Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

Do you eat/treat strange food ingredients?

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I like aubergine on my pizza. Has to be thinly sliced though. 

That's an Italian thing so not really that weird.

When I lived in Italy for a little while I had some random stuff on pizzas, sausage and chips on one and scrambled eggs on another being pretty bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That's an Italian thing so not really that weird.

When I lived in Italy for a little while I had some random stuff on pizzas, sausage and chips on one and scrambled eggs on another being pretty bizarre.

Yeah there's a myth that Italians are really precious about their pizzas but they through all sorts of shit on, specially in the North. Aubergine pizza is lush. 

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

Yeah there's a myth that Italians are really precious about their pizzas but they through all sorts of shit on, specially in the North. Aubergine pizza is lush. 

Yeah I was in Bergamo. They had about 200 different types of pizza that were all pretty much the same and not one with a BBQ sauce base which is unforgivable.

5 hours ago, DB11 said:

I rinse the can of beans out with water. Why do you waste the milk just to rinse something? 

I put the milk in the saucepan with the rest of the beans. The "rinsing" is to get the last of the tomato sauce - sorry, I thought I explained that.

21 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Work mate had a bacon cob with mayo from the bakery today,

mayo on a blt fine Ines but bacon and mayo.... what even?!

Was the bacon hot or cold? If it was cold, it's acceptable.

I'm told my food habits are weird.

Bacon sarnie with thinly sliced cucumber. A lad at work got me on to it so I tried it and liked it. Similar to tomato on a BLT really. I don't have it very often though.

Fish, chips and mushy peas. Covered in salad cream. I love salad cream! Other examples are cheese and onion Walkers crisp sandwiches with salad cream on it. Lovely.

I also like chips covered in curry sauce from the chippy, then ketchup all over it on top. Looks like a shitty afterbirth but tastes great.

Steak and chips with all the trimmings, but with gravy. I'm told gravy on steak is odd but I've always had it like that. And to make things even weirder I like to sprinkle some Oxo cube over the chips so it melts into the gravy. Taste sensation!

Round of bread with some sliced Red Leicester. Bung it in the microwave for 30s and you have instant melted cheese sandwich.

Cheese and beans on crumpets. 3 of them topped with grated cheese and Heinz beans over the top.

Golden syrup on toast is nice too.

Any leftover Yorkshire puddings (always home made) from a roast dinner. Leave them to go cold, then stick a dollop of jam of your choice in the middle and have with a cup of tea/coffee. Yorkies are basically a pastry so it tastes really nice.

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember any more yet.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Bacon sarnie with thinly sliced cucumber. A lad at work got me on to it so I tried it and liked it. Similar to tomato on a BLT really. I don't have it very often though.

Fish, chips and mushy peas. Covered in salad cream. I love salad cream! Other examples are cheese and onion Walkers crisp sandwiches with salad cream on it. Lovely.

I also like chips covered in curry sauce from the chippy, then ketchup all over it on top. Looks like a shitty afterbirth but tastes great.

Steak and chips with all the trimmings, but with gravy. I'm told gravy on steak is odd but I've always had it like that. And to make things even weirder I like to sprinkle some Oxo cube over the chips so it melts into the gravy. Taste sensation!

Round of bread with some sliced Red Leicester. Bung it in the microwave for 30s and you have instant melted cheese sandwich.

Cheese and beans on crumpets. 3 of them topped with grated cheese and Heinz beans over the top.

Any leftover Yorkshire puddings (always home made) from a roast dinner. Leave them to go cold, then stick a dollop of jam of your choice in the middle and have with a cup of tea/coffee. Yorkies are basically a pastry so it tastes really nice.

You werent joking, you are a fackin bear you beastly man lol

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

:revenge:

I went through a period of eating those curry sauce jars on Crackers as a meal - lazy man's curry. 

The Mrs is from Sheffield so she has all kinds of crazy northern eating habits. My 2 favourites, -well the 2 that baffle me the most- are:

Yorkshire Puddings and mint sauce as a starter for sunday dinner (Followed by full roast dinner including more yorkshire puddings)

Pie Butties - literally a chip shop pie between 2 slices of bread

33 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

The Mrs is from Sheffield so she has all kinds of crazy northern eating habits. My 2 favourites, -well the 2 that baffle me the most- are:

Yorkshire Puddings and mint sauce as a starter for sunday dinner (Followed by full roast dinner including more yorkshire puddings)

Pie Butties - literally a chip shop pie between 2 slices of bread

When I was a kid, my mother used to serve up Yorkies with butter and sugar as a pudding.

Archived