Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Pearson

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I genuinely can't see it, Rob. It was a messy break up. 

I know, but entrepreneurs are different. They didn't want Pearson in the first place, but then went back to him once they realised about Sven. I think you are right, but entrepreneurs do think different. So you never know. 

But then thinking more into it as I write. It won't happen no, you are correct 

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

There's no real evidence to suggest they did tho, if he wanted players, if he has any say, then don't **** about with silly bids, we got Ndidi done early, paid what it took, i'm not suggesting we blow the whole of KP budget, but we needed a centre half, just buy one, and if he wanted a number 10, pay it, it's gonna cost more than a few million if we go down.

Well theres the rub ! ...   CR says   "I wanna centre half !" ...    and we target and then go for one ..   or two, or three ...   but the deal(s) doesn't go through.   Why ? ...   and who ultimately decides ? ...      I'd love to know.

1 hour ago, crazyleicester said:

You are being inaccurate fella and only using the bits you need to get your point across. As I understand it Claudio came in and made a point he didnt want to change the infrastructure of the club. He didnt bring loads of first team coaches with him and didnt do that pride thing that many coaches do who want to make there stamp on the club. He obviously tried to add to the playing personnel but soon enough he realised that he had better than he thought and playing Driinky ahead of the incoming Inler was typical that he hasnt an ego and does whats best for the club.

As I understand it (and please someone correct me if I am wrong), the people that have left all left on their own accord. The club or Claudio didnt want Walsh to leave and we didnt want Idiakez to join Derby. Walsh grabbed one of our scouts in Worthington and was it Arsenal who poached Wrigglesworth? Please explain what is being "dismantled" as you put it? You cant stop people from going, even if they are leaving the Champions of England. There is no fire sale or mass staff sackings here, just that people being greedy or ambitious moving on.

My advice is stop living in the past and move on. Im 99.9% certain with Pearson in charge and his limitations we would not even have got near the Champions League never mind win the title. The "new regime" as you put it have won us an unprecedented prem title and that was down to the existing set-up, the ambition of the new owners and the direction and calmness of a media friendly dilly ding dilly dong gentleman in Claudio.

I am not living in the past, I am moving on. We need to move on and get a new manager. Those that want to carry on are not moving on and wanting the same as the last 6 months. 

What is being dismantled, I'll tell you what. Our club. We have a worse scouting system now. We bought one player after seeing him in a few games for an awful lot of money, not from a measured scouting of watching him in a number of games like we did with Knockaert and Mahrez. Sports psychology isn't required anymore either, this has been binned. God knows what else. 

Carry on the same way, you get the same results 

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Being dismantled can come in many different forms and it's certainly not just because of Ranieri, we also need to look higher. But there was an article in the papers this weekend saying that it was his choice to relieve the sports psychologist of his duties. The same articles suggested he had pushed to one side much of the backroom team.

It's all very well to say you don't want to change anything. But if their input isn't what it once was, or they are being ignored then it's not much different to just sacking them. Because all you end up with is a load of frustrated staff not feeling like they are part of it as much as they used to be. Which is most likely to see them jump ship at the first opportunity.

Then you have how players are handled, disparity in contracts, what sort of signings are made. We know we used to place a large emphasis on the group, trying to keep parity, trying to keep the players all feeling involved as much as possible, we're clearly failing that. Then we've targeted a large number of foreign signings in one go. We've never been shy of a player from foreign leagues before. But we've had a huge influx over the last 3 windows. With what, just one player coming in with experience of the country or our league?

Not his best days work by many accounts

http://www.uksportsnetwork.co.uk/leicesters-rise-is-a-case-for-the-sport-psychologists/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3537553/Leicester-City-feel-no-pressure-title-run-insists-club-psychologist-m-not-busy-man-took-short-holiday-week.html

You are being inaccurate fella and only using the bits you need to get your point across. As I understand it Claudio came in and made a point he didnt want to change the infrastructure of the club. He didnt bring loads of first team coaches with him and didnt do that pride thing that many coaches do who want to make there stamp on the club. He obviously tried to add to the playing personnel but soon enough he realised that he had better than he thought and playing Driinky ahead of the incoming Inler was typical that he hasnt an ego and does whats best for the club.

