Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Anybody want to lend me a Nintendo switch for a month? lol

Seems to be getting really good reviews, I can't help but notice that a lot of the reviews seem to have been done by Zelda fanatics though. I'd like to hear what the game does better than other open world rpg's, but all I keep seeing is "A new Zelda!!! OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!!" They seem to be spending most the review announcing their unwavering love for Zelda rather than explaining why the game is as good as they think it is

I've just watched a review of the Wii U version and he said that its a great game but there are frame rate and pop in issues now and again. Things like that don't really bother me if it is infrequent which he said it is.  Also the GamePad isn't utilised at all. Doesn't Show the map on the pad whilst playing on the tv which is a shame.

Its not the typical Zelda style having such an open world and you can take on the dungeons in any order apparantely. 

Also you will die A LOT in this Zelda which i like the sound of. Give me an extra challenge. All the while looking for weapons to use and cook stuff makes it more interesting.

As long as i have some epic boss battles that's all i'm after. It's what made Twilight Princess so good. The boss in the desert using the spinner and the dragon in the sky temple are right up there as my all time fave Zelda bosses. 

In fact i would love for people to comment on their fave/most hated Zelda bosses. 

I still remember when Ocarina of Time came out and the first boss in the Deku tree, couldn't believe my eyes. What a game 

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've just watched a review of the Wii U version and he said that its a great game but there are frame rate and pop in issues now and again. Things like that don't really bother me if it is infrequent which he said it is.  Also the GamePad isn't utilised at all. Doesn't Show the map on the pad whilst playing on the tv which is a shame.

Its not the typical Zelda style having such an open world and you can take on the dungeons in any order apparantely. 

Also you will die A LOT in this Zelda which i like the sound of. Give me an extra challenge. All the while looking for weapons to use and cook stuff makes it more interesting.

As long as i have some epic boss battles that's all i'm after. It's what made Twilight Princess so good. The boss in the desert using the spinner and the dragon in the sky temple are right up there as my all time fave Zelda bosses. 

In fact i would love for people to comment on their fave/most hated Zelda bosses. 

I still remember when Ocarina of Time came out and the first boss in the Deku tree, couldn't believe my eyes. What a game 

I think I'm going to pick this up on the way home. Must keep telling myself "can't afford Switch yet", despite Argos tempting me with 12 months credit.

I love Zelda but am worried this may not be actually like Zelda - and more like Skyrim or The Witcher?

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I think I'm going to pick this up on the way home. Must keep telling myself "can't afford Switch yet", despite Argos tempting me with 12 months credit.

I love Zelda but am worried this may not be actually like Zelda - and more like Skyrim or The Witcher?

I kno it so tempting to get it on credit lol

a Zelda version of The Witcher 3 sounds even better ?

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Got The Wii U version for now. Have told my son to start pestering mum for a Switch! 

Just starting out now, looks brilliant so far!

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Got The Wii U version for now. Have told my son to start pestering mum for a Switch! 

Just starting out now, looks brilliant so far!

I got my email to say it's been despatched. I only ordered it yesterday so hopefully will arrive tomorrow

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

This is better than both, this game has beautifully put together puzzles, shrines and dungeons things that are important to the Zelda series while doing pretty much everything those games can plus more... the combat is also much better. 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is better than both, this game has beautifully put together puzzles, shrines and dungeons things that are important to the Zelda series while doing pretty much everything those games can plus more... the combat is also much better. 

Sounds good. Can't wait to get my hands on it

It's amazing. There are so many things to do and even though the world is so big, it never feels flat or boring at any point. At least so far! I'll have a place to go in the main quest and I'll instantly be distracted by tonnes of other things on the way there. There are simply so many things you want to explore. And the game lets you get on with it. No annoying Midna, Navi or Fi on your back.

Some of the little puzzles scattered across the shrines are really fun to solve and very much fit into the Zelda format. Combat is great too and you have to really be careful. Weapons break and enemies are not as stupid as they look.

Even the smallest of things can be incredibly satisfying - such as cooking up a delicious meal for Link to tuck into! 

Really enjoying it and will probably spend the rest of the weekend in Hyrule. 

21 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

You mean PARASITIC ARMOURED ARACHNID GOHMA?

I think I had a shit.

36 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Anyone think they've maybe missed a trick in also releasing it for wii u in terms of it being a switch seller ? 

Probably, but that'd leave the WiiU as the only Nintendo console without a Zelda game!

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Anyone think they've maybe missed a trick in also releasing it for wii u in terms of it being a switch seller ? 

They kind of did, but they promised ages ago it would be on Wii U, and they didn't want to let those down that invested in the system...

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I wondered this. If it wasn't available for the Wii U, I would have definitely brought a Switch yesterday. 

Been playing this with my son over the weekend. His first experience of a Zelda game and he's taken to it like a duck to water. He loves it! 

It's great although I'll admit to struggling with the controls /inventory etc. I think it's a shame the Wii U game pad isn't put to use as a secondary screen for the map. 

I'm away for the night In Chesterfield but he keeps facetiming me asking for help!

Arrived yesterday and finally had a go tonight. Played about 3 hours and loving it. I'm just enjoying going Round looking for shrines. I love the fact that it really isn't an easy game. A fight between 3 goblins can b a danger. 

So far so good. I'm away on a course in London all next week. Will b having a blast on this every night. 

The cooking element to this is so important. Makes the game so much more intriguing. Also I hav found Stamina is crucial. 

I spent one hour last night just cooking foods (gets more interesting when you leave the plateau). And then went to bed at 1am... and I've got work today! 

Just loving it, especially the "Blood Moon"!

3 hours ago, Phube said:

I spent one hour last night just cooking foods (gets more interesting when you leave the plateau). And then went to bed at 1am... and I've got work today! 

Just loving it, especially the "Blood Moon"!

I love it also. Really want to get further into the story and get to my first boss fight but I end up wandering around and killing animals for various ingredients and experimenting with my cooking skills.

I thought the controls were a bit fiddly to start with but getting more and more into it now.

Cant wait to get to my hotel and have a blast on it

Archived