Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ulloa

8 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Let him rot after his outburst. Quite prepared to sign a lucrative contract when things are going well  but spits his dummy out when not

If you're letting him rot shouldn't we have just sold him?

He never signed a lucrative contract. 

Spits his dummy out when things aren't going well? He was one of the few who stepped up to the plate in our first season. He also stepped up last season whenever called upon. 

Infact we could actually do with him in the starting 11.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

If you're letting him rot shouldn't we have just sold him?

He never signed a lucrative contract. 

Spits his dummy out when things aren't going well? He was one of the few who stepped up to the plate in our first season. He also stepped up last season whenever called upon. 

Infact we could actually do with him in the starting 11.

I like the guy. But do you seriously think he has a place in the starting XI?

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I like the guy. But do you seriously think he has a place in the starting XI?

Yes. 

Would he put more effort in than Vardy? Yes

Is he a better finisher than Okazaki & Musa? Yes

Is he better technically than Slimani? Yes, although Slimani is more clinical in front of goal I'd say. 

He kept his CL squad spot, while Kapi didn't.

Based on that, I'd say his injury is real. But with Claudio in charge, I don't think we will see much of Ulloa anyway. I hope Claudio proves me wrong though. Would love Ulloa to come of the bench and score with his first touch against Seville.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

If your hoofing balls all match, he is the only striker that could profit from that

I see where you're coming from but hoofing ain't the solution. If we go on hoofing we're going down. 

16 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Let him rot after his outburst. Quite prepared to sign a lucrative contract when things are going well  but spits his dummy out when not

Ulloa scored some bloody crucial goals last season and how do you think he felt when the likes of Vardy, Drinkwater and Mahrez were given massive rises.

I know how I would of felt, jealousy has killed the dressing room and it easily could have been avoided.

The owners have been brilliant no denying that, on this though they have got it horribly wrong and it could well end up backfiring in there faces 

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I see where you're coming from but hoofing ain't the solution. If we go on hoofing we're going down. 

Hoofing is the only way we can play at the mo, under CR.  So either CR goes or its goofball, there is no other choice.  If it's goofball, Ulloa is the best we have

Ulloa is out on his ear because he was the only one that had the balls to tell Claudio that his pizza nights in were tragic. 

There is only so much Pavarotti and Subutteo with Italian teams of the sixties these young men can take.

Cant be any other reason for the woeful show in front of both goals this year!

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yes. 

Would he put more effort in than Vardy? Yes

Is he a better finisher than Okazaki & Musa? Yes

Is he better technically than Slimani? Yes, although Slimani is more clinical in front of goal I'd say. 

Not the same profile but yes I agree.

No question. I fully agree.

That's where our opinions diverge. Ulloa is nowhere as dangerous as Slim. I think that people should be more careful about Slim's play without the ball and not forget that he's consistently been played in a position that doesn't suit him (behind the striker). For a guy of his size he's also quite fast. Slim isn't the technically most gifted striker I've ever seen. That's not even up to debate. But if I had to choose between Slim or Ulloa I'd take the former without even blinking.

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Hoofing is the only way we can play at the mo, under CR.  So either CR goes or its goofball, there is no other choice.  If it's goofball, Ulloa is the best we have

Then we're going down.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Not the same profile but yes I agree.

No question. I fully agree.

That's where our opinions diverge. Ulloa is nowhere as dangerous as Slim. I think that people should be more careful about Slim's play without the ball and not forget that he's consistently been played in a position that doesn't suit him (behind the striker). For a guy of his size he's also quite fast. Slim isn't the technically most gifted striker I've ever seen. That's not even up to debate. But if I had to choose between Slim or Ulloa I'd take the former without even blinking.

You asked if I think Ulloa should be in the starting XI 

I said yes because at the minute Vardy, Okazaki, Musa aren't up to it. Slimani is injured so me personally would play Ulloa if he was fit & available. 

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

You asked if I think Ulloa should be in the starting XI 

I said yes because at the minute Vardy, Okazaki, Musa aren't up to it. Slimani is injured so me personally would play Ulloa if he was fit & available

Then I misunderstood you. My bad.

We might need all the decent hard working players we can get next year in the championship after the big time under achieving big money prima Donna's have gone! Players like him Lawrence, James, kaputska, Grey if he stays etc. we need these sort not the dross we have!

He's given us good service and scored important goals. I still think he can be an important player for us and I'd have him in the squad, up to him to take the opportunity when it presents itself though.

5 hours ago, MattCan said:

It's his whining tweet that first made me worry about Ranieri's situation. I hope he can't take advantage of Ranieri's departure.

Not our results as we slipped closer and closer to the bottom 3?  I'm gutted to see him go but you're being ridiculous if you think everything was hunky dory until Ulloa spoke up for not being given a sniff in an underperforming team while other players got to play regardless of their form.  I wasn't calling for his head but there's been fair reason to be concerned for a long time.

I think it's only right to let you know that it really grates to see a man who chose to start supporting Leicester when we were the fashionable plucky title challengers airing his disdain for the club at this emotionally conflicting juncture. If you're struggling to get your head around the club trying to avoid relegation then you were never really a true fan, just another bandwagon jumper and you might as well jump back off.  Otherwise yes it's upsetting but get behind the club fgs.

Archived