Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I wont write anything else about the final boss as I want you to see for yourself and see how you do against him.

I carried on playing after I beat Ganon. I went around and found the last 3 memories I had. So now I have found them all. I also stumbled upon the Hylian Shield with a defence of 90 :blink:

I agree with your above point about food. Far too easy to make a load of meals and basically become invincible whilst not actually being invincible lol.

I will keep the game as I am a huge Zelda fan and will still enjoy playing it completing the side quests etc. Hoping that the DLC that comes out will be worthwhile.

20 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Will get back to you once I've sorted him out :thumbup: Might be a while as I'm still enjoying exploring and fighting some of the bosses scattered across the open world.

The one in the desert done a number on me. Killed me straight away. I will have to go back and work out how to beat him

Still early days for me in terms of main storyline so cheers for putting the final boss stuff in spoilers.  Just about to start my first robot creature dungeon (the one in the Zora domain).  

Pleased to say after my previous comment that the combat difficulty ramps up on a fair few occasions.  Mostly it's something as cheap as overloading you with strong enemies but it works to make you stop and think for a second about your approach and I'm not too proud to admit I've let some gangs gank me on numerous attempts before succeeding.  Biggest props go to the Lyonel, got caught way off guard with my first one and ended up taking something like 7 or 8 reloads before I stopped panicking and figured out a fairly foolproof approach:

constant backflips/side-jumps until you time it right to trigger a frenzy (which handily seems to happen more frequently than with other enemies), rinse, repeat, then stick close when he's doing his fireballs.and deal charge damage when they exhaust him, rinse, repeat as applicable.  In other words the same as most Zelda non-boss monsters:  You just have to learn his attack pattern and not be a sopping vagina just because a big scary lion horse is destroying all your shields while you're being an idiot and inexplicably trying to stand and block his attacks despite everything Zelda should have taught you over the years and already reaffirmed in the hours you've been playing this game.  You moron. 

:D

.  Even once you get your timing more or less down those guys pose a real challenge if you don't have a good weapon to deal damage with... even if you do have one they're still pretty dangerous with their high damage.  Felt like a real accomplishment when I finally took him down.  Bodes very well for the other big nasties I haven't come across yet.

On the other hand I'm a bit underwhelmed with the enemies in the various 'test of strength' shrines telegraphing their moves so much it's actually more of a challenge to take damage meaning the fight basically becomes a test of how durable the weapons you're currently carrying are (which in fairness can make the fights a bit sketchy early game but that's about it).

As another minus point:  As nice as the world is, the settlements I've been to so far don't have anywhere near the same amount of character as in previous Zelda titles.  They feel a lot more sterile, there doesn't seem to be much to do in them other than speak to main storyline characters and so far there's not been much reward to exploring every nook and cranny but years of Zelda have conditioned me to do just that so I'm stuck in a vicious cycle of disappointment lol The side quests too don't have the same charm so far.  Instead of something like the hunt for weird masks in Ocarina which you'd dip in and out of the quest organically throughout the game, it's so far been go fight some enemies or fulfill a minor task, return to the quest giver, finished.  Still early days though still, maybe I'll come across some side quests which require more of a commitment later much like how I've been proven wrong about the combat difficulty, but it could also be a mechanic that had to be sacrificed for the free-roaming label, we'll see.

4 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Currently doing the Tarrey Town side quest. One of the best side quests in the game imo! Top music in Tarrey Town too. 

Tarrey Town is fun. I messed up on 1 part which I won't mention. Want to see if u fall for it as well lol. I've just been going around killing guardians and upgrading armour. Managed to unlock the last fairy so have really strong armour now. Went exploring last night around the NW snow mountain but. Almost hav my 3rd stamina wheel. Stamina is so important in this game.

i agree with carl about the side quests. A lot of them are fetch quests but there are some interesting ones as well. 

As a tip if U haven't already. Upgrade your Stasis rune. That helps out massively when fighting lynels etc

Just beat Ganon. I really enjoyed the first part of it, I must say. The Dark Beast bit seemed a bit silly and super easy. But I did like the Calamity Ganon bit. 

The food thing needs changing. I had 15 meals ready but only used 3 or 4. Eating all the time kind of makes you invincible in some way! 

It's a 10/10 for me. Enjoyed it immensely. Played 60 hours so far and still interested in doing side quests and finding the shrines. Don't think I'll bother with the Korok seeds :D Missed the traditional dungeons at times, but this game made up for it with several jawdropping moments. Simply exploring the world completely blew me away. BOTW goes in at 2nd place on my favourite Zelda games, but it's so close to 1st. I just can't see any game giving me what OoT gave me 20 years ago. But what a phenomenal effort it was! 

