Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Guitars

I've got a basic encore e6 (one of those knock-off strats that go for sub £100) that I started learning with; an Ibanez RG421EX which I play most of the time, and I've recently built my own flying V style guitar.

The encore was just a learning guitar - had it for 4 years until I'd properly got a grip of playing, essentially replaced it with the Ibanez because it's a speed machine (and I play pretty much exclusively metal) and built the flying V because they look incredibly cool.

Still got my sunburst Squier strat from my learning days. It's knackered.

I had a blue 50th anniversary American Strat that was a delight to play, but I had to sell it when I moved to London to fund an internship. Bought it from the US and sold it locally making a small fortune.

Still got an Epiphone G-400 Custom, it's a replica of a 1961 Les Paul Custom. It's a nice all-rounder. 

I have a gorgeous jet black resonator acoustic, too. Probably the guitar I play the most.

I pretty much haven't really played at all in about six years, instead I just sit in front of Logic twiddling knobs. *winks*

I was considering buying a new one to get me playing again, but they're f**king expensive. 

Edited by RoboFox

Just got my guitar wall sorted at home. American Deluxe Strat (Olympic White), Gretsch Pro Jet, Fender Jag (Candy Apple Red), Takamine EN10C, Uke all mounted nicely with just my Weissenborn to figure out how to mount now. A lovely sight when you get home ?

Got an Epiphone Les Paul trad pro and a Washburn parlour acoustic as my go to instruments, also got a cheap Shine bass (plays and sounds well above the price point) as well as a Washburn Dimeslime Dimebag Darrell model. 

The Dimeslime doesn't get much use but when I was a kid I'd never seen anything cooler. I came across one in fairly good nick a few years back and couldn't resist for the price. 

I just got back my Satellite Les Paul Copy that I had 36 years ago. Gave it my cousin about 15 years ago. Great to have it back as it was so precious getting it in the first place.  

Have a Gibson True Historic LP59, Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat, Gibson SG Standard. But you know what, seeing that knackered old LP copy sitting back on the stand is amazing, as at the time, it meant the world. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, separator said:

New to learning guitar but being left handed certainly reduces my choices. Got a left handed Ibanez acoustic

It's an absolute pain finding leftie guitars. Other option is doing a Hendrix. Buy a right handed guitar, get a left handed nut and saddle (not that expensive - you'd be looking maybe 20-30 quid combined) and just flip it. Would be a pain if you're playing right up the neck around the 20th fret, but for the most part it'd do.

Edited by The Doctor

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's an absolute pain finding leftie guitars. Other option is doing a Hendrix. Buy a right handed guitar, get a left handed nut and saddle (not that expensive - you'd be looking maybe 20-30 quid combined) and just flip it. Would be a pain if you're playing right up the neck around the 20th fret, but for the most part it'd do.

Yeah, did think about re-stringing a righty guitar but thought better of it. Ive been following this guy on YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pLCNe0Uw3ZWp4tAA7ovSw   He fancies himself as a bit of a luthier, buys fake lefty guitars from China and tries to fix them to get them half decent, he's actually building one from scratch at the moment in his latest videos. His videos are funny too.

On 3/22/2017 at 00:37, separator said:

New to learning guitar but being left handed certainly reduces my choices. Got a left handed Ibanez acoustic

ha! same here! we really are limited for choices.

Best cheap guitars available are by SX/Rondo music. Virtually any  style you could want, right or left handed. Look up their reviews on youtube to see how they compare to the bigger names.

I've bought two from them - a telecaster and a semi-hollow body. Worst issue I had was some buzzing on the 12th fret.

• 1 year later...

Bought a Washburn Falcon about 20 years ago. I'm sure I only paid about £50. Never really knew much about the history of Falcons other than they were early 80's. Not played it in years and it's been in its case gathering dust in my garage 

Anyway I had a bit of a tidy up and got the old thing out.  I didn't realise how nice it was so I had a look on eBay. The bloody things have been selling  for between £700 and £1000. Mine does have a few tiny dents and scratches but I genually cant believe it lol