Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Millwall away pre-match (FA Cup)

Hi All,

Don't post on here much but often read with interest .

Used to be a season ticket holder for many years but not had one for the last 8 but watch/go to as many games as i can.

Anyway changes are needed so wondered what everyones starting lineup would be in the current climate... mine would be:

Schmeichel

Simpson , Amartey ,  Benalouane , Chilwell

Albrighton ,Ndidi , King , Gray

Okazaki , slimani

Bench , Vardy , Musa , Drinkwater , Morgan , Zeiler

Lots of changes but i think this is what is needed as the current starting 11 are pants.

After time to reflect I think I'd go for

Schmeichel

Simpson

Amartey

Benny

Chillwell

Mendy

Drinky (with a few words in the week telling him he needs to buck his ideas up)

Ndidi

Mahrez

Slimani

Gray

Subs: Zieler, Morgan, King, Fuchs, Musa, Vardy, Kapustka

14 hours ago, chicagofox said:

Bring in Okazaki for Gray and otherwise play the same team that played against Swansea. Do the same for Sevilla.  Save the quality players for the next league game.

Like we did for Swansea?

My theory is simple, play the best team you think will win the game, then do the same on Tuesday against Sevilla. 

Our worst performances this season have often been when the side is supposedly fresh.

This has got to be taken seriously. A win and we're in the quarters. We go strong, it's as simple as that.

Kasper

Simpson -- Bennaloyune -- Huth -- Chilwell

Gray -- Ndidi -- Drinkwater -- Kaputska

Slimani -- Vardy

Rest Morgan, Gray and Slimani.

Replace them with Wasilewski, Musa and Okazaki/Ulloa.

Should be a nice destraction from the league and should play fearless, which they haven't been doing in recent games.

Definitely room for trying out some players for the Seville game, i.e Kapustka again, see what Mendy can do, but we should take no risks here.

No Kasper, Slimani, King, Mahrez, Gray, Chilwell, Morgan, Ndidi, Amartey. 

Are we allowed to use any U23 squaddies?

Should be a loveless win to Leicester. 

Kasper 

Simpson

Amartey

Benalouane 

Chilwell 

Ndidi

Mendy 

Gray 

Kapustka 

Mahrez

Slimani 

I'd try this back 4 out for the league if Wague isn't fit yet? Play it against Millwall and see how it works. We can play whoever against Sevilla as we'll get whooped no matter what.

Zieler

Amartey/U23 player

Morgan (c)

Wasilewski

Fuchs

Albrighton

King

Mendy

Musa

Okazaki

Ulloa

Then, vs Sevilla:

Schmeichel (c)

Simpson

Huth

Benalouane (If registered?)

Chilwell

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Amartey

Mahrez

Slimani

Gray

Note: Vardy can Fuch off. Kaputska to come off bench in the FA cup.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper

Albrighton

Amartey

Benalouane

Chilwell

Gray

Ndidi

Mendy

Kapustka

King

Slimani

Gonna be a real battle all over the pitch but especially midfield. This team isn't far off for me. Only concern is Slim not being mobile enough to play up top himself. As for defence, I could end up looking a ball and bat if we play this defence and get spanked but radical changes are required in the hope we find a combination for the remaining league games.

If we go a goal down early - will Leicester's heads drop? The Millwall crowd winding us up, their team playing hard and fast and beating us to 50:50 balls. I really fear for us on Saturday, I can see us waiting for something to happen and if we go a goal down we know what happens this year (except Spurs and Stoke agreed). Our second string are reasonable but no better than a championship team and that would make the match on Saturday very tight. 

Absolutely need to win this for some feel good factor going into Sevilla.

Ranieri should have made multiple changes yesterday to give squad players a league game, where they may have impressed and forced themselves into the starting 11 in Seville.

Now I get the feeling it will be the Derby team here then Morgan/Huth/Fuchs/Simpson/Drinkwater/Mahrez all starting in Seville... Which would be unjust. The 'undroppable champions' have had 5 group stage games to taste the champions league so Claudio does not need to give them all the next game for 'loyalty'. 

I want to see Gray, Benaulone, Chillwell, Musa all starting in Seville and at Millwall. Will probably only be the latter. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Like we did for Swansea?

My theory is simple, play the best team you think will win the game, then do the same on Tuesday against Sevilla. 

Our worst performances this season have often been when the side is supposedly fresh.

The players that have been 'rested' for games have looked just as laboured and disinterested as before in games. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

This has got to be taken seriously. A win and we're in the quarters. We go strong, it's as simple as that.

Kasper

Simpson -- Bennaloyune -- Huth -- Chilwell

Gray -- Ndidi -- Drinkwater -- Kaputska

Slimani -- Vardy

Agree Fox92

would play Musa instead of Vardy and possibly Mendy instead of Kapustka maybe :unsure: but yes something along these lines 

vs millwall, 3-4-1-2/3-5-2:

zieler

amartey, benalouane, wague

albrighton, mendy, ndidi, chilwell

okazaki

musa, slimani

vs sevilla, 5-4-1/3-4-3:

kasper

simpson, wasilewski, huth, morgan, fuchs

mahrez, drinkwater, king, gray

vardy

our usual dross will probs turn up and play out their skin against sevilla.

Archived