as relevant as any other in this pointless thread

Disagree somewhat.

The opening poster's first sentence was - ''Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom''.

This was what made Pearson successful here in the past (given time and command he had towards others), and also Ranieri last season - obviously.

But now, with rumours that there's a 'revolt' by certain players, Ranieri and Shakespeare not having strongest of relationships as they have had in past, and last (and maybe not least) certain players not chipping in their full money's worth for the team - team morale can't really get any more low than it is.

thinking back to spring 2015 my only argument against not sacking Nigel was 'who could replace him' . Hence I never called for him to go although I didn't believe after hull 0-0 that he could get us out of the mess..

i have a similar feeling about claudio now. ( I also think the CL tie is his natural habitat and he may surprise us with his tactics) 

Over the past few years I've seen threads on Lineker, Banks, Gillies, Bloomfield, Wallace, O'Neill, Pleat, Adams many times over. What's so odd about us wishing to discuss the manager who assembled most of our current squad, and who dragged us up to this league in the first place? Especially in a week when he's given a public opinion on our current predicament. And especially when, in the event of us sacking Ranieri, he'd be one of the most obvious replacements (if he could mend a few bridges), on account of the fact that he has pedigree as a team-builder, wouldn't need to get to know the squad, and has a fantastic record at saving clubs from relegation, including at this level, with many of these players.

Perhaps the problem is that some people still have trouble getting over the fact that, no matter how awkward and obstinate he was, Pearson was the guy who undertook one of the greatest transformations in football history - from the third tier, to within a year of winning the Premier League. And he did it to us. No Leicester fan should feel the need to apologise for loving the guy.

As someone who goes home and away (as a lot on here do), the one thing I always appreciated was that you could be sure if you'd dragged your arse halfway across the country to see one of his teams that 99 times out of 100 they'd not lose for lack of trying/effort. Yes, sometimes the tactics were wrong and, yes, sometimes we were outclassed but they'd always give it a good go and that was worth something.

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

There are stupid comments, there are ignorant comments and there are utter füktard comments.

Whoever the frig you are, you outstrip all of those brackets with your complete, bare-faced twattery. Smash your keyboard, pour gin into your hard drive, you do not need a computer any more.

Just contraceptives.

Mankind doesn't need your genes in the pool.

lol

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

As someone who goes home and away (as a lot on here do), the one thing I always appreciated was that you could be sure if you'd dragged your arse halfway across the country to see one of his teams that 99 times out of 100 they'd not lose for lack of trying/effort. Yes, sometimes the tactics were wrong and, yes, sometimes we were outclassed but they'd always give it a good go and that was worth something.

Bingo and I think that was the foundations in which Pearson had a loyalty from our support. 

8 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Over the past few years I've seen threads on Lineker, Banks, Gillies, Bloomfield, Wallace, O'Neill, Pleat, Adams many times over. What's so odd about us wishing to discuss the manager who assembled most of our current squad, and who dragged us up to this league in the first place? Especially in a week when he's given a public opinion on our current predicament. And especially when, in the event of us sacking Ranieri, he'd be one of the most obvious replacements (if he could mend a few bridges), on account of the fact that he has pedigree as a team-builder, wouldn't need to get to know the squad, and has a fantastic record at saving clubs from relegation, including at this level, with many of these players.

Perhaps the problem is that some people still have trouble getting over the fact that, no matter how awkward and obstinate he was, Pearson was the guy who undertook one of the greatest transformations in football history - from the third tier, to within a year of winning the Premier League. And he did it to us. No Leicester fan should feel the need to apologise for loving the guy.

:appl:

9 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Get this man a beer.

17 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Didn't someone say that Pearson attended the Swansea match as a guest of the owners, or was that a joke?

It doesn't matter - someone said it on the internet and that's enough for it to be fact these days.

10 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Wtf daggers, that was deep!!

I thought it was pretty shallow.

9 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I do genuinely believe that most appreciate his contribution. He charted and steered a floundering and rudderless ship but one that should never have keeled over in the first place. We found ourselves in the third tier due to sheer negligence remember. Nige secured promotion the the Premiership so suddenly, he initially seemed out of his depth but I think the rumours of mutiny amongst some in March 2015 were grossly exaggerated. 

Personally, I don't think we would have won the Premier League under Pearson but then we would have never been in a position to do so without his watch.

17 hours ago, inckley fox said:

In my eyes then I think that it's almost crying out for a Pearson return right now bearing in mind how well he knows the club, most of the players plus taking into account his whole football ethos, the skill he possesses in staving off potential relegation and of course club building - we definitely wouldn't have won the league last season had Pearson not been here for the previous season or two. There's even things like the fact that his lad James is no longer here of course re the owners attitude towards him. In spite of there still being 13 league games left we still don't look like scoring (no Prem goals all year to date lest we forget!), let alone winning any of them - and the games will soon start to run out while all the other teams in and around us continue to improve....Palace and Sunderland aside perhaps. On current form then if we stick with Ranieri then I think we will most likely go down as the players don't seem capable of playing for him any longer like they did (and then some!) last season.

The owners appear to be paying Ranieri a lot with loyalty after what we did last season (a miracle of course) but if we do drop into the bottom three by the end of the month then questions really do need to be asked again re the wisdom to have kept Ranieri on, not only after a poor January Transfer window but after the Swansea debacle last weekend! Re Pearson coming back then it depends on how obstinate both parties are re the notion. Posters on here who are saying the lines to the effect of "it's gone, Pearson's had his time here, there's no way he could return here like he did before (in 2011), move on.....!" are perhaps being as unforgiving and unreasonable as the owners if indeed a chance for Pearson to return for a third spell did suddenly become a strong possibility IF Ranieri had to be sacked with games fast running out and league results not improving one iota!

...and having now gone out of the FA Cup to third tier opposition, then if we get stuffed away at Sevilla this coming week (as I fully expect us to), then it really is looking grimmer by the week!  

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Seriously just **** off with the Pearson return shit. He ain't coming back and is the last thing we need at the moment anyway. He is in the past, get over it. Ranieri isn't the answer but neither is Pearson. 

Any better suggestions then? Gary Rowett perhaps if Ranieri leaves at the end of the season (as I can't see him being sacked now) but I could only see that happening were we going to be in the Championship next season.....

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

I've said it before, HAVE PEOPLE FORGOTTEN THAT PEARSON GOT US INTO AN AWFUL POSITION IN ORDER TO STRIVE OF THAT GREAT ESCAPE??! HE ISN'T THE ANSWER!

I think people are probably remembering us improving every season under his management, and finishing 14th in his first full season as a Premier League manager. That probably gives a fairer view of his time here than remembering two thirds of one season in caps lock.

Just now, irishmenfox said:

People want to bring back a man who nearly got Derby in the relegation zone at the start of the season. Shaking my head. Pearson's useless without Walsh, he proved it at hull and Derby. In ranieri we trust

Claudio I admire you're effort but shouldn't you be clearing out your office?

Archived