As I understand it (and please someone correct me if I am wrong), the people that have left all left on their own accord. The club or Claudio didnt want Walsh to leave and we didnt want Idiakez to join Derby. Walsh grabbed one of our scouts in Worthington and was it Arsenal who poached Wrigglesworth? Please explain what is being "dismantled" as you put it? You cant stop people from going, even if they are leaving the Champions of England. There is no fire sale or mass staff sackings here, just that people being greedy or ambitious moving on.

My advice is stop living in the past and move on. Im 99.9% certain with Pearson in charge and his limitations we would not even have got near the Champions League never mind win the title. The "new regime" as you put it have won us an unprecedented prem title and that was down to the existing set-up, the ambition of the new owners and the direction and calmness of a media friendly dilly ding dilly dong gentleman in Claudio.

As I understand it, the thing being dismantled is the togetherness and team spirit we had. I don't think anyone is arguing that Ranieri is responsible for the departed backroom staff. That's a bit of a strawman, really.

I've not heard anyone say that Pearson would have got us anywhere near the Champions League, and I don't think I ever will. That's another strawman. Yes, the "new regime" won us the impossible, and it will never be forgotten, but you have to ask yourself, does that give them free reign to sink the club? I don't think it does. I'll always be thankful to CR for last season. We saw our club achieve something that fans of clubs outside the elite few will almost certainly never see in their lifetimes. Having said that, it is now history.

We're on the verge of disaster. It's hard to say just how bad relegation could be for us right now, but it's not out of the question that it could ruin the club. We could easily be stuck with an astronomical wage bill for 3 years while operating on a Football League budget. That's not a good combo.

It's crystal clear to me that Ranieri is not the manager for us anymore. He should have gone months ago. It seems like he has got no influence over the players, and also that he has no idea how to change that. We've been awful in the league all season, and if anything, we're getting worse now. If he stays, we're down. I'd take just about anyone instead of him right now. Even getting in a shlt manager might have some sort of positive effect on the players.

Even if the owners did sack Ranieri which is unlikely and even if Pearson would come back which again is unlikely. He almost always takes a team backwards initially and then massively improves but it always seems to be 1 step back 2 forward over time. 1 step back right now and we are in the Championship. Pearson is not an appointment IMO during a season when you need instant results. It's not how it works.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He wouldn't have players on £100k a week either.

bollox Vardy Mahrrz and one or two others would have gone. Football has moved on and NP did not pay them.

our owners say what players earn not the manager.

He really ain't the super hero people think he is. He like any manager works to a budget. Yes he did it well for us with his team.

But how long did he last at derby? Without shakey and walsh? So how good is he on his own?

He's gone forget him he's never coming back.

I for one think it was more a team effort than him.

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I am not living in the past, I am moving on. We need to move on and get a new manager. Those that want to carry on are not moving on and wanting the same as the last 6 months. 

What is being dismantled, I'll tell you what. Our club. We have a worse scouting system now. We bought one player after seeing him in a few games for an awful lot of money, not from a measured scouting of watching him in a number of games like we did with Knockaert and Mahrez. Sports psychology isn't required anymore either, this has been binned. God knows what else. 

Carry on the same way, you get the same results 

Hold on here. First you comment on the dismantling of our club and then you say "carry on the same way you get the same results". We have been carrying on the same way and our results on the pitch have been very different. As for keeping the regime, what do you want us to do? Handcuff Walsh to Shakesperes ankles and tell him he isnt going nowhere? You talk about the scouting system and I`ll tell you the same thing i did before that you didnt respond to directly. What the hell are we supposed to do when Arsenal steam in and grab one of our scouts? The big boys will always come and poach the best talents whether you like it or not. Everton are deemed a bigger club and Walsh has gone. Arsenal are bigger and thats why Wrigglesworth went along. 

