Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Guest MattP

Think yesterday might have been a big turning point in the chance of Trump being re-elected - you just canot under any circumstances stand up there and take the Russian line over American security whatever the situation.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Think yesterday might have been a big turning point in the chance of Trump being re-elected - you just canot under any circumstances stand up there and take the Russian line over American security whatever the situation.

Some people wanted us too over the Novochok incident.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Some people wanted us too over the Novochok incident.

Yep, it's pretty much what you would expect from a Jeremy Corbyn or a Bernie Sanders were they the leader, it wouldn't have been a surprise then.

A Republican though doing it must have hit home, I mean why did he even take the minute if that was the line of answer he was going to give, the whole idea of these things is to make the US President look strong and powerful, for the first time yesterday he looked extremely weak, and that's never good.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yep, it's pretty much what you would expect from a Jeremy Corbyn or a Bernie Sanders were they the leader, it wouldn't have been a surprise then.

A Republican though doing it must have hit home, I mean why did he even take the minute if that was the line of answer he was going to give, the whole idea of these things is to make the US President look strong and powerful, for the first time yesterday he looked extremely weak, and that's never good.

For the first time?

The only way that sentence is accurate is if you mean it was the first time that day. lol 

Edited by Charl91

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I don’t think there is any way back from this for him, even his strongest supporters must be questioning him now? Surely?

Guest MattP
14 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

For the first time?

The only way that sentence is accurate is if you mean it was the first time that day. lol 

Nah I think he fully well recognises how powerful he is, the NATO summit last week was a prime example, he turned up and got his demands for higher spends by threatening to cut the US funding off unless it happened.

This was feeble though, his voice even went higher as he explained why he was taking Vlad's side, he knew it was weak and he couldn't hide it.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think there is any way back from this for him, even his strongest supporters must be questioning him now? Surely?

That's the biggest problem, only a big show of strength against Russia and that won't be good for anybody.

He'll just preach to the converted, claiming fake news. The cretin has given the racists in his Party a voice. They'll probably put up with him doing anything to allow that to continue.

7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

He'll just preach to the converted, claiming fake news. The cretin has given the racists in his Party a voice. They'll probably put up with him doing anything to allow that to continue.

Yeah he'll use one of his three get outs and his supporters will lap it up. He'll either completely deny it, or he'll claim fake news, or the final one is make out it was all a joke, and that people complaining can't take a joke.

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, l444ry said:

To be fair, his party did everything they could to destroy him before he won the nomination, he might have stood under the Republican ticket but he was a close to an independent candidate as you could get.

Very few of his loyalist supporters are active Republican party members.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Yeah he'll use one of his three get outs and his supporters will lap it up. He'll either completely deny it, or he'll claim fake news, or the final one is make out it was all a joke, and that people complaining can't take a joke.

Add to these “Hilary did it” and “Obama did it”.

The top Republican in Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan, said Mr Trump must see that "Russia is not our ally".

Trump is burning bridges with his own party now.

I think he's probably bitten off more than he can chew at this meeting with Putin. 

Standing up before the world and being given the chance to challenge him on election meddling and instead blaming his own intelligence agencies. 

Christ. People are going to be falling over themselves to help Mueller now.

It's beyond comprehension that Trump has now offered Putin the opportunity to 'work with' the investigation team - he is literally handing the case to Putin and once he has it in his grasp he will do everything to manipulate it in his / Trump's favour. 

It's quite unthinkable that this is happening before the eyes of the entire world and it's taking so long for Trump to fall.

He is clearly a traitor, a Russian owned puppet and he is selling the USA down the river. Incredible scenes. 

Treason if I've ever seen it! 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

To be fair, his party did everything they could to destroy him before he won the nomination, he might have stood under the Republican ticket but he was a close to an independent candidate as you could get.

Very few of his loyalist supporters are active Republican party members.

His popularity among Republicans was 90% approval until the caging of migrant children apparently. Hopefully it'll dip even more over the Putin shambles.

Guest MattP
15 minutes ago, l444ry said:

His popularity among Republicans was 90% approval until the caging of migrant children apparently. Hopefully it'll dip even more over the Putin shambles.

You've just made that up haven't you? Republican members, voters, activists, senators? 

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

You've just made that up haven't you? Republican members, voters, activists, senators? 

Don't think it's quite as high as that, but at the same time, it's actually been a point of pride among publications that still support him that he has some of the highest single-party approval ratings ever.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Don't think it's quite as high as that, but at the same time, it's actually been a point of pride among publications that still support him that he has some of the highest single-party approval ratings ever.

I'm sure I remember his opponents posting he had some of the worst even among his own.

Only a handful so irrelevant, but the Republicans I know in Texas and California absolutely hate him and haven't stopped.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm sure I remember his opponents posting he had some of the worst even among his own.

Only a handful so irrelevant, but the Republicans I know in Texas and California absolutely hate him and haven't stopped.

I'll have to do some number-digging at some point, I reckon. :thumbup:

Either way, this is only going to add ammunition for the Dems to go after both House and Senate and basically render him a lame-duck come November.

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'll have to do some number-digging at some point, I reckon. :thumbup:

Either way, this is only going to add ammunition for the Dems to go after both House and Senate and basically render him a lame-duck come November.

He could be gone by Christmas. 

To be honest I can't believe he's thrown it all away over this, why on earth did he take the meeting? It's probably the worst individual political decision in our lifetime, it makes the Cameron call for a referendum on Europe look smooth. 

Oh boy! The middle east and other 3rd-world countries better watch out because everytime a president of the US starts to lose the backing of his country in recent years, they go and start a war. I give it 6 months. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

Oh boy! The middle east and other 3rd-world countries better watch out because everytime a president of the US starts to lose the backing of his country in recent years, they go and start a war. I give it 6 months. 

I was pretty worried that would be the case with either North Korea or Iran. 

18 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

The smart money would be on Iran - the Israelis have been pushing for it for years, and Bibi has Trump's ear.

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Starting a war vs North Korea would be a PR nightmare because the world sees the NK people as victims and Kim is the villain who's oppressing his people(which is true). Plus, they have little to gain when controlling the country seeing that the region is sensitive and they would rather keep a low profile there seeing that they already have Japan and SK on their side. They first need to demonize the NK people with a few terrorist attacks here and there but that would take time.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

The smart money would be on Iran - the Israelis have been pushing for it for years, and Bibi has Trump's ear.

They won't start a war with Iran atm for a couple of reasons. Iran is already eyeing up neighboring countries and is ready to take over one of them. The US can't afford offending Iran or they would just go and make an alliance with Russia (talking about Iran here). 

The US already has KSA and Qatar on their side and the former is already softening Yemen up for the Knight in shining armor to come and save the day (AKA the USA). So Yemen is already down. Oman won't dare speak up or they will get the "treatment". the same goes for UAE. So that area is already under control. 

Seeing that Israel has a saying in what the US does and is now looking for an "expansion" of their "territory", I would say keep an eye on the north-east parts of Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. That's the next target. keep Russia in a safe distance with fake peace talk, gain the favor of Iran and cheer them on in their attempt to invade neighboring countries. fatten Iran, build them up to be the next world villain for the upcoming 5-10 years, use the US influence in India to convince Afghanistan and Pakistan to join the fight against the Frankenstein monster the US built (that's Iran). I won't be surprised if the USA used KSA as a pon to engage Iran and drive them to a war. 

I may be overzealous in my conspiracy theories but looking at the rich history of the US, I won't put it past them. So, let us see.

Edited by the fox