Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

2 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

I am struggling for time off the week, have done 3 days for all the other games. Out of interest has anybody been on the flights put on by the club before and do they come back immediately after the game as I may be able to wangle a single day off!! Any advice appreciated!! thanks 

Back same day, however like Seville this is during holiday season, so I fully expect a shortage of aircraft.

3 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

I am struggling for time off the week, have done 3 days for all the other games. Out of interest has anybody been on the flights put on by the club before and do they come back immediately after the game as I may be able to wangle a single day off!! Any advice appreciated!! thanks 

Exactly the same problem here

Just now, jh95 said:

They need to release the day ASAP. Flights looking pricey for this

Not if you go from Birmingham the 10th is currently 18 quid out

5 minutes ago, skmanuk said:

EasyJet prices doubled whilst I was trying to pay

Just tried to book from 11th -13th in Madrid to cover myself and it's 600 for two flight tickets already.

Just now, Biggus said:

From UEFA site:

Atlético have never lost at home to English opposition (W5 D5); in England, their record is W2 D4 L4. Their last visit was victorious, winning 3-1 at Chelsea

So if we can manage to scrape a draw in the home leg (1-1 would be nice, 2-2 would be better!) then we can take it to them in the home leg.

Obviously if we smash them 5-0 in the first leg, that would be an ok result too :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

ffs, not again

we play better against teams with loads of possession.

then again they are below Sevilla in la liga..

You could argue that they're the weakest team we could have got.

For us to maximise our chances of progression we have to be happy with Atletico, Monaco or Dortmund and the fact that Monaco and Dortmund play each other means the four weakest sides play each other which gives the four weaker sides a better chance of getting to the final if the winners draw each other in the semis.

Whoever we got was going to be extremely tough but I'm sure Atletico are delighted to get us.

1 minute ago, Shaneb said:

It's just getting worse, flights gone up to 120£ quid in the space of minutes

This hour wait for the dates drives prices up massively. Everyone starts messing about on the airline websites and their tracking technology just whacks the prices up.

Archived