Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

Do you eat/treat strange food ingredients?

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but I was wondering if anyone else has peculiar food "habits" - NOOOO, not that one.

I thought about this when I read today about someone putting orange marmalade on sausages, which sounds bizarre to me. But then again, when I do baked beans on toast, I always rinse out the tin, and the last bit of sauce, with a splash of milk. My wife says she's never heard of anyone else doing this - is she right?

And, while we're about it, does anyone else put raw sliced mushrooms in mixed salad? I do, and apparently it marks me out as being slightly hippy-ish.

2 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but I was wondering if anyone else has peculiar food "habits" - NOOOO, not that one.

I thought about this when I read today about someone putting orange marmalade on sausages, which sounds bizarre to me. But then again, when I do baked beans on toast, I always rinse out the tin, and the last bit of sauce, with a splash of milk. My wife says she's never heard of anyone else doing this - is she right?

And, while we're about it, does anyone else put raw sliced mushrooms in mixed salad? I do, and apparently it marks me out as being slightly hippy-ish.

My late brother would add vinegar to baked beans but I've never heard of adding milk.

Mushrooms in salad is quite normal, isn't it? :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

My late brother would add vinegar to baked beans but I've never heard of adding milk.

Mushrooms in salad is quite normal, isn't it? :unsure:

Not according to my kid's friends. Last year there was a long discussion on their Facebook pages about the mushrooms in the salads that I served every Saturday lunchtime back in the 80s. Apparently, I was quite famous for it!

I once ate a few raw mushrooms and spent the next 8 hours thinking I was an orb and saw parts of a film run backwards. Never, again.

Apparently during the same episode I tried to eat a frozen pizza, which is pretty ****ing weird really.

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I once ate a few raw mushrooms and spent the next 8 hours thinking I was an orb and saw parts of a film run backwards. Never, again.

Apparently during the same episode I tried to eat a frozen pizza, which is pretty ****ing weird really.

this suits your pic perfectly.

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Did they look like this?

psilocybe_semilanceata.jpg

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ok his were stronger than mine apparently.

Discovered this one by accident when a packet split and spilt over my cheese and biscuits - coat pieces of Wensleydale cheese with the crumbs / flavouring stuff from the bottom of a bag or tub of twiglets, serve with a glass of Cava or Cider = happy days ! 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I put hot sauce on everything 

You would have liked my dinner last night I mucked up.Know you like a recipe or two and it's simple and quite nice.

pork chops

onion

4 tbsp Worcester Sauce

2 tbsp sugar

1 1/2 cups if tomato sauce

2 tsp mild chile powder

casserole 

Here lies my mistake doubled the chile powder and used hot powder and a schoolboy error I used tbsp instead of tsp.

Didnt mind it myself but the kids weren't impressed.

Archived