Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

Just now, Countryfox said:

Not a fan then Sylo ??   :whistle:

I am but he's gone so let it go.

Pearson was slagged by nearly everyone in the great escape. Sack him, he's a cvnt, clueless should never be a prem manager.

Now the same people hail him as a god. Two faced cvnts wanted him out now they want his babbies.

If Ranieri goes, Shakespeare will go as well and he wouldn't rule out doing something with Pearson again.

Can see why he's finding it hard to get something currently as his preferred assistants in Shakespeare, Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell are already somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Ranieri goes, Shakespeare will go as well and he wouldn't rule out doing something with Pearson again.

Can see why he's finding it hard to get something currently as his preferred assistants in Shakespeare, Kevin Phillips and Chris Powell are already somewhere.

If Pearson had a job now and came for Shakespeare I honestly feel as if Shakespeare would go. 

I didn't think this in the summer but now I feel Ranieri doesn't get on with Shakespeare. Ranieri just looks so distant from everything stood in his technical box, last season he seemed so much closer to Shakespeare and Stowell.

22 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

Does anyone else find it irritating when your reading through a thread and you come across posts that are asking for

the mods to intervene.

Why do people do this and why should the mods get involved unless the thread, or any post is either defamatory, or

abusive.

I just don't get why people just don't avoid the thread and move on to something else, what's it got to do with them?

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Or ignore the posts ...   whichever's easier.    :thumbup: 

That doesn't really answer the question I was asking though, does it?

I think it's completely different if you're reading a thread that you show an interest in and

then seeing a post that clearly has nothing to do with the thread.

1 minute ago, one F in Fox said:

That doesn't really answer the question I was asking though, does it?

I think it's completely different if you're reading a thread that you show an interest in and

then seeing a post that clearly has nothing to do with the thread.

Like your post you mean ...

28 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

Does anyone else find it irritating when your reading through a thread and you come across posts that are asking for

the mods to intervene.

Why do people do this and why should the mods get involved unless the thread, or any post is either defamatory, or

abusive.

I just don't get why people just don't avoid the thread and move on to something else, what's it got to do with them?

On my part it is in Jest, however, Pearson 'In' threads are bound to cause polarised arguments and descend into chaos. He supported his Son who disrespected the club, the owners and Thailand amongst other misdemeanour's. The chance of him coming back is less than zero. Waste of a thread. 

1 hour ago, somebum said:

The cvnt could argue in an empty room i doubt he's the man to bring harmony back in the dressing room mate

The club was the most well run I had seen it since 2000. Pearson spent 6 years here. He built 3 or 4 sides while he was here and to my knowledge the dressing room never got out of hand. 

Pearson certainly wouldn't tolerate anything from players, as shown when he discarded our former captain. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

The club was the most well run I had seen it since 2000. Pearson spent 6 years here. He built 3 or 4 sides while he was here and to my knowledge the dressing room never got out of hand. 

Pearson certainly wouldn't tolerate anything from players, as shown when he discarded our former captain. 

He wouldn't have players on £100k a week either.

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Just gonna say this

Pearson has been gone for nearly 2 years and our last game against Manchester United 8 of the 11 starters were signed by him (Schmeichel was signed by Sven tbf). 

We've signed a dozen players in the last 3 transfer windows but yet most of our current starters are Pearson signings. 

Yep, shows how important his set up was, not that it was in doubt to sensible people. I have no doubt the aging players would have been in the process of being phased out or replaced by improvements by now.

I have no faith in the current set up doing that.

4 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Great manager for us. Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom. If you didn't fit into the group, you were out, no matter who you were.

Remember him putting our Captain in the reserves when he tried to destabilise what he was doing. 

Not the greatest tactician, but creating a group that worked for each other from the very top to the very bottom was his strength. Everyone felt part of it, and if you stepped out of line you were gone. 

His group mentality was evident in the last half of our first season back in the Prem. We would never have stayed up if he hadn't created that strong group ethic.

Now that group feeling has been undone in just over half a season. As Kasper puts it, everyone from the top to the bottom needs to pull together, which says they are not at present. The group mentality has been torn apart. 

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

Then there was the way he looked, people couldn't get around his dodgy haircut and wanted a more media savvy, stylish guy.

Well all that group ethic has now gone. It's clear Claudio and his crew were unable to keep the togetherness of the whole club together and we are broken. 

Its at times like this you appreciate what a solid foundation and togetherness means to a club, and what can be achieved by it.

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit. But I ain't buying this statue thing with him being such a god when he is unravelling what Pearson put together. 

One day, maybe Pearson will get the credit for what he actually did. But I am not sure he will. It's all about what you say and how you look that is important to many, and people can't see past that. 

bla bla blaa bla bla!!!!

Get get over Pearson.