Personally Im not knowledgeable enough to know all our scouting network. Im not sure if anyone was promoted to take over the lads that have been poached by Everton or Arsenal either but Id presume so. You would imagine a club that is seemingly run very well have a plan in place. That isnt down to Ranieri though. He has told us a million times he is a football head coach and not a CEO or General Manager. He may make decisions on a few things but he seems to be getting the blame for everything these days which is just ridiculous. We have the likes of Rudkin, Whelan and Neville hopefully making the correct decisions at top for us and Claudio will make the call on certain stuff. 

i just find it so amusing that no one says a thing when we win the prem but all of a sudden the media starts to put two and two together and get 8 and some sheep fans follow when in truth, they dont really know what is going on within the club and just follow some weak media outlets.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

As I understand it, the thing being dismantled is the togetherness and team spirit we had. I don't think anyone is arguing that Ranieri is responsible for the departed backroom staff. That's a bit of a strawman, really.

I've not heard anyone say that Pearson would have got us anywhere near the Champions League, and I don't think I ever will. That's another strawman. Yes, the "new regime" won us the impossible, and it will never be forgotten, but you have to ask yourself, does that give them free reign to sink the club? I don't think it does. I'll always be thankful to CR for last season. We saw our club achieve something that fans of clubs outside the elite few will almost certainly never see in their lifetimes. Having said that, it is now history.

We're on the verge of disaster. It's hard to say just how bad relegation could be for us right now, but it's not out of the question that it could ruin the club. We could easily be stuck with an astronomical wage bill for 3 years while operating on a Football League budget. That's not a good combo.

It's crystal clear to me that Ranieri is not the manager for us anymore. He should have gone months ago. It seems like he has got no influence over the players, and also that he has no idea how to change that. We've been awful in the league all season, and if anything, we're getting worse now. If he stays, we're down. I'd take just about anyone instead of him right now. Even getting in a shlt manager might have some sort of positive effect on the players.

We arent talking about Wenger here who has sat at Arsenal for years not winning anything which for them is as bad as relegation. We are talking about a man who has guided this club to its best achievement IN HISTORY. I dont think some people in here quite understand that. Its an achievement that has been described as one of the most amazing and unlikely sporting stories in the history of sport. For a club who came in as one of the bookies relegation candidates to actually win a Major trophy in the land of the giants? Can you imagine Sunderland or Hull doing that next season?

Because of the amazing achievement, he deserves to be backed fully this season. The season started in August and you spout off that Ranieri should have been sacked "months ago". What? 3, 4 or 5?! How about sacking him as he lifted the trophy?!!! 

I`ll point you to the threads that were about when Pearson had us deep in the mire and relegation was a certainty in everyones eyes two seasons or so ago. People were going mental then. There was no talk of team spirit and togetherness etc when we were getting done every week. People have way too many knee-jerk reactions and in Claudio, he has done well enough to be given the respect of seeing the season out.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

The club was the most well run I had seen it since 2000. Pearson spent 6 years here. He built 3 or 4 sides while he was here and to my knowledge the dressing room never got out of hand. 

Pearson certainly wouldn't tolerate anything from players, as shown when he discarded our former captain. 

OH FFS give it up yes Pearson was good for us. But how do you want to use the facts? Pearson never bought a player Walsh did. Or was walsh sh1t and pearson done it.

Pearson was part of a very good team. That team is broken.

Pearson was great at derby that's why he is still manager.

Walsh and Shakey don't get the credit they deserve. It was not all pearson infact I think he was the lesser part.

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Pearson cannot fix this. He left the club in such a situation that his own aura amongst the players would be tarnished. We can't go back to what was a really productive period in the teams history for that reason alone. 

One thing about Pearson though, for all his criticism of being rude, abnoxious and insulting. A lot more of the players/coaching staff seem to like him compared to Ranieri. Even the ones who didn't he got the best out of them. Proper management.

Perhaps they wouldn't if they had been in the same situation ie won the league, had been with each other even longer and now near the relegation zone again. Might have fallen out with a few more players, slavishly picked his favourites again to the teams detriment, been obnoxious to fans and press, got sacked.

We'll never no, don't care,  different time and situation. Mind you McClarens making a good fist of the balls up he made at Derby! 

