Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ulloa

5 hours ago, toddybad said:

Personally thought his two most recent performances show why he fits in here better than slimani.

I can't understand why I keep reading this sort of stuff. We haven't won a single game he's been involved in since his return whereas Slimani was helping us win games. Ulloa may hold the ball up better occasionally but he's no goal threat, he's always involved in a scrap with the defender in the box instead of powering headers in the goal, and constantly gives away fouls. In fact I'd love to see a stat of fouls given away in his last three matches compared to Slimani since he joined.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

I can't understand why I keep reading this sort of stuff. We haven't won a single game he's been involved in since his return whereas Slimani was helping us win games. Ulloa may hold the ball up better occasionally but he's no goal threat, he's always involved in a scrap with the defender in the box instead of powering headers in the goal, and constantly gives away fouls. In fact I'd love to see a stat of fouls given away in his last three matches compared to Slimani since he joined.

How can you say he isn't a threat? He has scored some huge goals for us, including very nearly scoring some important goals in the last few games. A fit Ulloa is easily on par with Slimani. There is no room for both of them though, they are too similar.

I personally prefer a down to earth and give everything Ulloa,  over an over hyped and seemingly injury prone Slimani. But that is of course my opinion.

8 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

How can you say he isn't a threat? He has scored some huge goals for us, including very nearly scoring some important goals in the last few games. A fit Ulloa is easily on par with Slimani. There is no room for both of them though, they are too similar.

I personally prefer a down to earth and give everything Ulloa,  over an over hyped and seemingly injury prone Slimani. But that is of course my opinion.

Not an easy choice but I've no doubt Ulloa could score goals given chance or that he'd be there to do his shift under Shaky. Slimani would score goals too but how often he'd be available i wouldn't like to rely on. I'd still be looking for an additional striker either way. 

17 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Not an easy choice but I've no doubt Ulloa could score goals given chance or that he'd be there to do his shift under Shaky. Slimani would score goals too but how often he'd be available i wouldn't like to rely on. I'd still be looking for an additional striker either way. 

Absolutely agree. Musa has to go in the summer. 

Leaving us with;

Vardy

Shinji

Ulloa

Slimani

Assuming one of Ulloa and Slimani leave that leaves us thin. We need another player who can play the number 10 role, one that is a bit stronger than Shinji.

Ulloa refused to play for the club just a few months ago so he wanted out due to lack of playing time. He's had couple of sub appearances under Shakespeare and now he's suddenly happy to stay here?

Or maybe he just hated Ranieri.

29 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

If we buy a striker, which we will and had to choose between Leo and Okazaki, I'd keep Leo.

Okazaki offers little, and at least Leo puts himself about, and scores goals

I don't think either of them will ever be regular goalscorers at Premier League level.  Slimani is a massive upgrade on Ulloa.  I don't see Ulloa being here next season.

He was already unhappy with the amount of playing time he got in 15/16 (even though he was coming on most games), but put up with it because we were winning. I don't see how even fewer sub appearances now will satisfy his desire for regular playing time.

Nailed on to Brighton.. He should thank the Club after refiusing his move to Blunderland. Leo should bin his agent after that fiasco. 

If Shakey starts using the wing backs formation more with a target man in the middle then he may get more time, although I can't see him overtaking Slimani's role in that formation.

But then we'd only use that formation as plan B to the usual Shinji and Vardy. So we'd be asking him to be a stand in to a plan B formation, and second place sub in the plan A formation.

He's been quite vocal about his ambitions, ones it does not look like we'll be able to fulfill. If we force him to stay he may eventually become disruptive in the dressing room.

5 hours ago, chicagofox said:

I don't think either of them will ever be regular goalscorers at Premier League level.  Slimani is a massive upgrade on Ulloa.  I don't see Ulloa being here next season.

Ulloa has already been a regular goal scorer, as has Silmani. 

Question revolves around £

20 hours ago, foxhateram said:

Down to earth like saying you refuse to ever play for your club again...

2 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

Down to earth like saying you refuse to ever play for your club again...

Come on. The bloke has been nothing but a servant for us and clearly felt a bit disapointed with the way Ranieri treated him/blocked his transfer. 

20 hours ago, foxhateram said:

How can you say he isn't a threat? He has scored some huge goals for us, including very nearly scoring some important goals in the last few games. 

If only those were counted as real goals. Like actual real goals that actually get you real points and win you games.

It's funny that some players are slated for "nearly scoring" while others are praised for doing the exact same thing.

21 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Leo always gives 100% , not always as quick with laying the ball off but offers something different. I would love to see him stay,

Other than when he refuses to play for the club again, of course....

Archived