Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The Vicente Calderón will host the stage for a proper farewell tour, as the club are moving to the new Wanda Metropolitano next season:

atleticonuevo2.jpg

Question is: Could we potentially spoil the party in two weeks' time?

That's a shame. The Calderon is one of the nicest stadiums in Europe. That looks a pile shit.

The 'one roof for all' thing is awful.

1 hour ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

I agree with you. We all slated him when he wasn't playing well but now tactics have changed and vardy is on fire ? all the players are100 % better this is LCFC of last season

I don't know if he's world class but he's definitely European class. I think the thing we have learned about him is that the team has to play a certain way to get the best out of him, which is why I'd argue he is not world class. Of all our players I would say that our team is built around Vardy, and when it is built around him and we play to his strengths (both pace on the break and fast pressing / harrasment of opposition) we are brilliant. Okazaki is a great example of this, he's a relatively average footballer but he is almost the ideal foil for Vardy because of his non-stop running.

I was very anti-Vardy earlier in the year but he was clearly told not to press the opposition this season. (You would often hear Claudio telling him NOT to do it). I don't think Vardy is quite good enough to play as a more European style striker (Fillipo Inzaghi being the best example I can think of who played on the shoulder for Juve / Milan, but didn't chase the opposition down), but in a high pressing system he's probably up there with Luis Suarez and Aubameyang in terms of importance to his team and end product. Of recent it appears that he enjoys being the pantomine villain and whilst I think I would hate him if played against us, he's definitely a cult hero for us. Glad to see he's proved me wrong as the Jamie Vardy we've seen recently is a great sight to see.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know if he's world class but he's definitely European class. I think the thing we have learned about him is that the team has to play a certain way to get the best out of him, which is why I'd argue he is not world class. Of all our players I would say that our team is built around Vardy, and when it is built around him and we play to his strengths (both pace on the break and fast pressing / harrasment of opposition) we are brilliant. Okazaki is a great example of this, he's a relatively average footballer but he is almost the ideal foil for Vardy because of his non-stop running.

I was very anti-Vardy earlier in the year but he was clearly told not to press the opposition this season. (You would often hear Claudio telling him NOT to do it). I don't think Vardy is quite good enough to play as a more European style striker (Fillipo Inzaghi being the best example I can think of who played on the shoulder for Juve / Milan, but didn't chase the opposition down), but in a high pressing system he's probably up there with Luis Suarez and Aubameyang in terms of importance to his team and end product. Of recent it appears that he enjoys being the pantomine villain and whilst I think I would hate him if played against us, he's definitely a cult hero for us. Glad to see he's proved me wrong as the Jamie Vardy we've seen recently is a great sight to see.

More so than that for me, genuine club legend

8 hours ago, Ricey said:

Their league match before the second leg has now been moved from the Sunday to the Saturday.

And it's a home game against bottom-of-the-table, dead-and-buried Osasuna.

They also play on the Saturday before the first leg, in Madrid (away to Real), while we are playing away to Everton the Sunday. I hope we just put out our 2nd/3rd team out for Everton, don't travel any of the 1st team.

On 3/18/2017 at 09:09, FireFox said:

It [Everton game on Sunday] would have been moved [to Saturday] if we played Tuesday, but nope, not for Wednesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/17/jose-mourinho-fa-premier-league-dont-give-s-european-success/

Now this might have been "too last minute" (though that didn't matter last season), but if the PL / FA cared about our European success, then the Everton game (April 9th) would be move up to Friday night (April 7), and our Tuesday game (April 4th) with Sunderland would be moved to Saturday/Sunday (April 22/23) (our Spurs game and their Arsenal game both postponed).

Archived