In a way it is a bit pointless going backwards but it is easy to forget or ignore that Pearson rebuilt the club from its very low point. And I don't mean just getting us promoted etc but reestablishing a reserve team worth the name and a youth system which for a time was the envy of much bigger clubs , introducing a level of sophistication in sports science which others have copied , stolen even. His insistence on picking not just players of ability but of character . Really no-one who fully understands our club can deny any of that and in so doing he laid the foundations for last season. I agree that as a coach he probably could not have achieved it himself but in most other respects he did nothing but good for our club. 

I also agree with Rob that t his legacy has been dismantled in surprisingly rapid time. The u-23 team is a joke, Tom Lawrence is on fire in the Championship yet there's not even a hint he may get a chance in our ailing team and we persist with players completely out of form and make signings who are not Premiership-ready. Sacking Ranieri may not be the answer but the club owes us an explanation for this parlours situation. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

bollox Vardy Mahrrz and one or two others would have gone. Football has moved on and NP did not pay them.

our owners say what players earn not the manager.

He really ain't the super hero people think he is. He like any manager works to a budget. Yes he did it well for us with his team.

But how long did he last at derby? Without shakey and walsh? So how good is he on his own?

He's gone forget him he's never coming back.

I for one think it was more a team effort than him.

He did very well at Southampton and Carlisle without Shakespeare and Walsh.

Derby sacked McLaren, Clough, Clement recently are they not any good either? The same Clement that will probably beat us on Sunday.

I don't want him back now I'm just contributing to the thread. The guy is a absolute hero. We've moved on, but we've moved on from O'Neill too.

Hold on here. First you comment on the dismantling of our club and then you say "carry on the same way you get the same results". We have been carrying on the same way and our results on the pitch have been very different. As for keeping the regime, what do you want us to do? Handcuff Walsh to Shakesperes ankles and tell him he isnt going nowhere? You talk about the scouting system and I`ll tell you the same thing i did before that you didnt respond to directly. What the hell are we supposed to do when Arsenal steam in and grab one of our scouts? The big boys will always come and poach the best talents whether you like it or not. Everton are deemed a bigger club and Walsh has gone. Arsenal are bigger and thats why Wrigglesworth went along. 

Personally Im not knowledgeable enough to know all our scouting network. Im not sure if anyone was promoted to take over the lads that have been poached by Everton or Arsenal either but Id presume so. You would imagine a club that is seemingly run very well have a plan in place. That isnt down to Ranieri though. He has told us a million times he is a football head coach and not a CEO or General Manager. He may make decisions on a few things but he seems to be getting the blame for everything these days which is just ridiculous. We have the likes of Rudkin, Whelan and Neville hopefully making the correct decisions at top for us and Claudio will make the call on certain stuff. 

i just find it so amusing that no one says a thing when we win the prem but all of a sudden the media starts to put two and two together and get 8 and some sheep fans follow when in truth, they dont really know what is going on within the club and just follow some weak media outlets.

"Our results have been different" - nope, our results have been awful and we are getting worse. 

With regards to Walsh and Shakespeare, no you can't handcuff them to the club, but if they leave, or anyone for that matter it is your responsibility to put in adequate replacements. Buying a player after seeing one match of his like we have done shows a backward step to what we previously had. 

Ranieri says he is the head coach does he? Well if he is leaving everything else to others, it's a backward step from what we had and not as tight as it was with Pearson. The results of this change is evident.

You find it amusing that nobody commented when everything was going well. Well you don't do you. If things are going well you don't change things, you only change things when they are wrong so that is a very odd comment 

I'd take the Pearson / Walsh / Shakespeare regime back in a heartbeat tbh but I clearly recognise that it isn't an option moving forward and never will be.

I still find it absolutely staggering the number of people on this forum who can't recognise just how much good that man did for our club - astounding amounts of idiocy when it comes to recognising that fact. 

Ranieri was the man to lead us to the trophy - it wouldn't have happened without him / right time, right place but come on, it's absolutely ****ing clear as day that Pearson built the foundations on which we achieved that success.

Archived