Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Millwall away pre-match (FA Cup)

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Whatever happens I hope people remember what actually happens in this game. Anyone would think we were Barcelona of 3/4 years ago based on some of the stuff that was written on here post-match after the Derby match.

Remember it's a league one side, these will be about the level Brugge were, maybe slightly worse. Just because we string a few passes together and hopefully get a positive result won't suddenly mean the XI that play are going to do the same against Sevilla, who are pretty good.

Much like beating Brugge, this should be expected and won't be evidence of the players suddenly upping their game. It will be because, collectively they're just better players than our opposition and should be winning.

Happy Thursday :D

I agree. I think we will beat them. And when we do we should remember Millwall are a League One side and the victory should be judged accordingly.

And I'm fully aware they've already beaten Watford and Bournemouth.

Oh for the old days;

23 years ago

The Independent Online

Millwall. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0Leicester City. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .0

MILLWALL'S Terry Hurlock, making his home debut after rejoining the club from Southampton, was sent off at the New Den yesterday along with his team-mate, Pat Van Den Hauwe, and Leicester's David Oldfield in the first half of what some saw as a violent First Division promotion match.

Mick McCarthy was one, however, who did not. The Millwall manager could not even remember a malicious tackle. 'I've seen more physical games, played in more physical games, where people haven't been sent off,' he said.

The Leicester manager, Brian Little, told his players to calm down at half-time, but not McCarthy. 'I didn't tell them to calm down. If nine players calm down against 10, you get your backside kicked,' he said.

Hurlock was dismissed after eight minutes for kicking Iwan Roberts. Van Den Hauwe followed in the 33rd minute for a forearm smash in the face of David Oldfield.

Six minutes later Leicester appeared to have two players sent off - Oldfield and Neil Lewis - following simultaneous fouls on Alex Rae and Phil Barber but, after Leicester queries, Lewis returned.

Football eventually surfaced in the second half, which saw Kasey Keller retrieve a chip from Roberts on the goal-line while a last-ditch Colin Hill tackle denied Millwall's Jamie Moralee. But the ugliness returned after the final whistle when David Speedie collected a punch in the face.

Millwall (4-4-2): Keller; Cunningham, Roberts, Van Den Hauwe, Dawes; Stevens, Rae, Hurlock, Moralee; Mitchell, Barber. Substitutes not used: Kerr, Verveer, Carter.

Leicester City (4-4-2): Ward; Coatsworth, Carey, Agnew, Lewis; Whitlow, Hill, Oldfield, Speedie; Roberts, Ormondroyd. Substitutes not used: Joachim, Gibson, Hoult.

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The premier league champions are underdogs to league one milwall?

Does he even hear what he's saying half the time? There's a bloody big problem if that's the case Claudio.

What a stupid thing to say. If he's saying this in the media then what's he saying internally.

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Does he even hear what he's saying half the time? There's a bloody big problem if that's the case Claudio.

lol How humiliating for his players.

Good.

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I'm all for removing pressure by saying this last season... but change the record, our reserves cost more than their stadium and squad most probably. What a ridiculous comment that could only have a negative effect to any player that hears this shit.

Good, I liked it when Claudio basically mugged the players off by downplaying how good we were last season, it worked. Perhaps it'll work again?

Slimani and Ulloa aren't in the squad for Millwall so looks like Musa or Vardy then. Is Okazaki due a run at CF?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Good, I liked it when Claudio basically mugged the players off by downplaying how good we were last season, it worked. Perhaps it'll work again?

Slimani and Ulloa aren't in the squad for Millwall so looks like Musa or Vardy then. Is Okazaki due a run at CF?

An Okazaki run is normally followed by an Okazaki fall :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Keeping their feet on the ground was one thing but they're not going to believe they should be worse than Millwall.

14 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Jesus christ. As champions we should be aiming for 40 pts and now we're under dogs playing a team 2 divisions below us.

Give me Pearson going mental than this clown talking out his arris. I've never seen a bloke continually set the bar so low.

Nice little positive press conference that 

no Ulloa as he is still injured

no Slimani as he has yet another groin problem 

wants to give a 'opportunity' to the players who faced Derby 

We are underdogs to a team who are 6th in League one 

We will do our best but goal is Premier League 

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Doesn't sound like he wants to win.

If we do win. I hope hes not saying this shit ahead of an FA cup quarter final.

Yes it's exactly that, I don't think he was overly fussed against Derby either. If we win, so be it but he's obviously using our grave PL situation as an excuse. Luckily we've fringe players who have a point to prove so are up for it. I hope we get through, it's a tough looking cup this year given who's left in it but with a touch of luck this is our best chance for a long while.

49 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Claudio just said we were under dogs. Look how far we have fallen.

Was just about to post this,whether its mind games or not its and absolutley embarassing disgusting comment,this guy despite what he did last season can **** right off,turned us into a bunch of fannies.

Archived