Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CollinsLCFC

Scariest Horror Games you have played.

On 2/17/2017 at 17:52, MC Prussian said:

Growing up, Maniac Mansion was of the rather spooky kind. Same goes for the original LucasArts Indiana Jones adventure games. Speaking of PC games, the first Max Payne was also a revelation because of its narrative, the movie-like structure and the dark, lonely backdrop.

The original Resident Evil (on PSOne) gave me a very good amount of scares, especially when you approach it without consulting a walkthrough first, it's nerve-racking. Great timing, great characters, great scripting.

Parasite Eve is another early gem. Followed by the original Silent Hill.

In recent years, Alan Wake and Dead Space surely stick out. But I thought some parts of Mass Effect 3 were also brilliantly creepy.

Other than that, Resident Evil 7 is really awesome, generates so much suspense through the clever use of music, sound effects and the first-person perspective.

You must have a nervous disposition. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

You must have a nervous disposition. 

Nope. The original LucasArts Indy games had some creepy moments - and I was rather young back then.

Max Payne came with a rather unprecedented creepy, nightmarish atmosphere - part of it down to the narration style. Loved it to bits, but there were definitely some gruesome, bloodthirsty scenes in there.

Mass Effect 3 in parts.

46 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Nope. The original LucasArts Indy games had some creepy moments - and I was rather young back then.

Max Payne came with a rather unprecedented creepy, nightmarish atmosphere - part of it down to the narration style. Loved it to bits, but there were definitely some gruesome, bloodthirsty scenes in there.

Mass Effect 3 in parts.

Did you get that from it? lol I mean the whole series is great and it's not the happiest back story but I think it's more gritty than nightmarish myself.

-Silent Hill 1 through 4.

-Penumbra Black Plague.

-First Amnesia. A machine for pigs wasn't very scary.

-Alien Isolation.

-System shock 2.

-Soma (one of my favourite games of the past few years, incredible story and criminally underrated).

-Outlast.

-Layers of Fear and the DLC.

-Anna.

-Project Zero series.

-Siren series.

-The first Resi scares me in parts. Resident Evil 7 was scary in small parts too, but most only the first hour or so.

-Mad Father (free).

-Ib (free).

-I am scared (free).

Archived