Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Had a few more hours on this. Can't quite believe how big this map is. I set my destination and before I kno it I'm off exploring looking for shrines and secrets. Just climbed up my 3rd tower and the map I've unlocked is HUGE and I've barely scratched the surface. I can c myself playing this for 200+ hours easy. Currently hav 5 hearts and a quarter extra stamina. 

Found a massive skeleton that killed me in 1 hit. Love that there is a serious challenge in this game. You can't just waltz into a fight knowing you will win. U hav to plan. Will carry on tomorrow

Currently at work and only thing on my mind is this game - where should I go next, should I sell some shit and get better armour, should I opt for hearts or stamina? Can't wait to get home and get back into it!

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Currently at work and only thing on my mind is this game - where should I go next, should I sell some shit and get better armour, should I opt for hearts or stamina? Can't wait to get home and get back into it!

The first upgrade I got was stamina which has made a huge difference early on with finding shrines in higher places. Now I have 5 hearts I think I can now get another stamina bar on my next upgrade. I brought a hood in the shop in Kakariko village then 5 minutes later inside a shrine I find a hood with the same defence but also with faster climbing :ermm:

I've also found a fair few of the Korok seeds. Keep an eye out for random things like in Kakariko village and apples (wont give too much away).

This course i'm on is an absolute killer. 8:30-5:30 listening to stuff that I already know. Just want to get back to Hyrule and explore some more lol 

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

The first upgrade I got was stamina which has made a huge difference early on with finding shrines in higher places. Now I have 5 hearts I think I can now get another stamina bar on my next upgrade. I brought a hood in the shop in Kakariko village then 5 minutes later inside a shrine I find a hood with the same defence but also with faster climbing :ermm:

I've also found a fair few of the Korok seeds. Keep an eye out for random things like in Kakariko village and apples (wont give too much away).

This course i'm on is an absolute killer. 8:30-5:30 listening to stuff that I already know. Just want to get back to Hyrule and explore some more lol 

I've been away since Sunday afternoon with work (in Chesterfield of all places), just got back now and my son has really got stuck into it! Might have to have a blast later on and see what he's left me to do!

Just beat the first boss last night. Really puzzle-heavy dungeon which was quite cool. Very different to previous Zeldas! Boss fight was great. I liked how I didn't have to beat him by using a specific weapon obtained during the dungeon. They've really renewed the Zelda format with this game!

Reveal hidden contents

Just beat the first boss last night. Really puzzle-heavy dungeon which was quite cool. Very different to previous Zeldas! Boss fight was great. I liked how I didn't have to beat him by using a specific weapon obtained during the dungeon. They've really renewed the Zelda format with this game!

Mustn't click spoiler. Musn't click spoiler....

I clicked straight on the spoiler lol. Sounds interesting.

i only had an hour on it last night. Went out for a curry and only started playing at 10:30pm. I nodded off in the chair in my hotel room lol 

I just got to Hateno village so no idea if that is near the first boss. Can't wait to get to it but can't help but run around doing side quests

41 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I clicked straight on the spoiler lol. Sounds interesting.

i only had an hour on it last night. Went out for a curry and only started playing at 10:30pm. I nodded off in the chair in my hotel room lol 

I just got to Hateno village so no idea if that is near the first boss. Can't wait to get to it but can't help but run around doing side quests

You have your wii-U in the hotel? Or did you cave in and buy the Switch?

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

No I took it down with me. Get bored of drinking every night

I did think about taking mine - as it turned out the room had a pretty decent tv, but of course the kids would have not been happy if I did!

Had to content myself with watching Chesterfield locals getting leathered on £ 2.09 per pint beer and then getting thrown out the pub.

Went close to Hyrule Castle for the first memory. The tower was a nightmare to unlock with the machines locking onto you when climbing the tower. Managed to find the first memory. Got to Zora's Domain last night going for my first divine beast. What a mission it was just to get to Zora's Domain. Such a tough journey. Finding monsters that kill you in 1 hit so I found myself running and dropping bombs. Graphically looks amazing and looking forward to carrying on. The shock arrows are amazing.

Has anyone got any tips with defence? I find myself losing so many hearts just from 1 hit. I suppose I need to master parrying. Also has anyone fought a guardian yet? I've avoided them completely as I assume I cant take one down

Parrying with the shield is effective as is dodging attacks so you can do a flurry rush. Parrying apparently does the trick against guardians, too. I've never fought one though. I always just leg it!

I guess I still have the old Zelda style in my mind where I just rush in. Need to do some practising on weaker enemies I think. Who did you go to first? Im saving the Zora's first

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I guess I still have the old Zelda style in my mind where I just rush in. Need to do some practising on weaker enemies I think. Who did you go to first? Im saving the Zora's first

Good idea :) I try to use the Sheikah Slate as much as possible, too. Weapons break easily and it's kind of annoying wasting good ones on bokoblins :P Yep, I went to the Zoras first as well!

3 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Good idea :) I try to use the Sheikah Slate as much as possible, too. Weapons break easily and it's kind of annoying wasting good ones on bokoblins :P Yep, I went to the Zoras first as well!

Will see how long it takes me to finish the zora section. I just arrived at Zora domain and done the shrine. Looking forward to the story progressing a bit.

I hav now just beat my first boss. Died so many times on the 2nd part so left and restocked up and beat him no problem. A good dungeon with an interesting twist to it. Starting to get more into the game now but gonna focus on finding more shrines and having more health. Also want to find the Master sword. Wonder where it is. I refuse to read a guide

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Does anyone know how much I could pick up a second hand Wii U for? I have looked on Ebay but I am a bit confused between the packages etc, All I would want it for is to play on this and Mario Kart. Cheers!

I *think* there are two main versions - an 8GB "basic" model and a "deluxe" 32gb version. Avoid the 8gb version as that is practically no space at all. The 32gb version comes with a charging dock for the game pad. 

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I *think* there are two main versions - an 8GB "basic" model and a "deluxe" 32gb version. Avoid the 8gb version as that is practically no space at all. The 32gb version comes with a charging dock for the game pad. 

Cheers, picking one up tomorrow morning lol .

Now I know it's a Nintendo title so you don't judge it on the same performance based criteria as you would most other games but I've been hearing a lot of talk about frame rate issues in this title across both platforms.  What's the experience of those playing it, how much does it affect the experience?  And which console are you playing it on?

Archived