Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

3 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

We can't keep bleating on about Pearson, I love what he did for the club but things have moved on and so should everyone

People still bring up O'Neill, you've got no chance of people stopping talking about him already.

8 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

But Pearson would not have stood for that. This is the issue. The signings may now be wrong, but he would have kicked off and those involved would be out. 

He made sure the group was solid, and then when we were in a mess, we had a solid togetherness to get us out of the mess. 

I know what you mean but to me its more about the ones we didn't get than the 'bad' ones we did get.   Keane, Acerbi etc would have made a big difference ...   Morgan and Huth are knackered and overplayed cus we have no one else.  Deeney, Sigurdsun ...   the list goes on.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

People just need to accept previous managers will get brought up, we had the same with O'Neill and only a run of success under Pearson muted that.

We were a well oiled machine off the pitch under him, and I'd hoped the club would manage to take the batton and run with what he'd set up for us. Sadly it seems to be crumbling, so the fingers need pointing at the people at the top. Who perhaps like the players believed the hype and weren't looking forwards to what was to come and planning for it.

Say what you want about him as a person or a tactician, both questionable. But I thought he ran / demanded the club was run in a way that's better than I've ever witnessed since becoming a fan.

Don't think anyone is in doubt about that, but longing for his return after the circumstances in which he left is just plain delusional. Move on.

28 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

People need to let go of Claudio. The club is now rotten from top to bottom. It has been dismantled. 

lol the club isn't rotten ffs... Yeah we've had a pretty sh*t year, but currently the club is in the last 16 of the champions league for the first time ever, still in the cup with a favourable chance of thr quarter finals at least and not in the relegation zone. Currently the club is in as good a place as it has been for a long while. Yeah we aren't playing well and we look in trouble, but that doesn't make a rotten club!!!

I honestly think it would be very very hard for any manager to motivate this group properly, they realise they have reached their peak and will never ever have a season like the last one, also Pearson's time at Derby suggests that he is hardly a 100% nailed on solution for any problem

Give it a bloody rest.

Where is Pearson now?

And for your information Pearson was taking us down as bottom club until Cambiasso took over the dressing room and told the players what they needed to do.

Pearson wanted to keep with the shit that had 3 central defenders against 10 man Hull.

12 minutes ago, JR99 said:

lol the club isn't rotten ffs... Yeah we've had a pretty sh*t year, but currently the club is in the last 16 of the champions league for the first time ever, still in the cup with a favourable chance of thr quarter finals at least and not in the relegation zone. Currently the club is in as good a place as it has been for a long while. Yeah we aren't playing well and we look in trouble, but that doesn't make a rotten club!!!

If you can't see that it's only a matter of time before we're back in the football league with only fading memories of European football, then I don't know what to tell you.

I am a big fan of Pearson, but I agree with those who say that we shouldn't live in the past. I think it is a good thing to recognise what he brought to the club, though, as it is missing now, and we are suffering as a result. He laid strong foundations. Everyone was singing from the same hymn sheet, and the togetherness and team spirit he built were crucial ingredients for our success.

That's out the window now, and we have got to find someone who can bring it back.

I don't think anyone but Ranieri could have turned us into the best team in the country, but this season has made it all too clear that he isn't the man for us anymore. I don't think he's someone who can handle a struggling side. I hold no hope that he can turn this ship around.

Pearson returning will never happen under these owners so let’s just put that to bed now. He had a lot of faults but one thing he did do was work extremely hard to clear all the shite out of our club, the egos such as Mills and Beckford that were dragging us down. He then built a TEAM that was a well-oiled machine and the club was running great from top to bottom.

Unfortunately we have got to a position where all that hard work has been undone and Claudio does not have the character to sort it out. I fear it is already too late for this season as I honestly can’t see where we turn it around. We can’t score and are shipping goals left right and centre, I can’t name 3 worse sides in the league. We need a manager that isn’t afraid to stand up to the ego’s in the dressing room and will give them all a good kicking in to touch if it’s needed. The problem is, who?

Guest LCFC_World
11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Give it a bloody rest.

Where is Pearson now?

And for your information Pearson was taking us down as bottom club until Cambiasso took over the dressing room and told the players what they needed to do.

Pearson wanted to keep with the shit that had 3 central defenders against 10 man Hull.

Didn't we survive with the formation 3-4-1-2 ? 

some people will want Pearson back, but he's not an instant impact kind of guy. He needs atleast 1/2 seasons to build his own team for success. Derby were stupid to not let him build his foundations for success.

I'd take Pearson back if we are relegated & needed to rebuild, however we need results right now.

2 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Didn't we survive with the formation 3-4-1-2 ? 

Yes, what I am saying is he persisted in that game with 3 central defenders against 0 strikers, they had 10 men.

We badly needed three points and he carried on with the most turgid, defensive minded shit you could imagine.

Thankfully there was someone in the changing room who knew that we needed to take the shackles off in order to survive.

All this Pearson talk is frankly boring and unhelpful.

29 minutes ago, JR99 said:

lol the club isn't rotten ffs... 

Yes it is. It doesn't mean it's been rotten for long, but if you really believe that the club is not in a situation you could describe as rotten then I wan what you're smoking.

I love Pearson as much as I love Claudio. What both have done for this club have been different in terms of overall achievement but NP's, in hindsight, was clearly also unnoticed in the backroom team.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Bit nitpicky, but Ranieri has done nothing but protect the group - and has been criticised for it by some on here. 

Pearson told fans "if you don't like it, don't come" and "fvck off and die", would you like Ranieri to do that?

Yeah, I always prefer honest appraisals from manager's rather than the same crappy clichés week in week out.

Ranieri is now becoming a boring parody of himself "player x isn't ready", "we will fight, we must fight, something something fight". Empty words and no real sign that he actually has a clue what to do, or has the power to do what he wants.

Pearson seemed to go a bit mental at times and I could do nothing but cringe at some of the press conferences, but whatever he said externally/internally, he always had a tight togetherness within the whole club.

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I think that part, most of us can agree on! :D

People aren't going to change their opinions on him, you either loved him or hated him. You could either see what he was doing or you didn't like what he did.

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Yes it is. It doesn't mean it's been rotten for long, but if you really believe that the club is not in a situation you could describe as rotten then I wan what you're smoking.

I love Pearson as much as I love Claudio. What both have done for this club have been different in terms of overall achievement but NP's, in hindsight, was clearly also unnoticed in the backroom team.

Its not rotten at all ...   we are going through a challenging time in terms of our league position but we are in good shape.  Football clubs evolve and change all the time, much more so than in other businesses, and that is what we are doing.   We have fantastic owners and they know what they are doing ...   the infrastructure is sound.

Is anyone actually calling for a return for Pearson? I haven't seen it anywhere (not in jest). What is becoming apparent is that the work he did for the club, completely transforming it into a well-oiled machine almost, is being undone. There are a lot of things happening at the club at the moment that are the antithesis of what he built and we are going from a well-run professional club to a bit of a mess to be honest.

We have a seemingly un-sackable director of football, an increasingly insular manager, and a group of players who for whatever reason don't really fancy it anymore. It sounds crazy suggesting it just 8 months after the greatest achievement in this club's history and possibly football more generally, but the club needs an overhaul. 

Guest LCFC_World
19 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yes, what I am saying is he persisted in that game with 3 central defenders against 0 strikers, they had 10 men.

We badly needed three points and he carried on with the most turgid, defensive minded shit you could imagine.

Thankfully there was someone in the changing room who knew that we needed to take the shackles off in order to survive.

Well I say bring him back anyway 

Archived