Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont discount this at all. I am somewhat smart enough to know that much (although my responses should show up in the pedantry thread lol).

I just hope you guys find a way to get those swing voters over to the other side once you have a decent candidate. Heck even if you had a better Republican candidate i dont care.

I used to believe that any Republican would be better than him. After all, he doesn't represent the Republican Party. But over time the Republicans decided that it was in their self interest to ally themselves to his populist movement. They thought they could control him and get what they wanted done through him, even if it meant holding their nose while they did it. But the Republican Party has moved more towards his ideals rather than the other way around.  

I think the line in the sand was crossed when the special investigation unearthed evidence that his campaign colluded with the Russians, and the machinery of the Republican party defended him. Congressional Republicans bogged down investigations into the President's wrong doing. Fox News (the media arm of the Republican Party) argued that it was impossible for the President to obstruct justice and they he could, in theory, pardon himself. Average, salt of the earth republican supporters lapped that shit up like it was manna from heaven and accepted their daily dose of propaganda.

To me, that was when the Republican Party jumped the shark. I used to hold certain Republicans in high esteem. I voted split ticket in the past. But now we have a Manchurian candidate in office, and the people who could stop him allow it to happen to further their party's interests. So any candidate who comes up through that party, to me, is just as culpable as Trump. Even if the new candidate is not as vulgar and explicitly offensive, they will be just as morally and ethically corrupt. How could I ever support any candidate that supported such a facist tyrant who exudes racism, sexism, and xenophobia.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Trump doesn't have the right to comment on a hard brexit or Boris making a good PM when he's on a visit to the UK.

Certainly no president in the past has applied pressure like this.

Like when Obama came over and told us all to vote remain (which I did BTW, but not because he told me to).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Loving all these posts making sweeping generalisations on a nation of over 300 million people.

Hmmm...can't speak for others but I reckon there was rather explicit and great efforts from most of the posters here to differentiate between the US in general and the Trump administration (and those who support it) in particular?

The latter is what is being criticised, accusations of the former are simply obfuscations in an attempt to deflect from it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattP said:

30 grand for this, pretty sure someone has taken a decent consultancy fee.

IMG_20180713_124228.jpg

There's a lot of media attention being wasted on a very small balloon.

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Like when Obama came over and told us all to vote remain (which I did BTW, but not because he told me to).

Cameron asked Obama to comment.Trump jumped in as usual. Totally different things. But they both make the same point so whataboutery is not much of an argument anyway.

A packed Jubilee line train to Wembley Park, 9:25pm. A slightly tipsy woman opens up a folded A2 piece of paper to reveal a rudimentary hand-drawn picture of a penis crowned by what is supposed to be the head of Donald Trump. The carriage applauds.

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Cameron asked Obama to comment.Trump jumped in as usual. Totally different things. But they both make the same point so whataboutery is not much of an argument anyway.

Both make the same point? lol

You mean aside from one wanting us to remain and the other wanting the hardest possible Brexit you mean lol

Was at a conference the other week and one of the presentations was about the trans movement.

He said the reason why there was a rise in hate crime against trans people globally was directly because of Donald Trump.

I didn’t want to get into a debate at the time, but how do you quantify the data to make such a sweeping statement 

Trump gets a lot of abuse (some is called for admittidely) but uninformed attacks like that are a bit OTT no? 

Edited by Shane

21 minutes ago, Shane said:

Was at a conference the other week and one of the presentations was about the trans movement.

He said the reason why there was a rise in hate crime against trans people globally was directly because of Donald Trump.

I didn’t want to get into a debate at the time, but how do you quantify the data to make such a sweeping statement 

Trump gets a lot of abuse (some is called for admittidely) but uninformed attacks like that are a bit OTT no? 

I wouldn't go so far as the speaker there, but in various.areas of the US there is much more of a climate of fear among trans folks in particular and the LGBT community in general on account of the current administration, primarily because a. His administration has emboldened those who at least might commit hate crimes against the LGBT community and b. The lawmakers in his administration are pushing for legislation to inhibit general workplace rights and protections for those in the community under the guise of "religious freedom" among other possible laws.

I wouldn't say Trump is the font of all evil in this case but trans folks do have more cause to be worried with his administration in charge.

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I wouldn't go so far as the speaker there, but in various.areas of the US there is much more of a climate of fear among trans folks in particular and the LGBT community in general on account of the current administration, primarily because a. His administration has emboldened those who at least might commit hate crimes against the LGBT community and b. The lawmakers in his administration are pushing for legislation to inhibit general workplace rights and protections for those in the community under the guise of "religious freedom" among other possible laws.

I wouldn't say Trump is the font of all evil in this case but trans folks do have more cause to be worried with his administration in charge.

Interesting, thank you. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t understand how he can just keep calling things that actually happen, fake news and get away with it. It’s both hilarious and mental.

He doesn’t get away with it, though. He’s a laughing stock the world over.