The end

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

On my part it is in Jest, however, Pearson 'In' threads are bound to cause polarised arguments and descend into chaos. He supported his Son who disrespected the club, the owners and Thailand amongst other misdemeanour's. The chance of him coming back is less than zero. Waste of a thread. 

I'm not sure it's even a "Pearson in" thread is it, the OP didn't advocate that from what I can see. More a post in frustration of seeing his foundations crumbling around us so soon.

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Fair enough, thanks for your input.

I just wondered why people posted that.

It's nice for someone to explain their reasoning instead of trying to nit pick!

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yep, shows how important his set up was, not that it was in doubt to sensible people. I have no doubt the aging players would have been in the process of being phased out or replaced by improvements by now.

I have no faith in the current set up doing that.

That's why I think even if we miraculously stay up with Ranieri I still have no faith in him taking us foward. He will bang on about 40 points come July again, and the recruitment will be poor.

It's sad it's has come to this but that's the reality.  Our current set up is doomed for relegation in a season or 2.

Just now, Babylon said:

I'm not sure it's even a "Pearson in" thread is it, the OP didn't advocate that from what I can see. More a post in frustration of seeing his foundations crumbling around us so soon.

True that. However, so many individual posters and posts on here at the minute calling for his return, I assumed this one would follow the trend.

I have no issue talking about Pearson, what he did for the club, how great he was, generally remembering good times. What I do take issue with is the moment something doesn't work out, no matter how small, it's in with the 'Wouldn't have happened under Pearson', 'Pearson's available', 'Pearson's would sort that out', 'Pearson's Foundations', 'Pearson's Team' etc. It's just too much. The same people who cried like blubbering babies when Pearson left have been waiting for the club to come into some turmoil like this so they can start ranting about how bad it is under Ranieri and how they knew he was a wrongun from the start etc. Some people never let go, not sure what it was about Nige but he seems to have some mystical hold over a number of people on these forums who just can;t see anything other than Sir Nige, at all times. It's a bit creepy if I'm honest.

I can tell you what Pearson wouldn't have done: Won the league. People seem to forget some of the horrific runs we went on under Pearson, not least the 5 months of shit in the great escape season. He isn't the Magic man, he was part of a successful team of staff. He was utter sh*t for Derby without his usual crew in place and I would suggest he would not be any good for us now. 

The only person to blame for Pearson's departure was Nige himself. He had enough chances with this club but chose to stand by his scrote of a son, which is fine, but it meant the door would never be open to him again.

7 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

lol So predictable!

I was asking a question about posts that were on that thread, if those posts weren't on there

I wouldn't have posted mine, simple to understand surely?

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

:fishing:    :wave:

Yeah, that's right, it's the old back peddle, I was on the wind up routine is it?

Pearson was magnificent in getting the club to such a stable position and building quite a lot of the foundations. He got the credit he deserved and only a madnman wouldnt be able to appreciate his contribution from guiding us up. However, NP had limitations. Some say tactical, some say with the media and some say with owners of football clubs. If he was the full package he would still be here but unfortunately his short comings have cost him his job at a few clubs including ours and Derby`s.

Im just a little confused what this thread is about. Is it a respectful Nigel Pearson appreciation thread or are you in some way either wanting him back or talking about what he built? People in football do things for there own means you will know Im sure. Pearson got his job at Derby and hardly anyone followed him from his staff there, in fact it was only 1 or 2 lower end people. His trusted lieutenants put themselves first. One of the key members in Walsh then put us 2nd and his family first by going to Everton. He then takes people with him. Shit happens. No club stands still and no clubs stays the same over the years.

Can the OP kindly expain what the whole point is?

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Bit nitpicky, but Ranieri has done nothing but protect the group - and has been criticised for it by some on here. 

Pearson told fans "if you don't like it, don't come" and "fvck off and die", would you like Ranieri to do that?

The group Pearson created was a strong team from top to bottom. Scouting, sports science, everyone. From what Kasper said  it appears we are not all as one under Ranieri. 

I was never bothered what he said to the media or fans that moaned. Creating a strong group and getting the results is what mattered to me.

1 minute ago, Rob1742 said:

The group Pearson created was a strong team from top to bottom. Scouting, sports science, everyone. From what Kasper said  it appears we are not all as one under Ranieri. 

I was never bothered what he said to the media or fans that moaned. Creating a strong group and getting the results is what mattered to me.

The voice of reason as usual >>> @Rob1742 

Pearson did so much for the club behind the scenes as Rob rightly says. No way will the owners bring him back though. That ship has sailed.

Just now, Rob1742 said:

Back when he was in charge it felt like everyone was pulling the same way as we had clear goals as a club, but it helped the players were all on the same level in terms of ability, career achievements and wages. I don't know how he would deal with a 100k a week Vardy, Mahrez, etc now though, I don't think they are the same players anymore. 

Archived