Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

lied to by Politicians

I voted leave but my decision had nothing to do with immigration. I was undecided until late and still unsure now. I just think a lot of money goes to run the EU. Then there are jobs for the boys as EU MP's who may attend once or twice a year at meetings. These are just small things. The ones saying remain may have been saying it out of self interest.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I probably ought not speak ill of the dead, but the father-in-law was an Alf Garnett type, lacked intelligence or education, and they both bought into the Leave campaign propaganda (NHS money, millions of Turks on the way). 

I don't believe they were alone in this, but whether enough people believed it to affect the vote, I couldn't say. 

So is your mother in law regretting her decision (I forgot about your father in law, apologies), or is she still happy with her choice?

13 minutes ago, Buce said:

I probably ought not speak ill of the dead, but the father-in-law was an Alf Garnett type, lacked intelligence or education, and they both bought into the Leave campaign propaganda (NHS money, millions of Turks on the way). 

I don't believe they were alone in this, but whether enough people believed it to affect the vote, I couldn't say. 

Believe .... There were plenty of racist votes, my parents included. With my open mind and economic background I can see the need for low paid immigrants....  even the Romans did that!

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Believe .... There were plenty of racist votes, my parents included. With my open mind and economic background I can see the need for low paid immigrants....  even the Romans did that!

And here, in Weymouth, you are about as likely to see a Pole as you are an Asian or Afro type person. Basically, it is white middle england down here.

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So is your mother in law regretting her decision (I forgot about your father in law, apologies), or is she still happy with her choice?

No worries, Strokes. 

Tbh, I haven't discussed it with her. 

There is a good chance my life will be negatively affected by Brexit as I live and work in the EU and have a lot of friends and family from various European countries living in the UK. I don't hate brexiters, there were legitimate reasons to vote out and what's done is done. The last thing we need is more division. If people researched the EU and the consequences of leaving and voted out, fair play.

However, I do get rather pissed off when I read posts (naming no names) that are so full of obvious generalisations and cliches about politicians and 'gravy trains' etc. That goes for any vote. Seems some people base all of their democratic choices on the assumption that politicians are all liars and parasites. Do your homework at least before voting ffs, whichever way you vote.

5 hours ago, bovril said:

There is a good chance my life will be negatively affected by Brexit as I live and work in the EU and have a lot of friends and family from various European countries living in the UK. I don't hate brexiters, there were legitimate reasons to vote out and what's done is done. The last thing we need is more division. If people researched the EU and the consequences of leaving and voted out, fair play.

However, I do get rather pissed off when I read posts (naming no names) that are so full of obvious generalisations and cliches about politicians and 'gravy trains' etc. That goes for any vote. Seems some people base all of their democratic choices on the assumption that politicians are all liars and parasites. Do your homework at least before voting ffs, whichever way you vote.

How about if your research showed that politicians are liars and parasites?

Archived