Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

Epididymitis- infected bollock

I am not referring to the way the Foxes have been playing up until Sevilla. 

I went to hospital last night, and was diagnosed with this- has anyone else had it, and how much time off work did you need? I need to be realistic for my boss. 

8 minutes ago, srevell580 said:

Had it before myself and I was in agony. Took a couple of days for the antibiotics to start working but after that no problem. Realistically I'd say 3 days. 

Cheers. That's really useful. Hope it is sorted that quick as paracetamol/ibuprofen aren't doing a lot!

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Looks like antibiotics and painkillers do the job quite quickly as per most med websites on the topic. Should be fine within a few days to a week, as the doc said.

Best of luck with your recovery - must be no fun at all.

Cheers for that. It's a right buggerance living where I do (Weymouth) and not bring able to get out! Although the weather has been crap the last few days anyway!

Thanks for sharing, my world is a better place.

May I regale you with my favourite joke?

I took a man into A&E last night with swollen testicles.

"How did this start"? asked the Doc

"I was trying to shove them up my arse" the man replied

"Rectum" said the Doc

"Oh no, I haven't, have I"?

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Thanks for sharing, my world is a better place.

May I regale you with my favourite joke?

I took a man into A&E last night with swollen testicles.

"How did this start"? asked the Doc

"I was trying to shove them up my arse" the man replied

"Rectum" said the Doc

"Oh no, I haven't, have I"?

You do know it hurts to laugh, don't you?

22 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I am not referring to the way the Foxes have been playing up until Sevilla. 

I went to hospital last night, and was diagnosed with this- has anyone else had it, and how much time off work did you need? I need to be realistic for my boss. 

I was off work for six weeks (total bloody agony). I remained in pain for a few more weeks.I got the infection following the snip, and one bollock was larger than a tennis ball. Stubbed my toe on a table which jolted it, and nearly passed out.

2 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I was off work for six weeks (total bloody agony). I remained in pain for a few more weeks.I got the infection following the snip, and one bollock was larger than a tennis ball. Stubbed my toe on a table which jolted it, and nearly passed out.

Looks like I'm back to the quack on Fri for a sick note then! Mine's certainly not getting better- but doesn't sound as bad as yours- ouch!

From agony on Sunday to bearable discomfort on Friday.... and 2 weeks off work cos the antibiotics fox you up!

Just in case anyone suffers from this in the future. I should imagine if it's a surgical infection it would be a hell of a lot worse!

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

From agony on Sunday to bearable discomfort on Friday.... and 2 weeks off work cos the antibiotics fox you up!

Just in case anyone suffers from this in the future. I should imagine if it's a surgical infection it would be a hell of a lot worse!

Just get a minge installed mate, far fewer problems in the long run.

I keep having reoccurring bouts of this roughly once a year and it's bloody painful to the point that you can't concentrate on anything else! 

Thankfully it is only this and nothing too serious! 

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

I keep having reoccurring bouts of this roughly once a year and it's bloody painful to the point that you can't concentrate on anything else! 

Thankfully it is only this and nothing too serious! 

Well- I had a slight ache for 2 months before it got bad..... warning sign to go to the quacks!

11 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Well- I had a slight ache for 2 months before it got bad..... warning sign to go to the quacks!

Exactly the same as how mine start off! A dull ache for a while which gets worse. Google your symptoms and you almost definitely think you have cancer! 

Archived