Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have no doubt pearson got credit for what he did. Lg1, play offs twice winning the championship and great escape. But claudio is our man now, and people forget we spent more than half a season looking like we were gone. If people genuinely think that's a blueprint for success then I don't know. You're right, pearson built the foundations for this to happen, but no way would he have done what we did last year, and people need to let go of pearson, be grateful but don't stay hung up on it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

 

Bit nitpicky, but Ranieri has done nothing but protect the group - and has been criticised for it by some on here. 

 

Pearson told fans "if you don't like it, don't come" and "fvck off and die", would you like Ranieri to do that?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pearson cannot fix this. He left the club in such a situation that his own aura amongst the players would be tarnished. We can't go back to what was a really productive period in the teams history for that reason alone. 

 

One thing about Pearson though, for all his criticism of being rude, abnoxious and insulting. A lot more of the players/coaching staff seem to like him compared to Ranieri. Even the ones who didn't he got the best out of them. Proper management.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He built the club too. Most of his signings were building a team.

 

Just the opposite now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

 

 

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit .....

 

 

 

....    And for making Leicester City the Champions of England.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JR99 said:

I have no doubt pearson got credit for what he did. Lg1, play offs twice winning the championship and great escape. But claudio is our man now, and people forget we spent more than half a season looking like we were gone. If people genuinely think that's a blueprint for success then I don't know. You're right, pearson built the foundations for this to happen, but no way would he have done what we did last year, and people need to let go of pearson, be grateful but don't stay hung up on it 

People need to let go of Claudio. The club is now rotten from top to bottom. It has been dismantled. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

 

 

Say what you want about him as a person or a tactician, both questionable. But I thought he ran / demanded the club was run in a way that's better than I've ever witnessed since becoming a fan.

 

I totally agree ....   he laid fantastic foundations and the club was then then taken to the next level by Ranieri.   To be fair to Ranieri now I think he has been totally hamstrung by our lack of quality signings ....    whos fault that is is another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

Great manager for us. Everything revolved around there being a strong group top to bottom. If you didn't fit into the group, you were out, no matter who you were.

 

Remember him putting our Captain in the reserves when he tried to destabilise what he was doing. 

 

Not the greatest tactician, but creating a group that worked for each other from the very top to the very bottom was his strength. Everyone felt part of it, and if you stepped out of line you were gone. 

 

His group mentality was evident in the last half of our first season back in the Prem. We would never have stayed up if he hadn't created that strong group ethic.

 

Now that group feeling has been undone in just over half a season. As Kasper puts it, everyone from the top to the bottom needs to pull together, which says they are not at present. The group mentality has been torn apart. 

 

He wasnt great with the fans or the media, but I liked that. I saw what he was doing and personally I liked him how protecting the group above all else meant everything to him. 

 

Then there was the way he looked, people couldn't get around his dodgy haircut and wanted a more media savvy, stylish guy.

 

Well all that group ethic has now gone. It's clear Claudio and his crew were unable to keep the togetherness of the whole club together and we are broken. 

 

Its at times like this you appreciate what a solid foundation and togetherness means to a club, and what can be achieved by it.

 

I will give Claudio credit for keeping that strong group alive for a season and adding a bit of tactical benefit. But I ain't buying this statue thing with him being such a god when he is unravelling what Pearson put together. 

 

One day, maybe Pearson will get the credit for what he actually did. But I am not sure he will. It's all about what you say and how you look that is important to many, and people can't see past that. 

 

 

Hello Mr Pearson! Enjoying your time off?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Pearson cannot fix this. He left the club in such a situation that his own aura amongst the players would be tarnished. We can't go back to what was a really productive period in the teams history for that reason alone. 

 

One thing about Pearson though, for all his criticism of being rude, abnoxious and insulting. A lot more of the players/coaching staff seem to like him compared to Ranieri. Even the ones who didn't he got the best out of them. Proper management.

I agree, proper management, throughout the whole group. From sports science to laundry lady. One team, proper management. We don't have that now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't keep bleating on about Pearson, I love what he did for the club but things have moved on and so should everyone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

 

I totally agree ....   he laid fantastic foundations and the club was then then taken to the next level by Ranieri.   To be fair to Ranieri now I think he has been totally hamstrung by our lack of quality signings ....    whos fault that is is another matter.

But Pearson would not have stood for that. This is the issue. The signings may now be wrong, but he would have kicked off and those involved would be out. 

He made sure the group was solid, and then when we were in a mess, we had a solid togetherness to get us out of the mess. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×