Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1028271447632957441?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^news|twgr^tweet

Still "very fine people on both sides", then.

Edit: Ivanka a little more thoughtful about it, though: https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1028440077658021888?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^news|twgr^tweet

Edited by leicsmac

1 hour ago, Buce said:

The Press united in condemnation of Trump's 'dirty war':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45204397

It's good to highlight it, but sadly I don't think it will make much difference - those who follow Trump have already drawn their lines in the sand and have their own media streams, they in all likelihood will not be reasoned with.

Just now, leicsmac said:

It's good to highlight it, but sadly I don't think it will make much difference - those who follow Trump have already drawn their lines in the sand and have their own media streams, they in all likelihood will not be reasoned with.

Yeah, but the battle for 'hearts and minds' is aimed at the floating voter, not Trump's supporters.

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, but the battle for 'hearts and minds' is aimed at the floating voter, not Trump's supporters.

Right, and that's what it's all about - getting turnout higher than it was in 2016.

However, I think that is going to be a matter of the character of the Dem candidate as much as highlighting the bad stuff Trump has done.

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Yet you moan about the press in this country being pretty united in thinking that Corbyn is useless?cake and eat it I presume?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:26, MattP said:

The press has a duty to report the facts. That is all.

HAHAHAHA, really? Facts? Really?

Not referring to this news piece specifically, but in general.

Edited by Parafox

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

HAHAHAHA, really? Facts? Really?

You disagree that the press has a duty to report the facts?

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

You disagree that the press has a duty to report the facts?

I've edited my post, Yes they do, but how often do they distort and often outright lie about actual events for effect and sales?

Sensationalism is a byword in all areas of press and media. doesn't matter if it's not entirely accurate.

Edited by Parafox

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Parafox said:

I've edited my post, Yes they do, but how often do they distort and often outright lie about actual events for effect and sales?

Sensationalism is a byword in all areas of press and media. doesn't matter if it's not entirely accurate.

Good. So we are in agreement then.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Good. So we are in agreement then.

Yep. I misinterpreted you original reply. :thumbup:

By the way, Freddie Starr really did eat my hamster...

Edited by Parafox