Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ulloa

3 hours ago, the fox said:

If only those were counted as real goals. Like actual real goals that actually get you real points and win you games.

It's funny that some players are slated for "nearly scoring" while others are praised for doing the exact same thing.

I've never slated anyone for 'nearly scoring'. Matty Fryatt took about 4 attempts at nearly scoring before putting it in the net, but he still slotted home enough to be successful for us at the time. 

Ulloa has scored enougj goals while being here to justify his place, he has looked more effective than Slim recently too. Love the guy and I just can't see why he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Very much like Shinji and King. 

18 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

I've never slated anyone for 'nearly scoring'. Matty Fryatt took about 4 attempts at nearly scoring before putting it in the net, but he still slotted home enough to be successful for us at the time. 

Ulloa has scored enougj goals while being here to justify his place, he has looked more effective than Slim recently too. Love the guy and I just can't see why he doesn't get the respect he deserves. Very much like Shinji and King

1-The last time ulloa scored a goal was in December of last year, he didn't score any goals in his last 7 appearances

The last 3 games, slimani came off the bench and scored against Sunderland and started and scored against Everton while he didn't score against atletico after playing 13 minutes.

2- I like kingy, I like him a lot. A club legend and all and I like him to stay. 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-The last time ulloa scored a goal was in December of last year, he didn't score any goals in his last 7 appearances

The last 3 games, slimani came off the bench and scored against Sunderland and started and scored against Everton while he didn't score against atletico after playing 13 minutes.

2- I like kingy, I like him a lot. A club legend and all and I like him to stay. 

You're points are valid. But I never mentioned goals. Goals are not the only comparative factor of an effective striker. 

8 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

You're points are valid. But I never mentioned goals. Goals are not the only comparative factor of an effective striker. 

Modern football is not so one dimensional, still, a striker's job is always to score as much as possible.

15 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

You can't have one without the other, if you can't score goal then you are not an effective striker. An effective player (a la okazaki), maybe! But not an effective striker. 

They are not everything, but Goals are the most important thing for a striker, end of. 

What can he do apart from flick-ons? I really want to hear.

8 hours ago, Redouane said:

Modern football is not so one dimensional, still, a striker's job is always to score as much as possible.

8 hours ago, the fox said:

You can't have one without the other, if you can't score goal then you are not an effective striker. An effective player (a la okazaki), maybe! But not an effective striker. 

They are not everything, but Goals are the most important thing for a striker, end of. 

What can he do apart from flick-ons? I really want to hear.

I completely disagree with you both. He is a fantastic asset. Who is fantastic at flick ons,  great at holding up the ball, effective at creating space for others and is good at being in the right place at the right time. Give him a run in the team he will also score plenty.

But he offers plenty of other things to justify his place in the squad. I repeat, goals are not the be all and end all of a striker in this league. 

He might not have scored many this season, but he's shown that he can bag plenty when he's the main man and playing regularly- he was a beast for us during the great escape season and the end of last season.

It's not just the goals, anyway- the ball just seems to stick in the final third when he's playing, allowing the whole team to press further forward, start attacks, relieve the pressure when we're defending, etc. As good as Slimani is in the box, he just doesn't offer us that. They're very different players for different scenarios.

Archived