Sign in to follow this  
tickler28

Our Spiritual Home

Come on guys and gals let's face it were done this season. To many matches where we needn't have bothered turning up...to many shit performances....poor marking.....terrible long ball...hideously inept formations.

5 defeats in a row and probably six after Liverpool match.......12 goals conceded 0 scored.

No goals in 2017 in the league. 1 goal scored in 8 league matches.

5 points from last 27 points on offer.

3 points gained from a possible 39 on offer away from home. No wins.

Stuffed by the big boys away not so bad.....getting beat by Hull and Sunderland (yes Sunderland who are bottom) rings alarm bells.

A terrible style of play....One win in last 12 league matches.

Come on guys its time to stop kidding ourselves that's there is any way out of this.

The only surprising thing is the fact we are still 1 point off the bottom three!!! How the hell has that happened?!?!

Were doomed but at least I'll be able to go and see us lose again at Brizzle City!! Yippeeee!!

Edited by tickler28

Altogether now.... Always look on the bright side of life. Doo dooo.. dooo doo doo dooo doo dooo.

• Like 2

We should've gone down two seasons ago, instead we'll be going back to footballing mediocrity having done something none of us expected to happen within our lifetime. It's like winning a shitload on the lottery but not enough to mean you can quit your job at Asda

• Like 2
Logon to remove this advert

5 minutes ago, Lestoh said:

We should've gone down two seasons ago, instead we'll be going back to footballing mediocrity having done something none of us expected to happen within our lifetime. It's like winning a shitload on the lottery but not enough to mean you can quit your job at Asda

It's more like winning the Lottery but losing your Ticket on the way to collect the Money. What a letdown this season has been. The worst part of all is that's all been self inflicted.

19 hours ago, jonthefox said:

FFS . Still 13 games to go. Stop moaning and get behind your team.

Can we moan while still behind the Team?

15 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I don't understand the title of this thread.

Yeah...

If this was in an exam, I'd take a guess at Ashton Gate being the spiritual home. 

Swansea were 100% certs to go down a few weeks ago and therefore 'dead and buried'.

Their defending was utterly comical and they were conceding 4/5 goals a game.

Things can change. Keep the faith. 

:cap:

39 minutes ago, maddog said:

Swansea were 100% certs to go down a few weeks ago and therefore 'dead and buried'.

Their defending was utterly comical and they were conceding 4/5 goals a game.

Things can change. Keep the faith. 

:cap:

But it didn't change on it's own did it?  They got a new manager.

If things spontaneously change for us after 25 games of utter pondwank I'll eat Claudio's hat.

21 hours ago, jonthefox said:

FFS . Still 13 games to go. Stop moaning and get behind your team.

Do we have the Dunkirk spirit in such that we had a couple of seasons ago?

It would be great to get the stadium absolutely rocking again whether or not we are going down. There's plenty of time to turn it around and with the crowd behind them I can't see why we should win 4 out of 7 of the last home games.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

But it didn't change on it's own did it?  They got a new manager.

If things spontaneously change for us after 25 games of utter pondwank I'll eat Claudio's hat.

It will only take one win and the momentum can make a dramatic turn.

We scraped the 2-1 late goal win at home to West Ham and that game could have gone either way, that was the start of the greatest of escapes.

We don't even need to escape yet we're not even in the bottom three.

On 12/02/2017 at 20:35, tickler28 said:

Were doomed but at least I'll be able to go and see us lose again at Brizzle City!! Yippeeee!!

It's been turned into a rugby stadium or summat but at least the backless seats have been removed.

3 hours ago, maddog said:

It will only take one win and the momentum can make a dramatic turn.

We scraped the 2-1 late goal win at home to West Ham and that game could have gone either way, that was the start of the greatest of escapes.

We don't even need to escape yet we're not even in the bottom three.

Well I admire your optimism but we've seen these "turning points" before - Man City, West Ham...

The great escape happened with a tactical change and a determination to just go for it. 

If we just keep plodding on as we are nothing will change.

If we managed to stay up after being bottom all season, then we can definitely stay up when we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season. We all know the players are capable it's just a matter of if they're going to start playing before its too late.