Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Loving the classic..."um..so you know how I said would yesterday? Completely meant wouldn't" lol

Republicans have no balls and will accept that saying well im glad he corrected himself lets move on. 

Guest MattP
9 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Loving the classic..."um..so you know how I said would yesterday? Completely meant wouldn't" lol

lol

So clearly lying as his next sentence after it was to explain why he thought that. Think his PR team have given up.

41 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

So clearly lying as his next sentence after it was to explain why he thought that. Think his PR team have given up.

Normally I'd agree with you and say that this would make him unelectable again...but then I can think of around a dozen different things before now that should have made him unelectable and didn't so really, I honestly don't know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Normally I'd agree with you and say that this would make him unelectable again...but then I can think of around a dozen different things before now that should have made him unelectable and didn't so really, I honestly don't know.

He is a messiah to his supporters. Can do no wrong. Its all fake news.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

This is just so, so different though, we are talking here about a man who has now stood on a stage and backed Russia over his own nation and the people who protect him, whilst doing that also looking like the lapdog of the leader of Russia.

The reason Republicans can't stand guys like Bernie Sanders is because this sort of thing is exactly what they expect from him, you just can't get away with it with blaming American and taking the side of historic enemies.

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is just so, so different though, we are talking here about a man who has now stood on a stage and backed Russia over his own nation and the people who protect him, whilst doing that also looking like the lapdog of the leader of Russia.

The reason Republicans can't stand guys like Bernie Sanders is because this sort of thing is exactly what they expect from him, you just can't get away with it with blaming American and taking the side of historic enemies.

Again, you'd think so, but we'll see.

I do think we could be about to see an almighty schism between those Repubs who will go for Trump no matter what and those who think this was a bridge too far.

59 minutes ago, MattP said:

Agree, it’s worse than kneeling during the National Anthem. That’s why Trump was happy to quickly backtrack with a statement written by someone else.

I wonder what his next gaffe will be?

'Ooops!!! Doya know when I said do nuke China? I should have said do not nuke China. I misread my statement and it was only when I turned on the news that I realised I had made a little mistake. Sorry and I hope noone was vaporised too much.'

On Facebook I have had people on my timeline that they would like him as PM. I know May is the worse thing since shit sandwhiches but Homer Simpson would be a better choice for a replacement.

The man is a habitual liar. You can tell when he is lying when his mouth is open. When his bowells are open is when Fox News are lying for him.

On 17/07/2018 at 18:21, MattP said:

He could be gone by Christmas. 

To be honest I can't believe he's thrown it all away over this, why on earth did he take the meeting? It's probably the worst individual political decision in our lifetime, it makes the Cameron call for a referendum on Europe look smooth. 

I don't think it will have any effect on him. His supporters still love him. Besides, given how Americans are, they are more likely to vote for the Republicans in 2018, and reelect Trump in a landslide in 2020.

The ancient orange is threatening Iran so he could try to control the narrative and limits the self-inflicted damage lol 

And look at this beauty....... 

*Seinfeld Theme plays in the background*

Edited by the fox

Of course this is classical Repub president playbook though.

Dwindling approval ratings across the board and problems at home = "boots on the ground" and supporting our brave boys and girls abroad on another Middle Eastern holiday. Works every time.

42 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Of course this is classical Repub president playbook though.

Dwindling approval ratings across the board and problems at home = "boots on the ground" and supporting our brave boys and girls abroad on another Middle Eastern holiday. Works every time.

Americans get off on being the big bad wolf though so this will make his base jizz in joy.

Trump dont care. Wouldnt be him or his family going to war. Them bones spurs was it?

We need to back away from the US until Trump is out of office imo. As a country and people it and they are our friends but they're being led by a madman. 

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

We need to back away from the US until Trump is out of office imo. As a country and people it and they are our friends but they're being led by a madman.  

I have a feeling people will be saying that about us after our next general election.

6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

His twitter over the past 24h is just mental. 

I think post-Trump, the US should look at curtailing some of the executive power that the President has.

It's downright scary that he can launch nukes without any kind of checks or balances.

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

I have a feeling people will be saying that about us after our next general election.

Corbyn's just a quiet guy with good intentions. The good news is that McDonnell has apparently been talking a lot with Gordon Brown recently so his plans will be grounded in a certain reality. Nervousness will be there over their programme though - they are looking to crack straight into significant policy changes and reform. You know I have my doubts over the leadership but it doesn't have to be all bad. They will be attacked like there's no tomorrow by the establishment from day 1 so I'd personally like to see some pro business initiatives straight off the bat to try to alleviate some of the concerns. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. 

Anyway.....back to Trump.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I think post-Trump, the US should look at curtailing some of the executive power that the President has.

It's downright scary that he can launch nukes without any kind of checks or balances.

This is such an outmoded concept now anyway.

Back when it was first conceived the US had no or little second strike capability, so delegating sole launch authority to the President was just a way of making sure a decision could be reached quickly if enemy missiles were already in the air.

Now, of course, with the measures and resources they have, the US can retaliate at any time and place of its choosing even in the case of a devastating first strike. As such, there is no need for a quick decision made by a single person.