Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

3 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Football travellers panic too much. Calm down, give it a week before the game and flights will be back to expected prices. has happened on all of the other games and will happen here too

No it wont, it's half term

6 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Football travellers panic too much. Calm down, give it a week before the game and flights will be back to expected prices. has happened on all of the other games and will happen here too

Flights would be OK then maybe but the game will be sold out.

Sorry if anyone has already mentioned but its interesting to note that Aleti's game before the first leg is against Real Madrid, a big local derby so they are unlikely to rest any players, however they probably will before the second leg as they play Osasuna

Their centre back and left back, Gimenez and Luis, are on yellows, along with Gabi in midfield. Torres and Gaitan managed to pick on up yellows when they were subbed on too. To our Schmeical, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy. I'm assuming yellows from the group stages don't count.

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's going to be tough out there, this team really does reflect their manager... if Vardy comes out of the first leg without a yellow it'll be a miracle as if he doesn't he would miss the second leg due to the booking last match. Simeone will know that and given how snide he is along with his touchline antics he'll be out to make it happen.

This rule really annoys me.  If a player gets two yellows in one game he gets sent off and misses the next game.  If a player gets a yellow card in two consecutive games, he misses the next game.  I realise the difference is the time the player is sent off for in the first instance, but it still feels like there is too close of a punishment for the two scenarios.  I think a cumulative amount per player per stage would be better like 3 in group stage, 3 in knockout.

Just has never seemed right that a player could get two yellows over two games and basically end up with the same suspension as a player that gets two in one. 

24 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Their centre back and left back, Gimenez and Luis, are on yellows, along with Gabi in midfield. Torres and Gaitan managed to pick on up yellows when they were subbed on too. To our Schmeical, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy. I'm assuming yellows from the group stages don't count.

Isn't it a case that you get suspended after 3 yellows in the competition, hence why Huth was one yellow away?

In which case only Huth, Slimani and Vardy are one yellow card away.

Gabi and Luis were suspended for them on Wednesday, leaving only Gimenez one yellow away.

Just now, Ricey said:

Isn't it a case that you get suspended after 3 yellows in the competition, hence why Huth was one yellow away?

In which case only Huth, Slimani and Vardy are one yellow card away.

Gabi and Luis were suspended for them on Wednesday, leaving only Gimenez one yellow away.

I think this is all correct

and I suspect gabi and luis made sure they picked up a second yellow once they were winning in leverkeusen ???

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Atletico's record in the CL and at home doesn't matter, they're playing City now and we just made a mess of Sevila's records which were also impressive.

The only history that matters is that last time we played them we were cheated by the ref - we have an account to settle.

5 1/2 years since they were last beaten in Europe.

Try flying to Alicante or Valencia, daily flights to Alicante, fast train to Madrid takes 2:40 minutes, Valencia fast train is 1:50. Flights available Tuesday and Thursday . I guess most already know this

37 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Bollocks!!! If you were asked to pick 4 players you would not want suspended?

Are they reset for the semi? Can't believe i just asked that lol

Archived