Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Millwall away pre-match (FA Cup)

7 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

Kasper
Amartey, Benny, Was, Chilwell
Kaputska, N'Didi, Mendy, Gray
Slim, Vardy

I'd drop the starting 11 - they've been shite.
Drinky looks lost / knackered.  Genuinely think he needs a rest.  
I still think Vardy will have a good run of form this season - he needs a goal to spark his confidence and (surely) his best opportunity right now is against a team like Millwall?!?!
I'd definitely start Slim to add some aggression up front.

Assuming we're winning the game, I'd bring on Wes & Huth to get them into a winning team.  It's massively important for them to feel part of a successful team, even for a small spell.  Probably the same with Mahrez.  

Fixed it for you. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Our best chance of going through is to make the tie and low scoring affair IMO. If we go there with attitude of "we'll score one more than you" then we'll probably get a good beat down. It would nice for them to come to Leicester with the tie at least still in the balance. No harm in stifling them and having Gray and Vardy ready for the counter.

Come on the best chance of us going through would be if their whole first team squad developed a stomach bug before each leg and they had to play their under nines. Reckon they'd still run us close mind you.

1 hour ago, tamil fox said:

Millwall

Vardy

Musa  Okazaki Kaputska

King Amartey

Fuchs Benalouane Wasilewski Simpson

Zieler

Sevilla

Slimani  

Gray           Drinkwater             Mahrez

Mendy     Ndidi

Chilwell                                     Albrighton

Wague Huth Morgan

Schmeichel

Would help if you can make one player from the lower team invisible.

The order of importance of the competitions for me is now PL, FA cup, CL. We're going out of the CL one way or another, and the match falls inconveniently mid week. Much rather that Claudio uses the Millwall match to rehearse a new starting 11 (perhaps replace all or most of the back 4, drop Vardy, Drinkwater, etc). Put the old shit lot in against Sevilla, leaving the new team relatively refreshed for Liverpool.

Assuming even a modicum of success or at least some signs of fight, give the new 11 a few matches to gel and gain some team spirit.

BTW has anyone noticed that the FA cup fixtures all involve a PL team vs a lower league club. Chances of such a draw are very small (roughly 1 in 128 I believe). Makes it look like a fix (not saying it is of course). Probably been discussed elsewhere.

With Ulloa and Slim both fit I'd start the pair of them up front with Albrighton and Gray to sling the balls in and Mendy and King in the middle ...    Benny the Loon and Wague in the middle at the back with Chilwell and Amartey either side.  You could switch Benny and Amartey at half time to see how they both gel with Wague.   Zieler in goal for a bit more practice.  This will (should) be enough to win the game and we can see how the front combo works together and how good the new guy is.   If we look like losing bring Mahrez, Oka and Vardy on with 30 minutes left ...   30 mind not 10 !!

Put the 'first team' out for the CL league game then pick the best 11 for the next league match based on what has happened in the previous two games ....    not on who you think should be the best team but based solely on how everyone has performed in those two games only.  Sounds like a plan to me ...    :) 

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

With Ulloa and Slim both fit I'd start the pair of them up front with Albrighton and Gray to sling the balls in  

Don't you think that just chucking crosses into their box will even out what should be the disparity between the premier league and league 1 ?

we should be trying to impose ourselves on the tie by playing proper football with intensity - not hoofball to two big men. I would think about Leo because of defending set pieces and holding possession high up the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don't you think that just chucking crosses into their box will even out what should be the disparity between the premier league and league 1 ?

we should be trying to impose ourselves on the tie by playing proper football with intensity - not hoofball to two big men. I would think about Leo because of defending set pieces and holding possession high up the pitch. 

Forget that bit then but I think that pairing should be given a chance and this is the perfect game to do it.   It would give us an ariel threat and help defending at corners.   We have 2 games before CR must get his sh1t together on team selection for our fight for survival.

Whatever happens I hope people remember what actually happens in this game. Anyone would think we were Barcelona of 3/4 years ago based on some of the stuff that was written on here post-match after the Derby match.

Remember it's a league one side, these will be about the level Brugge were, maybe slightly worse. Just because we string a few passes together and hopefully get a positive result won't suddenly mean the XI that play are going to do the same against Sevilla, who are pretty good.

Much like beating Brugge, this should be expected and won't be evidence of the players suddenly upping their game. It will be because, collectively they're just better players than our opposition and should be winning.

Happy Thursday :D

Archived