Just creeps into 3rd spot for me. 

1. Twilight

2.OoT

3. BOTW

Defo agree with the food. 

Ill still play it but now I've done it I might start a new game on Twilight princess. My daughter has enjoyed watching me on BOTW I want to see if she likes TP. 

I'm currently in 70 odd hours and have still only done one divine beast! 

But it I do have 13 memories, 117 Korok seeds, and 45 shrines done.

Honestly, this game is like crack for us procrastinators!

Even though I have finished the game I still find myself drawn to playing it. I have beat Ganon twice now (after finding all memories to see if there was an alternate ending)

I found myself the blue dragon which I saved. My guardian armour is almost all max level (I haven't found a stronger armour).

I just keep looking at the map, look at where there is a big area with no shrines and go explore. Found some interesting things along the way.

I know there is DLC coming in the summer which has a Hard mode. That i'm hoping will give the game a new lease of life. It does annoy me tho that they have got an extra dungeon coming in the DLC. So instead of bulking out the main game they are charging us more money for the luxury.

Modern gaming hey

On 28/03/2017 at 14:53, kingcarr21 said:

Even though I have finished the game I still find myself drawn to playing it. I have beat Ganon twice now (after finding all memories to see if there was an alternate ending)

I found myself the blue dragon which I saved. My guardian armour is almost all max level (I haven't found a stronger armour).

I just keep looking at the map, look at where there is a big area with no shrines and go explore. Found some interesting things along the way.

I know there is DLC coming in the summer which has a Hard mode. That i'm hoping will give the game a new lease of life. It does annoy me tho that they have got an extra dungeon coming in the DLC. So instead of bulking out the main game they are charging us more money for the luxury.

Modern gaming hey

Mate I don't know where you get the time! 

11 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Mate I don't know where you get the time! 

I only play once the kids are in bed. Couple of hours a night whilst the wife is at work.

done the eventide island side quest. That was fun. Getting a little bored now tho of just running around so may have to start thinking of my next game to get (thinking Horizon Zero Dawn).

My daughter has got a boiled egg competition at school for Easter. All her friends doing Beauty and the beast or Finding nemo or something boring like that. My daughter wants to do Zelda Breath of the Wild ?? We made a start so will post pictures some time next week when it's complete 

3 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Looks cool that. Guardian is ace! Still playing this game to death btw and got to 78 shrines now.

Apparently, I've played more than 75 hours, but I've completed less than 18% of the game! :o

I haven't been on it for over a week I reckon. Bit bored now. Think ive done 69 shrines and im about 20% complete (not sure how that works, maybe I have more korok seeds) I wont get rid of the game though as im sure I will go back to it

Ive started a new game on twilight princess now.

I have a lot of armour upgraded aswel that maybe why my completion is higher

10 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Looks cool that. Guardian is ace! Still playing this game to death btw and got to 78 shrines now.

Apparently, I've played more than 75 hours, but I've completed less than 18% of the game! :o

How do you know the % complete of the game?

I'm 105 hours in. I have 3 divine beasts, all 12 memories, 71 shrines and 184 korok seeds. 

7 hours ago, Phube said:

How do you know the % complete of the game?

I'm 105 hours in. I have 3 divine beasts, all 12 memories, 71 shrines and 184 korok seeds. 

Once you beat the main quest the completion percentage appears on Link's iPad. You also get to see how many side and shrine quests there are.

178 koroks is pretty good! I only have 22 koroks, but I haven't been looking for them at all yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 18:13, Captain... said:

My copy has been dispatched :scarf:

But my Switch hasn't :(

You're in for a treat when everything arrives! Currently hunting the Korok seeds, but it's a bit of a chore tbh. And today the Zelda machine also becomes a Mario Kart machine, so might leave BOTW for a while.

39 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

You're in for a treat when everything arrives! Currently hunting the Korok seeds, but it's a bit of a chore tbh. And today the Zelda machine also becomes a Mario Kart machine, so might leave BOTW for a while.

I now have Zelda, Switch should come today as long as Yodel don't leave it under a bin somewhere, Mario Kart is also on it's way.

On 28/04/2017 at 09:45, VinceNoir said:

How many have you found?

I've found 3 Korok seeds on my travels (only just got to the first dungeon)

I've not really been looking for them, just if anything looks like a puzzle I'll do it.

The First DLC sounds good. Trials of the Sword, Hero Path Mode, Various Masks (like a korok mask to help find the seeds), treasure chests with outfits in to find, create your own fast travel and Hard Mode. I haven't turned this game on for weeks so may have to get back into it

Archived