Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Hair when you start to get old

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don't think your hair disappears when you go bald, it just reappears in different areas. Nose, ears and bushier eyebrows. That's why you baldies look ridiculous :ph34r:

The first time that you are sat in a barber's chair and they ask "Eyebrows?" is a moment when you can sense that the Reaper is after you.

When I recently started using a Turkish barber, the conversation went:

"Eyebrows?"

"Yes please"

"Nasal wax?"

"U wot m8?"

At that point I could feel the Reaper's hand on my shoulder.

On reflection it was probably the hand of Ahmed the Barber...

Just now, Vacamion said:

The first time that you are sat in a barber's chair and they ask "Eyebrows?" is a moment when you can sense that the Reaper is after you.

When I recently started using a Turkish barber, the conversation went:

"Eyebrows?"

"Yes please"

"Nasal wax?"

"U wot m8?"

At that point I could feel the Reaper's hand on my shoulder.

On reflection it was probably the hand of Ahmed the Barber...

Feel young again now. Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Late 40s.

Not receding.

Only a little bit of salt and pepper, colour-wise.

Have that.

:D

Same. Double in your face TPH! Actually, not quite the same, mostly grey (or as I prefer, silver) now.

Im thinning on top for the last 7 years or so. Upper 30s. Sides are thick and normal  which is just not fair.

Got tonnes of grays. I usualy just cut my hair all over to be like 1/8 inch max. Problem is the sides  grow back faster than the top. First world problems.

Razor time soon enough. 

Went grey at 23... dyed it until 40's very fine hair so now there is that ever so slight bald patch at the crown that i dont know about until the bastard barber (who has also started offering eyebrows and now snips inside the ear!!) shows me the mirror in mirror view after a cut. 

Damn you!, dont show me and i wont know!!

Started to recede slowly from the age of 16! I was always wary of it and obsessive at times lol

Luckily I got away with it for many years as my hair although short was very thick however now I'm 24 I have started to notice the old 'M' head appearing :sweating: and my hair becoming ever thinner! 

Genuinely debating whether to have a 'Wayne rooney' hahaha! 

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

Started to recede slowly from the age of 16! I was always wary of it and obsessive at times lol

Luckily I got away with it for many years as my hair although short was very thick however now I'm 24 I have started to notice the old 'M' head appearing :sweating: and my hair becoming ever thinner! 

Genuinely debating whether to have a 'Wayne rooney' hahaha! 

Go Mach 3 or Belgravia - I'm not sure there's an inbetween!

Never heard of Mach 3 but have seen belgravia centre online...some of the before and after photos are horrendous :sweating:

just realised a mach 3 is a razor lol

i think I'll avoid that for aslong as possible! 

14 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

It's quite a specific thread so not one for you twitter using millenipricks 

has anyone else encountered the receding hairline and how have YOU dealt with it ?

Foxestalk. Helping real men deal with real issues. 

By not defining myself by my hair. :thumbup:

30 now, thin on top. Started losing it at EIGHTEEN which was shit, but it hasn't actually progressed much since. When I realised, I wet shaved for years, now just electric shave but really short. A couple of times I tried to kid myself and grow some, cutting it short on back and sides but people know and when you see a bad photo in the wrong light it looks ridiculous. I'd kill to have a full head of hair again

14 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Apparently you're more likely to take after the men on your mother's side of the family........which gave me nightmares when I was younger.  They couldn't have put together a whole head of hair between them.

45 years old & it's all still there.  My dad's nearly 70 & has a full head of hair.  Here's hoping!

I have a lot more grey hair than I'm willing to admit to myself.

61 and a full head of grey hair. My dad had all his hair at 90. I'm hoping too.

Strangely I'm growing extra hair in places I don't need. eyebrows, nasal hair, hair growing out of my ears, literally. I got my first ever nose hair trimmer at Christmas :(

Hairdresser now asks if I want my eyebrows trimming. She's gorgeous so I say yes just to keep her by my side for an extra 2 minutes :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

61 and a full head of grey hair. My dad had all his hair at 90. I'm hoping too.

Strangely I'm growing extra hair in places I don't need. eyebrows, nasal hair, hair growing out of my ears, literally.

I got my first ever nose hair trimmer at Christmas :(

Got myself one of those a while back.  What I would consider an 'essential' bit of kit.  It's like a mini-clippers that comes with an attachment that are great for giving the eyebrows a No.2

after having long hair all my life,i started to go bald in my early 40s,immediately shaved it all off and kept it as a grade 1 since,people now days think i look weird when i show them pictures of me with hair lol

63 next week..Full head of hair. Greyhair, but that started when I was 22.

My son now 32 has a receeding hairline in the corners.No greyhair.

My father had a receeding hairling, for many years but still kept a good crop until

he passed away at 80.

I am 65 yet still have a good head of hair. More grey though. Sometimes I wish it was receding. It can be a mess sometimes and bald peopl say I need it cut a fortnight after I have been barbers. It's not thength but the thickness of it on top. Keeps my head warm though so it's not all bad. My 3 brothers all have receding hairlines as did my dad at 49 when he passed away 40 years ago so I don;t know where it comes from. When I was born it was like an Afro.

I don't get the numbers system. The hairdresser asks what number and I say Just tidy it up. I think 3 is pretty safe one to ask for.

It's strange TPH, you talking about being plump and middle aged and going bald. I remember you as a young man chasing a ball around on the Local Hero's car park before matches. Not a care in the world those days now complaining about the 'youth of today'. You have turned into your dad. Don't worry it happens to us all eventually.

Archived