Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Am i on my own actually looking forward to the Liverpool game

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Alternatively there's a position that if the players turn up and put in the level of effort expected then it proves they let down Claudio by not bothering to try under him.

Of course. That's the other side of the coin. Maybe he let us down by not managing the club properly. Who really knows?

Definitely one of the most interesting and mysterious games of recent years. God knows what's going to happen, the atmosphere, the tactics from shakey, the performance. So many things that I'm looking forward to and I'm itching to see what happens tomorrow tbh

5 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

It wouldn't suprise me if we played much better with a higher tempo and workrate but if the real Liverpool show up I fear it won't quite be enough. Looking forward to seeing something different though and a bit of curiosity not quite knowing what to expect. 

That will be good enough for me.

The outsiders think we expect more, got above our station, delusions of grandeur etc. But all we want is effort. The fact that we know what this team can do with effort makes it exciting.

I expect the usual team but playong the leicester way, before proving to shakespeare that that is not enough with huth and morgans forgetting the basics of defending (or even the basics of football)

Small shoots of hope, then a change of at least one of the back 2, then watch us fly.

Tomorrow is about the performance, results start saturday.

5 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

I'm afraid there just no positive outcome here for me.

Do well and I'll resent the team.

Do badly and I'll resent the decision.

Obviously I'd rather we do well but it will lead to some seriously conflicting feelings.

why resent the team if we win? what exactly did the players do to upset you so much? conflicts happen if we assume this is the case and one way or another things went south really fast. Remember these players were giving us the most magic of years last year....same people. It's typically not black and white and the truth will lie somewhere in between  

something had to give with results and performance not budging from failure 

I get really fed up reading comments from our so called fans that the team haven't tried this year and that if we win tomorrow it will prove they let CR down.

I have been to many games (did miss Swansea) and felt the team always tried, but looked lost, disjointed and had a general lack of direction in most games. More and more information is coming out of the woodwork and there is growing evidence that CR was going down the Peter Taylor route and changing just about everything that had previously worked, because he wanted to stamp his own mark. Which if true would upset workers in any walk of life, who have been used to sustained success in the previous system. While I am eternally grateful to CR for last year, it does seem deep down he is something of an autocratic / 20th century style manager, who doesn't hold with modern style ideas.

If we play better and win tomorrow, it will be because the players will using a system they are used to and have a manager playing the right players in the right roles, not that they are trying harder. We will just hopefully play with more confidence and belief, which will up the tempo, sadly missing for much of the last three / four months. 

Whilst I was initially dismayed at CR's dismissal, I now think we had no choice. His history is an average tenure of two / three years per job and perhaps we should have asked questions previously as to why.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow and hope we can silence that non premier league winner Jamie Carragher, with a match winning performance.

34 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I get really fed up reading comments from our so called fans that the team haven't tried this year and that if we win tomorrow it will prove they let CR down.

I have been to many games (did miss Swansea) and felt the team always tried, but looked lost, disjointed and had a general lack of direction in most games. More and more information is coming out of the woodwork and there is growing evidence that CR was going down the Peter Taylor route and changing just about everything that had previously worked, because he wanted to stamp his own mark. Which if true would upset workers in any walk of life, who have been used to sustained success in the previous system. While I am eternally grateful to CR for last year, it does seem deep down he is something of an autocratic / 20th century style manager, who doesn't hold with modern style ideas.

If we play better and win tomorrow, it will be because the players will using a system they are used to and have a manager playing the right players in the right roles, not that they are trying harder. We will just hopefully play with more confidence and belief, which will up the tempo, sadly missing for much of the last three / four months. 

Whilst I was initially dismayed at CR's dismissal, I now think we had no choice. His history is an average tenure of two / three years per job and perhaps we should have asked questions previously as to why.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow and hope we can silence that non premier league winner Jamie Carragher, with a match winning performance.

Completely agree with this. However, not to sound like a negative nelly, it will turn sour incredibly quickly if, for example we concede an early goal. Responsibility once shouldered by Claudio simply passes through an interim manager and lands firmly on the player's shoulders. I feel like they'll perform though, got to be positive in such a huge period of transition for the club. 

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I have been to many games (did miss Swansea) and felt the team always tried, but looked lost, disjointed and had a general lack of direction in most games.

Then you've got very low expectations for effort. What I've seen is a team that looks vaguely interested for the first twenty minutes then goes sod it and is only there to make up the numbers for the remainder.

15 hours ago, dayday said:

pressure off?, if anything it's the other way round.

Everybody thinks we have stabbed Ranieri in the back.

Play well - the players will get Hammered for not trying before,

Play shit- They still don't care, with there big fat pay rises

Damned if we do , Damned if we don't

Absolutely this.......

Liverpool had a fortnight off, lets see tonight....

12 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Can't wait.

Some players have the ability but are not performing due to mentality such as Mahrez, vardy, Drinkwater - I am hoping that we will see a completely different level of performance from them guys.

On the other hand, the likes of Musa, Huth and Morgan just don't have the ability and should not be anywhere near the starting 11.

Can see it being a very similar team to what we have seen all season but if he doesn't start Gray then i hate him already.

But it would be a way of stamping his authority on the team straight away, given that they (reportedly) all thought he should have started in Sevilla....then bring him on 2 minutes into the game to help build on our lead lol

I'm not expecting that much, it takes time to rebuild confidence. You let in an early goal and it will shatter us, we manage to keep it tight and lord maybe even get a goal then we might see the old us.

My gut says the we'll be going with last seasons team pretty much with N'didi for Kante.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Aside from Sevilla this is the first game I have been excited for this season. The element of the unknown and hoping Sharkey takes off the schackles and let's the players express themselves.

Reckon it could be a real doozie tonight!

If the players show passion and spirit and fight it will be a start. I've not seen any of the above this season. Up the city. 

get into them, *&%* them up!. the players should be up for this to show the fans and everyone else that they haven't downed tools and are still prepared to work hard and play for each other and themselves. they need to show the next manager what they can do and are capable of putting in a decent performance and are worthy of a place in the team

Archived