Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Hair when you start to get old

It bothers me going bald. I remember when I was a kid, balding blokes went for the ridiculous comb over. I however have gone for the modern version of this, which is the equally ridiculous cone. 

Struggling to find a decent solution, because there isn't one.

Did look at a transplant, but results are at best sketchy and so don't want to do something that could potentially put me in a worse position. If it was guaranteed I would do it, but it's clearly not when you see results and as an example, it looks like Rooney's hasn't been a plain sailing job. 

The thing that gets me is when you see old blokes with full heads of hair with crap styles. I'd pay fortunes to be able to have their hair yet they don't appreciate it.

Currently know a number 2 is around the corner, but am resisting it. 

On 03/03/2017 at 20:07, The People's Hero said:

It's quite a specific thread so not one for you twitter using millenipricks 

has anyone else encountered the receding hairline and how have YOU dealt with it ?

Foxestalk. Helping real men deal with real issues. 

Two of my sons experienced this in their youth and shaved their heads. Apart from almost guaranteeing them being stopped at customs,  they've never looked back. Me I never look at mirrors. I can't stand the sight of them, :D

50 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Mid-late twenties and I have more hair than I know what to do with.

And if anyone needs a transplant, my anus looks like the forest moon Endor so you'd be doing me a favour.

Is that not the transplant Rooney got?

326369_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

It bothers me going bald. I remember when I was a kid, balding blokes went for the ridiculous comb over. I however have gone for the modern version of this, which is the equally ridiculous cone. 

Struggling to find a decent solution, because there isn't one.

Did look at a transplant, but results are at best sketchy and so don't want to do something that could potentially put me in a worse position. If it was guaranteed I would do it, but it's clearly not when you see results and as an example, it looks like Rooney's hasn't been a plain sailing job. 

The thing that gets me is when you see old blokes with full heads of hair with crap styles. I'd pay fortunes to be able to have their hair yet they don't appreciate it.

Currently know a number 2 is around the corner, but am resisting it

:giggle:

Guest seanfox778

I'm 30, started to notice that I can see my scalp when my hair is wet after a shower, once it dries it's not noticeable so I no longer put gel or anything in my hair. Terrifying stuff. 

On 03/03/2017 at 20:07, The People's Hero said:

It's quite a specific thread so not one for you twitter using millenipricks 

has anyone else encountered the receding hairline and how have YOU dealt with it ?

Foxestalk. Helping real men deal with real issues. 

Turbanate my friend

'I used to worry about my hair going grey now I worry about having hair to go grey'

Kojak :)

Young little shiits that have worked for me would comment about me loosing my hair, I used to get back with 'I'll look less silly in a hat than you with a mask' ......Now feck off!!!

Usually the same scotes that would say 'your getting old'  Duuuurr!!  'Well yes, that's a far better prospect than the alternative'

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

No men in family go bald, but they all go grey quickly. I'm 23 and have found the odd grey hair, but I just pluck it out. I'll probably have about 5 dark hairs when I'm 50 and look like Homer. 

As long as you don't have his social skills.

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Turbanate ...

Turbanate !! ....      Turbanate !! ....       Your avatar is David Tennant ....        And your name includes 'Doctor' ! .....

i think I know WHO you are ! .....      :thumbup:

Late 40's Salt and pepper coloured  and been thinning out for years on top, go for a ahem Number Two all over. If it gets too thin I'm just going to shave it.

Don't have much but what is it with the ear hair ?

I'm 22 and it's receding at the front on both sides and little bit on my (double) crown. Literally nobody I've met in my family is bald so it's just my luck. Dunno how long I'm gonna get away with covering it but it really pisses me off. 

My mate who has it bad is taking finasteride which stops it but has some terrible potential side effects!

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Scary stuff this thread.

I don't wanna lose my Beatles haircut.

795252c770a15730acd2e104a068f318.jpg

Is that George H with the lady who left him for Clapton?

Shoulda had a blade 2 all over.

Archived